Final: #1 Katy 170k/187k

Duca

I was expecting more because of the ticket bundle but good job Katy nonetheless.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Lemon Drops

• ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

• h.u.r.r.i.c.a.n.e

6 minutes ago, Nutitle said:

Yall should remake this gif with a Witness and OKH version

OtfBY7u.gif

she won :clap3: 

do it xD

Doing Joanne numbers with a tour bundle? Ouch.

She won:clap3:

butterflysupreme
Just now, Starkboy said:

Right? Also we're about to have the 2nd consecutive #1 female album of the year. :clap3: 

sorry to disappoint you but we never got Madonna, Chainsmokers etc. numbers without it 

Didn't even know Madonna did it. Was looking forward to seeing TCS's real numbers too but oh well.

6 minutes ago, Schhh said:

Gaga had a discount. 

OT: Katy won! Great numbers.

Wow, she was using discount already, even in Born this Way.

OT: Congrats Katy :heart2: 

1 minute ago, Otter said:

Didn't katy open with like 300k at her commercial peak during a much better sales period??There is nothing to drag here:rip:

She should have been able to do 250k+without a tour bundle but the 4month wait, messy rollout and countless backlash obviously put an end to that. Taking all into account this is great. Anyone acting surprised she didn't do higher is delulu. Can she now give the era the singles it deserves?

Also I wouldn't be surprised if this numbers drops over the week, I assume pre-orders will make her week especially front heavy.

280K I think was her peak with PRISM. So she's only 50K(ish) down after a 4 year wait and no hits!? 

Id say that's pretty great? 

Excellent :clap3:

SZA with that 500-642% increase in first week sales over her last release. :clap3:

Selling 3-4 times the total sales of her last release in the first week alone. :clap3:

1 minute ago, Lemon Drops said:

No you don't. You have to buy the album if you want a ticket. You just have to redeem for the sale to count.

This doesn't even make sense. :skull: You can't buy an album without it counting as a sale.

30 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

Didn't even know Madonna did it. Was looking forward to seeing TCS's real numbers too but oh well.

Barbra, Metallica, Janet and even Justin Bieber also did it with Purpose

Edited by Green

4 minutes ago, gimmielove said:

does youtube count for SPS?

nah, only ODS.

2 minutes ago, Lemon Drops said:

No you don't. You have to buy the album if you want a ticket. You just have to redeem for the sale to count.

yeah isn't that the same thing??

if you dont redeem it you dont get it. :michael: you get to choose if you want to include it with your purchase or not

Edited by h.u.r.r.i.c.a.n.e

:clap3: 

Poor OKHs :doc:

Go, Katy!!! :clap3:

I was expecting a bit more SPS, but, still, good debut! 

Edited by QueenBLadyG

6 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

But the CS are playing clubs. Katy is doing a 50+ date US arena tour. The numbers aren't amazing if they include the tour bundle imo, since they literally mail you a physical copy.

The others had to redeem a digital copy, which are way less valued. 

So now Katy's cheating because her tour is bigger than TC's? :ahh: All of our faves should be doing tour bundles and I hope they're taking notes about how the promotion saved albums as tragic as MDNA and Witness.

4 minutes ago, Divine said:

How doesn't it? She's artificially inflating her album sales with ticket sales.

Even when Gaga's album was sold for 99 cents, at least people made the CHOICE to buy it.

This forum was so late to album equivalents and now you're all going to be late to ticket bundles. People make the CHOICE to buy the tickets from a first party seller, they make the CHOICE to buy these tickets at a higher price that includes the cost of the album and they make the CHOICE to redeem the album. Do you genuinely think selling 99 cent albums is more legitimate than selling $100 tour tickets and an album? :deadbanana: 

9 minutes ago, TKO said:

'People told me'... stop. you are so embarrasing. :ace:  99% of the members here dragged cttr for being a flop. congratulate and move on.

I've been saying for quite a while that people are still here for Katy. Her VEVO views are outstanding and she's adding more dates to her tour. 

The GP ain't clicking with the last two singles but I guess they loved Witness, Pendelum and Roulette :cm:

These are REALLY good. I was expecting her to completely bomb.