• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Virtual_Insanity

• slw84

• family.guy123

• HappierJealousy

10 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

arent they literally losing money selling vinyls for $5? 

7 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

where?

Sorry misinformation, misread a tweet

The fact even melanie martinez did 150k this year but "big" acts like Doja Cat and Ed sheeran struggle to do 55k is sending

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

The fact even melanie martinez did 150k this year but "big" acts like Doja Cat and Ed sheeran struggle to do 55k is sending

melanie had 21 different physical variants of the album and she hadn't released in 4 years

not bad for a spinoff album at least he's flopping with album similar to + for once :jonny5:

I expected far worse, so while these aren’t good numbers compared to what he used to do, they’re not bad compared to what they could’ve been :deadbanana4:

Edited by Holiest Dreams

Doja numbers with no hit this is good numbers actually

Literally didn’t even release a single or promote it before hand. I’d say that’s not bad. 

Ya'll wanted him to decline commercially and be done for...now it seems you finally got his wish.

Ed is a legendary icon in pop music so he's in his legacy era.

I'm sure he'll not enjoy missing #1 considering his adoration for the charts but he's already achieved what he needed to achieve.

I forgot his album was out. I might listen to it tomorrow while walking my dog in the park...

Edited by slw84
  • Like 4

not bad for a guy that makes songs for wedding receptions tbh 

2 hours ago, XAMJ said:

i dont get how he is selling 70k+ stadiums for $55 but cant do more than these poor opening #s

Concerts are weird. I've been to a many of show (Gaga & Beyonce come to mind) where I've been near people who only knew the songs on the radio. 

4 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Radio can save a single, but not an album :heart:

On the flip side, artists who don't have radio support but do have a dedicated fanbase will sell albums every time.

3 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

Concerts are weird. I've been to a many of show (Gaga & Beyonce come to mind) where I've been near people who only knew the songs on the radio. 

people are going to his concerts to listen to listen to shape of you and other pre 2018 hits

Tbh, better than what I expected. :clap3: He’s doing Doja numbers without a current #1 single, this is great. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.