• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Lemon Drops

• ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

• h.u.r.r.i.c.a.n.e

7 minutes ago, Yassin512 said:

I agree that flopping is maybe a strong word for her performance, but it's just not the same as it used to be for any female artist that is not Adele.

If you look at Beyoncé's status in the industry and how many stans and casual fans she has, you would think she's selling 10M+ per era, but the tragic sales climate is affecting everyone especially female artists and Beyoncé is no exception.

I agree 100% that it's not the same as it used to be, and it's sad. I wish everyone's sales would return to those when singles were selling hundreds of thousands a week. 

She should be selling 10M+ an era, unfortunately, she's so damn controversial to some, hated immensely by others, misunderstood, a married woman who makes R&B with a sexualized image, and she's black. I think she's doing pretty well considering. I'm just looking forward to her next era to see just how much the industry's state will play into her era's performance. 

Edited by QueenBLadyG

23 minutes ago, Yassin512 said:

Well it's these silly stan wars that help fuel the downfall everytime. Gays are always bragging about supporting women yet are QUICK to take down pop girls that they don't stan for. 

MTE

Can someone please tell me how many albums she actually sold/how many were from the tour bundle/how many were streams? I am so confused. 

16 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Can someone please tell me how many albums she actually sold/how many were from the tour bundle/how many were streams? I am so confused. 

Tour bundle information isn't known yet

It's 187 all together

170 (169k really) pure and 17k streaming. 

Pure is a combo of the tour bundles, digital albums sales, and physical deals. 

cant wait for next weeks numbers :rip: 

1 hour ago, infrared said:

It's 187 all together

:dancehall3:

OT: Congrats Katy I guess :clap3:

Fun Fact Of The Day: Katy is a living legend.

Making those numbers in this industry is SO hard nowadays.

LOVE HER! Hope she celebrates forever!

xoxo

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Rihanna's album was digital only in its first couple of weeks, not to mention the TIDAL sales glitch which made it chart a week earlier than its release. If it was available physically, digitally, and on all streaming platforms, she would've easily done 250K-300K. :fan: 

Doesn't matter though, because she won in the end. :fan: 

Exactly :lmao:

She need to discount the album permanently maybe it'll help her in the long run. Lolols. This is not good with a tour bundle thing.

1 hour ago, QueenBLadyG said:

I agree 100% that it's not the same as it used to be, and it's sad. I wish everyone's sales would return to those when singles were selling hundreds of thousands a week. 

She should be selling 10M+ an era, unfortunately, she's so damn controversial to some, hated immensely by others, misunderstood, a married woman who makes R&B with a sexualized image, and she's black. I think she's doing pretty well considering. I'm just looking forward to her next era to see just how much the industry's state will play into her era's performance. 

+ no #1 hit since the Bush administration, but she keeps on winning with ease.

:clap3: yas

Congrats for the #1 Katy!

Hopefully some of her more venomous stans tone it down with Gaga though all things considered. Witness is by no means as bad as the critics say, the first and last parts of the album are good bar the cringe lyrics :clap3:

Congrats Katy!

A lot of you are so mean. It's a great moment for Katy.

1 hour ago, infrared said:

It's 187 all together

Ahh thank you. HONESTLY, this isn't tragic or even bad considering she had no hits and has had plenty of mess ups this era. 

1 hour ago, Yassin512 said:

I agree that flopping is maybe a strong word for her performance, but it's just not the same as it used to be for any female artist that is not Adele.

If you look at Beyoncé's status in the industry and how many stans and casual fans she has, you would think she's selling 10M+ per era, but the tragic sales climate is affecting everyone especially female artists and Beyoncé is no exception. :michael:

If Bey is "underperforming" with 600k from 5 days of tracking and less than a quater of the radio and streaming Katy has gotten; then where does Katy stand with less than 200k? 

Those 2 are not on the same level. Even Katy knows. Stop.

6 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Ahh thank you. HONESTLY, this isn't tragic or even bad considering she had no hits and has had plenty of mess ups this era. 

The Kats told me that Chained to the Rhythm was a hit.

What is the truth? :doc:

16 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

If Bey is "underperforming" with 600k from 5 days of tracking and less than a quater of the radio and streaming Katy has gotten; then where does Katy stand with less than 200k? 

Those 2 are not on the same level. Even Katy knows. Stop.

That's almost exactly what I was saying though? :toofunny3: 

Every pop girl has her success standards. Bey's is obviously way higher than Katy and both of them wish they could achieve the same numbers they used to get.

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, Monarch15 said:

:clap3:

Do we have a prediction for next week? It won't go back to #1 so we should be able to put some bound on its sales outside of the bundle.

These numbers are just okay. Surprised at the low SPS.