Final: #1 Katy 170k/187k

Duca

The numbers are not bad at all considering that she basically had no support from radio and the media this era. The streams are bad though, I thought she would do more there. But who cares

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Lemon Drops

• ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

• One Nation

Let me remind you that almost 1,000,000 tickets went on sale weeks before Witness was released. 

This goes to show that Katy's tour is doing just as bad as her album sales.

She LOST.

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, grigiogay said:

Let me remind you that almost 1,000,000 tickets went on sale weeks before Witness was released. 

This goes to show that Katy's tour is doing just as bad as her album sales.

She LOST.

Still #1

13 hours ago, DatChickDoe said:

Y'all need to take a moment to grow up. It is kind of old that people are so obsessed with sales numbers. Katy, Gaga, Taylor, and Ariana all have different groups they target. They are all doing fine when you consider some albums hit # 1 with 50,000 copies now. While you are obsessed with numbers, artists are doing what they love and are passionate about. While you decide if you want the crust on the sandwich your mother makes you. Focus more on your passion and dreams and less on your perception of who is "flopping" . Because in the end, wasting your life obsessing on trivial things is a waste of the gifts you've been given.

I think a big problem is that Katy didn't seem to have a demograpic targetted. Her demo moved on to Ariana since she was absent for 4 years. Gaga had an AC crowd that saved her day, Taylor has the white/ midwest hick demo on lock. So what's left for Katy? The black community didn't bite even with Migos and Nicki collabs (especially not with the backlash) and neither did any of the other demos latch on either so then you get what happened now. An lackluster response all across the board.

Why do people think she would have sold so much less without the bundle? People who bought ticket+album bundle first week are definitely fans and those would have bought a copy anyway :rip: 

23 minutes ago, J-boy said:

Still #1

#1 *

DCec1fjVoAARlnP.jpg

Edited by grigiogay

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Why do people think she would have sold so much less without the bundle? People who bought ticket+album bundle first week are definitely fans and those would have bought a copy anyway :rip: 

How can you be so sure? :rip: People like getting things for free. It's not the same thing to spend $12 for an album or buy a ticket and get the album for free. :skull: 

SWISH SWISH! YAS!

Edited by prollyallmyfault

4 minutes ago, Hurem said:

How can you be so sure? :rip: People like getting things for free. It's not the same thing to spend $12 for an album or buy a ticket and get the album for free. :skull: 

you think people would buy a $60 ticket to get a free album but they wouldn't buy a $12 album? :skull: 

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

you think people would buy a $60 ticket to get a free album but they wouldn't buy a $12 album? :skull: 

yes ofc. you can listen to the album for free on spotify. why would I buy a $12 album

36 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The numbers are not bad at all considering that she basically had no support from radio and the media this era. The streams are bad though, I thought she would do more there. But who cares

CTTR got a lot of airplay. Way more than was validated by it's sales or streams... 

1 minute ago, Aurora said:

Yes. People way easier spend money on tour tickets than on albums these days. 

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Yes? :skull: 

40 minutes ago, J-boy said:

Still #1

There are #1 albums with like 60-70k sales 

3 minutes ago, Afferty said:

There are #1 albums with like 60-70k sales 

Still #1 

1 minute ago, Ferret said:

Still #1 

if it's enough to satisfy you, congrats

Edited by Afferty

14 hours ago, Kkamjong said:

If she picks HHH as the next single this album will fail to cross 300k and the era is officially over. She's choosing all the worst songs lyrically and sonically to be singles and I don't get it. The sales are expecting considering CTTR was released 4 months ago and BA and SS are both underperformed and aren't songs that sell albums. 

Her best bets are to release Witness/Tsunami/SAD/Miss You More along with a good video and actual decent performances. BA and SS are huge stand outs in the album in a bad way...I still can't believe those were singles.

The album art is also hideous. Not to mention everyone hates her hair and current style. 

And yet...she keeps hinting that HHH might be the next single, refuses to change her style, and keeps promoting that hideous album cover all over instagram. 

Kats can't save this mess! Time to hope she pull an Ariana/Rihanna and releases an album next year (and hopefully doesn't write the lyrics)

But at least she got #1...so I mean one decent thing :deadbanana3: 

YES PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

26 minutes ago, Ghost said:

No they wouldn't have. I was looking at the comments under the Facebook Witness Tour ads and I was actually shocked at how many people just want to go to a concert to go. Nearly all of them didn't care or know that she has an album out 

Can someone explain to me how the fawk a popstar can loose with #1 album in the country?

You guys found a new level of reaching.

1 minute ago, Vorfreude said:

Can someone explain to me how the fawk a popstar can loose with #1 album in the country?

#1 is cute, but the way y'all are ignoring the disaster that would happen if it wasn't for the tour bundles... :toofunny3: Her management played their cards right in order to secure the #1. Now let's see how they'll handle the longevity problem, since the album is down to #35 on iTunes and she's got only one song on US Spotify top 200.

6 minutes ago, Vorfreude said:

A #1 album for 1 week isn't exactly that hard to get. I mean Gwen Stefani went #1 last year.

Katy obviously hasn't fallen to completely irrelevancy, but her drop is just very noticeable. Hopefully for her the tour does well at least. 

lots of people go to concert becuase of artist's name- buzz, catalog, previous era.

17k SPS is terrible omg. And people say Gaga got lost in the digital age.

Release Roulette as a quick lil single to score that streaming smash, queen!

Congrats Katy on the #1 :clap3: Witness is a nice pop album. 

At the end of the day no matter how much any of these pop girls sell, they're still achieving their dreams and releasing what they want to release. And making millions every year. So what if their album isn't doing very well?

They still have dedicated stans that see them on tour, which is all that truly matters. 

I don't believe she only has 17k in streaming. CTTR was a relative "hit" and Swish Swish would have got a bunch of streams. That seems wrong to me.

Edited by nathanspears