Speaker of the House πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ Megathread: Election Denier Mike Johnson is elected Speaker

Sergi91

I think we are more entering a post 2010 like vengeance from the GOP. They will shut the government down for Christmas.Β 

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vermillion

• FameFatale

• Bears01

• If U Seek Amy

the clownery of the republican party never fails to amaze me

Β 

moo.png

19 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

Not y’all saying bad move by dems when he wouldn’t work with the dems and dragged them on tv for no reason after saving his ass

He still does pass things with dems though in the endΒ 

Β 

the others won’t at allΒ 

Β 

16 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

Not y’all saying bad move by dems when he wouldn’t work with the dems and dragged them on tv for no reason after saving his ass

Don't get me wrong. I'm an anti-establishmentarian through and through and want to see the corrupt institutions of this shithole country blown to pieces like they deserve to be. But this is entirely antithetical to what Democrats profess to being. They are the ones who describe themselves as institutionalists who believe firmly in maintaining the status quo and want to ship endless financial aid to Ukraine more than they want to support people at home. Their decision to allow a minority of Republicans overthrow a relatively moderate Speaker who is actually supportive of that Ukraine-first, America-last mindset and leaving a power vacuum that can be filled by an even more extreme MAGA Republican like Jim Jordan who won't support that, leaving Ukraine at potential risk of being overrun by Russia. Democrats might have thrown away Ukraine's future by jettisoning McCarthy :michael:Β 

• Like 1

The idea of the GOP electing a more right wing speaker is amusing. McCarthy was already that right wing election-denying clown, he just didn't foam at the mouth like MTG.

Β 

Dems need to keep letting the GOP act a fool in front of the cameras. In a time where most Americans care about inflation, affording their homes, and keeping their civil rights, the GOP is making a mess of things over speakers and f*cking Hunter Biden.Β :rip:

41 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm an anti-establishmentarian through and through and want to see the corrupt institutions of this shithole country blown to pieces like they deserve to be. But this is entirely antithetical to what Democrats profess to being. They are the ones who describe themselves as institutionalists who believe firmly in maintaining the status quo and want to ship endless financial aid to Ukraine more than they want to support people at home. Their decision to allow a minority of Republicans overthrow a relatively moderate Speaker who is actually supportive of that Ukraine-first, America-last mindset and leaving a power vacuum that can be filled by an even more extreme MAGA Republican like Jim Jordan who won't support that, leaving Ukraine at potential risk of being overrun by Russia. Democrats might have thrown away Ukraine's future by jettisoning McCarthy :michael:Β 

Is thisΒ satire lmao

8 minutes ago, Komet blu said:

Is thisΒ satire lmao

Nope. It’s really this simple.

Β 

Democrats are institutionalists who care more about civility and preservation of norms than actually governing.

Β 

Democrats want nothing more than to give aid to Ukraine.

Β 

By allowing the Republicans to fall into disarray, they’ve assisted Matt Gaetz’s efforts to erode their beloved institutions and jeopardized the continuous flow of aid to a country that they blatantly show more care and concern about more than their own.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Speaking of Ukraine funding @ClashAndBurn

Β 

Apparently pointing this obvious fact out makes me a Russian shill, but whatever. I hope that while the Ukraine Flag Emoji Caucus celebrate an anti-Russia Warhawk getting ousted that they’re prepared for what comes next when a MAGA speaker is elected in his place.

33 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Nope. It’s really this simple.

Β 

Democrats are institutionalists who care more about civility and preservation of norms than actually governing.

Β 

Democrats want nothing more than to give aid to Ukraine.

Β 

By allowing the Republicans to fall into disarray, they’ve assisted Matt Gaetz’s efforts to erode their beloved institutions and jeopardized the continuous flow of aid to a country that they blatantly show more care and concern about more than their own.

To be fair: it’s not democrats job to help out republicans when republicans are the majority party in the house.Β 
Β 

But like I said: I’m not that concerned with Ukraine funding because I think the focus needs to shift to domestic issues. I hope they win, but we’ve already given them $150 billion. It specifically became an issue when they started paying people’s pensions and small businessesΒ 

Lengthy, good thread (imho) explaining how Dems were done bailing Kevin out :coffee2:Β 

Β 

Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.