Sigrid - 'The Hype'

kyliefever2002

okay so Ghost is the only ballad? I'm relieved now. I can appreciate and play the hell out of a good ballad, but hers never seem to connect with me - and she sure loves making them. :gaycat6:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• computer.boy

• FireFade

• BADDEST

• campelo

• 2 weeks later...

the hype has been restored, it's a fun EP :jamming:

both Borderline and Wanted It To Be You are really good :heart:

Edited by FireFade
  • Like 1

I'm gonna keep my mouth closed... :rip: I was holding on to hope that this would be at least cute but it's clear she's a completely different artist than she was during her debut EPs and Sucker Punch

I feel like she is really being mismanaged, she could be huge by now, with several big collabs under her belt, but she's being left to fester as this bubbling, under-the-radar niche act. It's sad.

Quite underwhelming, at least  we've got a couple fun songs in here.

"Wanted It To Be You" is cute but she should stick to the same direction as the title track for the third album.

The mixing in "Borderline" is weird, the verses sound flat, the vocals sound in LQ, bleh.

2/4.

I really like the two non-singles, I think they're so fun and energetic! Seeing her live tonight as well, so it's a further bonus for me. 

That being said, it does seem like she's hit some kind of wall creatively. I hope she tries to work with some different producers for her next project, I feel like she could really benefit from having some new creative minds around her. 

• Like 2

Her debut is really good but everything after it it's been mild, there are some amazing songs but everything else screams filler.

She has so much potential, she needs to shake things up.

The Hype and Borderline are cute. She’s such a frustrating artist because when she gets it right she’s amazing but when she misses, she misses hard. 

• Like 1

i actually thought this was a solid return to form for her

9 hours ago, paper moon said:

The Hype and Borderline are cute. She’s such a frustrating artist because when she gets it right she’s amazing but when she misses, she misses hard. 

Sounds more like you're just a frustrated fan... lol

She hasn’t released anything near as good as Strangers, but for me this was much better than HTLG :cm:

On 10/29/2023 at 10:40 AM, perfectillusion204 said:

Sounds more like you're just a frustrated fan... lol

I'm going to defend @paper moon because I think her/his opinion is on point, Sigrid really is something, I think she is a very capable songwriter but sometimes the production kills the whole thing. Her highs are AMAZING, but her lows are very unmemorable. 

And if you read this thread, most of us agree with @paper moon

• Like 1

Every song a HIT!

Ghost is easily top 5 of her discography

• 3 months later...

the way she released this ep and realised her mistake (ok borderline is good thou) so ran to the studio this year to make literally the best music of her entire career :chick2: her career is saved and we're gonna eat good

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, s1974181 said:

the way she ran to the studio this year to make literally the best music of her entire career :chick2: her career is saved and we're gonna eat good

Hopefully more songs in the same vein as "The Hype / Borderline".

4 hours ago, s1974181 said:

the way she released this ep and realised her mistake (ok borderline is good thou) so ran to the studio this year to make literally the best music of her entire career :chick2: her career is saved and we're gonna eat good

thank god!!!

her sophomore album wasn't so impressive 

6 minutes ago, haimpedro said:

her sophomore album wasn't so impressive 

How To Let Go is so good what, never understood the hate 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.