First look of Angelina Jolie's Maria Callas as biopic begins filming

okgo

Wait, Pablo Larrain?! Oh, she's coming for that Oscar nomination. Who will be playing Renata?!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Blade Runner

• popmusicisdead

• Blue Monday

6 minutes ago, Riot said:

She won a second Oscar for being MOTHER

Technically a non-competitive award is not a win :eli:

6 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

she has two, but even one is difficult to get, not everybody has that 

ezgif-3-6e16e4b642.thumb.gif.eb3f6528f56

Had no idea got an honorary one as well. That’s very impressive. 

Edited by Bey'Knight
Opining
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Riot said:

My president :jonny3:

• Thanks 2

Angelina Jolie would be the last person I'd think of to portray Maria Callas. Their jaw/chin area is similar but Maria wasn't particularly known for her beauty to put it nicely. Also, how the hell is she gonna pull off the singing aspect? I smell an Oscar for Outstanding AI Performance coming

Edited by dumbsparce

2 hours ago, Smarticle said:

@suburbannaturealready eating this **** up

Literally insanely excited for this. :jonny: 

Jackie and Spencer are two of my fave films in the last ten years. Pablo Larrain can have this -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tiagol88 said:

Yeh how dare she having that face her entire life

Dont be an actor if u only have landy of the manor face to give.

Actual actors can transform, like Meryl Streep.

Jolie was a beautiful sexy nepobabe who could never act more than the cheap sexy act. Turns out no one cares anymore.

She should focus being a mother like she said she would.

I prefer Megan Fox paralyzed face anyday. At least she doesnt pretend to know how to act.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

2 hours ago, NickAurora said:

Wait, Pablo Larrain?! Oh, she's coming for that Oscar nomination. Who will be playing Renata?!

jennifer

NickAurora

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Antikythera said:

Dont be an actor if u only have landy of the manor face to give.

Actual actors can transform, like Meryl Streep.

Jolie was a beautiful sexy nepobabe who could never act more than the cheap sexy act. Turns out no one cares anymore.

She should focus being a mother like she said she would.

I prefer Megan Fox paralyzed face anyday. At least she doesnt pretend to know how to act.

Oh, interesting...someone called out the overrated, stilted acting for the first time on this forum.

I never expected to read anything negative about Jolie in here considering this site rides so hard for her she's praised as this never seen before talent yet her filmography is not only forgettable at best , but it has some really awful trashy B movies that should have never gotten the green light in the first place.  She's never left any impression on me with her acting chops even in her "good" roles but hey, she's pretty i guess and that's the main appeal. 

She looks as out of place and miscast in this role as expected. It's gonna be hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

• Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, P.O.P said:

Another BOMB in the making 

It's Pablo Larrain - he completely subverts biopic tropes in favor of mood pieces. Jackie was almost like a psychological horror film at times.

goddess omg

She looks more beautiful than Callas in those photos but i'm not gonna judge until i see the movie.

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

It's Pablo Larrain - he completely subverts biopic tropes in favor of mood pieces. Jackie was almost like a psychological horror film at times.

Well yeah, Spencer flopped for filth tho.

It is Angelina we are talking about, she even tanked a Marvel movie (while it was still hot). Never doubt her BOMBING power.

• Thumbs Down 3

1 minute ago, P.O.P said:

Well yeah, Spencer flopped for filth tho.

It is Angelina we are talking about, she even tanked a Marvel movie (while it was still hot). Never doubt her BOMBING power.

No one expected an arthouse film like Spencer to be a box office smash - be serious

• Like 4

people here really worried about box office numbers here. it's an arthouse film for godsakes :rip: 

and for the last time, she won't be singing in this movie. it'll be about her last days long after she retired.

6 hours ago, NickAurora said:

curious about this too. Renata Tebaldi is my personal favorite MOG (Main Opera Girl) :duca:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

people here really worried about box office numbers here. it's an arthouse film for godsakes :rip: 

and for the last time, she won't be singing in this movie. it'll be about her last days long after she retired.

curious about this too. Renata Tebaldi is my personal favorite MOG (Main Opera Girl) :duca:

and downvote me all you want but callas didnt have a great of a voice. she was always more of an actress than a singer

7 hours ago, Riot said:

I didn't expect to be crying full stop on the fckn toilet but here we are :biblio: such a clever speech. To put herself in the unknowing, to let the listener form their own answer, while still managing to spell it out... bravo 

• Like 1

Larrain doesn't give a sh+t about physical resemblance because his movies aren't about that. I mean, he casted KStew as Lady Di, like... fbsff  

7 hours ago, dumbsparce said:

Angelina Jolie would be the last person I'd think of to portray Maria Callas. Their jaw/chin area is similar but Maria wasn't particularly known for her beauty to put it nicely. Also, how the hell is she gonna pull off the singing aspect? I smell an Oscar for Outstanding AI Performance coming

WTF, did people really use to think Maria was ugly or something? My gawd, that woman mas MAJESTIC, imo. So freaking regal. 

mariacallascallas.jpg?w=640

16234213526010.jpg

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

WTF, did people really use to think Maria was ugly or something? My gawd, that woman mas MAJESTIC, imo. So freaking regal. 

mariacallascallas.jpg?w=640

16234213526010.jpg

Being greek myself, the general consensus over here is that she achieved so much and had the relationships she did bc of her class and talent, not her beauty. Whenever she's brought up you'll always hear a snarky comment about her appearance for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

Being greek myself, the general consensus over here is that she achieved so much and had the relationships she did bc of her class and talent, not her beauty. Whenever she's brought up you'll always hear a snarky comment about her appearance for whatever reason.

Damn, that's insane. She was so beautiful. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.