Final: #1 Katy 170k/187k

Duca

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

people had the choice to buy her ticket

people had the choice to redeem the code that came with the ticket

you literally have no basis for your argument that the ticket bundle is somehow 'inflating' her sales

that's S.A.D., huh?

If I saw an email in my inbox that said "Congratulations, your $150 concert ticket also came with an album, click here to download it at no additional cost since you've already paid for it!!" I'd probably redeem it too.

But congrats I guess!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Lemon Drops

• ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

• One Nation

11 minutes ago, Divine said:

How doesn't it? She's artificially inflating her album sales with ticket sales.

Even when Gaga's album was sold for 99 cents, at least people made the CHOICE to buy it.

This has to be the stupidest comment ever. People still BOUGHT the tickets though, which is still MORE expensive than the album price....so she still HAS the demand. Just because her last two singles were poor choices on her part and didn't click wth the GP doesn't mean she is over...which is exactly what you are trying to imply.

I obviously expected people to make that 'bundle' excuse but go on I guess....

Edited by Witnessed ET

Just now, Jonathan said:

nah

dddd; then why would she put her entire album out on youtube? :toofunny3:  (same for Ed and Bruno) 

oh.. i focused with the sales that I forgot about Streaming... only 25k??? now that SEA+TEA is mehh..

Just now, Eternium said:

So now Katy's cheating because her tour is bigger than TC's? :ahh: All of our faves should be doing tour bundles and I hope they're taking notes about how the promotion saved albums as tragic as MDNA and Witness.

This forum was so late to album equivalents and now you're all going to be late to ticket bundles. People make the CHOICE to buy the tickets from a first party seller, they make the CHOICE to buy these tickets at a higher price that includes the cost of the album and they make the CHOICE to redeem the album. Do you genuinely think selling 99 cent albums is more legitimate than selling $100 tour tickets and an album? :deadbanana: 

:lipton2: 

drag them :ahh: 

This is about what I was expecting. Remember that Joanne scored 202k SPS with a complete flop lead single.

6 minutes ago, Divine said:

Even when Gaga's album was sold for 99 cents, at least people made the CHOICE to buy it.

People made the CHOICE to buy her tour ticket which is at least 50x more expensive than 99 cents

That's actually awesome :alexz: 

8 minutes ago, Divine said:

streaming inflates album sales, too.  Even still, people are making the CHOICE to spend HUNDREDS of dollars to see her SOLD OUT concert.

Looks like by ATRL's standards Katy is a touring and album artisté now :gaycat2: 

This is REALLY good considering what Prism sold 4 years ago. We won 

Just now, Divine said:

If I saw an email in my inbox that said "Congratulations, your $150 concert ticket also came with an album, click here to download it at no additional cost since you've already paid for it!!" I'd probably redeem it too.

But congrats I guess!

Some people don't check their emails. Some people might think it was a scam. Some people just might not want a physical CD because they have no use for it. Some people might just forget about it. Some might not even realise it came with a copy of the album. There are an infinite amount of possibilities for why this 'ticket bundle' does not yield a guaranteed sale with every ticket sold.

22 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

The tour bundle, it's impact :clap3:

weren't you bashing the album? and now praising sales? sis wyd 

• ATRL Moderator
11 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

2nd week drop will be kii

ID3K2Uh.gif

wait who is this? I wanna know what song she's bopping to

Wow those are actually great numbers

Just now, Eternium said:

So now Katy's cheating because her tour is bigger than TC's? :ahh: All of our faves should be doing tour bundles and I hope they're taking notes about how the promotion saved albums as tragic as MDNA and Witness.

???

You may want to reread my post and what I replied to because this makes zero sense. No one claimed it was "cheating."

stop fighting and congratulate a pop girl having a good news in 2017 for once. :ace:

3 minutes ago, h.u.r.r.i.c.a.n.e said:

yeah isn't that the same thing??

if you dont redeem it you dont get it. :michael: you get to choose if you want to include it with your purchase or not

You still have to buy the album. Even if you don't redeem it. 

The post I was replying to was inferring it was a separate purchase you can make on top. You have to buy the album if you want a tour ticket.

1 hour ago, ManDown said:

SZA with that 500-642% increase in first week sales over her last release. :clap3:

Selling 3-4 times the total sales of her last release in the first week alone. :clap3:

:clap3:I forgot she released, let me give her some streams

she is getting roasted left and right yet there is still a lot of interest for her, and she's serving quality music and personality 

the next madonna indeed

Just now, Starkboy said:

stop fighting and congratulate a pop girl having a good news in 2017 for once. :ace:

Stan culture has really killed female pop stars.

3 minutes ago, gimmielove said:

dddd; then why would she put her entire album out on youtube? :toofunny3:  (same for Ed and Bruno) 

Katy is one of the most subscribed artists on YouTube and she is a YouTube streaming force. Simply putting her songs on YouTube raises awareness that she has music out and will, hopefully, generate interest, and therefore generate people to look for the songs on Spotify and iTunes too.

HA! And some laughed at me when I said she could pull off 200k first week :fan:

2 minutes ago, Lemon Drops said:

You still have to buy the album. Even if you don't redeem it. 

The post I was replying to was inferring it was a separate purchase you can make on top. You have to buy the album if you want a tour ticket.

??????

if you dont redeem it, you dont get it, the sale doesn't count, does that really count as "buying" it? not really hunny