Is Too Much Skincare A Turn Off?

BletaRexher

why are people misinterpreting the OP? 

having a skin care routine =/= having an unnecessary amount of skin care routine. 

Personally, men with overtly shiny skin, or even overtly defined eyebrows / facial hair etc are usually less attractive to me. I like a man that is confident about aging and is not overtly self conscious about how he looks. sue me I guess. That doesn’t mean I want dirty men. its either this or that with yall. :rip:

• Like 2

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GraceRandolph

• Delirious

• Cain

• Leptine

8 hours ago, Darius said:

I feel like the skincare industry is all a scam. I get so many compliments on my skin/"drop the routine!!" and all I do is apply lotion + sunscreen???

Sunscreen is one of the most essential things you can do to stop sun damage 

• Like 2

I'd rather a guy have a skincare routine than have dry and chapped skin, whether it's "too much" or not. The only way it's a turnoff is if it's a problem if I use just a tiny bit. :ryan3:

• Haha 1

People who know how to take care of themselves>>> periodt

• Like 3

atrl user sits at his vanity. "ugh i hate men with feminine interests" he says as he clicks 'submit reply' on a thread about whether lady gaga or katy perry is the bigger icon. 

• Haha 11

:ahh:

Enjoy dating someone that looks old and has bad skin I guess.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:20 AM, Darius said:

I feel like the skincare industry is all a scam. I get so many compliments on my skin/"drop the routine!!" and all I do is apply lotion + sunscreen???

Some people aren't as blessed as you babes. Some people have problematic skin. :skull: 

• Thanks 1

Its a turn off in a sense that none of that sh works except suncreen and retinoid and retinoids are bad for you long term. Unless you have medical condition skincare is waste of money and time

Nah not at all. I’m into pretty boys. The gym guys may have better bodies but their faces tend to look crusty. 

No, it's actually a turn on.

Someone who takes the time to take good care of their skin, invest in good products and great hygene, not everybody has that :clap3:

How does someone’s hygiene/self care routine have any effect on you or indicate femininity? :toofunny3:

OT: No, quite the opposite actually. I love a man who takes care of himself.

Skincare is essential if you don't want to look like a chewed up leather boot by your 30s

It also doesn't require 100 steps. Just use a cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Add rosewater toner and a vitamin c serum if you want to get really nice skin. Either way, it's easy and worth it.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:42 AM, teresaguidice said:

atrl user sits at his vanity. "ugh i hate men with feminine interests" he says as he clicks 'submit reply' on a thread about whether lady gaga or katy perry is the bigger icon. 

:deadbanana4:

I feel you and I agree! I do wish I didn’t have to bring my stuff or worry about not having x y z if I were to stay over at his

Skincare being a huge scam for most of what the industry sells.... I would just think the person is clueless or narcissist.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 10:42 AM, GraceRandolph said:

This is a dermatologist on YouTube who frequently has wet looking skin:

spacer.png

I've definitely seen skincare obsessed people look wet like this irl or online.

Omg :skull: leave Dr Dray alone! I've only seen her with super dewy skin when she's at home

I like Dr. Dray. She’s pretty much into no fuss skincare (cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen and retinol). And even then her only real big skincare tip is just use sunscreen everyday and be smart about your sun habits. 

This is progress because straight men smell like absolute s**t, with those guys hopping on the apps gays are starting to find this out

On 10/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, bjorn said:

Step 1. Water based cleanser 

Step 2. Oil based cleanser 

Step 3. Toner

Step 4. Essence 

Step 5. Serums

Step 6. Masks

Step 7. Red Light Therapy

Step 8. Facial massage tools

Step 9. Eye patches 

Step 10. Retinol

Step 11. Vitamin C 

Step 12. La Mer Creme 

Am I Masc enough? :cm:

Not the Nivea + seaweed in here, like Cassandra Bankson would say :lmao:

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2023 at 7:30 AM, zach said:

Some people aren't as blessed as you babes. Some people have problematic skin. :skull: 

I'd rather date someone with bad skin than someone who needs all this...

is a man wiping his ass a turn off? i dont know i just prefer the masculine musky smell

• Haha 1

On 10/27/2023 at 7:31 AM, Ghiles said:

Omg :skull: leave Dr Dray alone! I've only seen her with super dewy skin when she's at home

Dr Dray is actually amazing. her reviews are always SO accurate and since she is a certified dermatologist her recommendations are very good.

4 hours ago, Joyride said:

Dr Dray is actually amazing. her reviews are always SO accurate and since she is a certified dermatologist her recommendations are very good.

Besides her expertise and knowledge, she's a sweetheart and has a crazy side that I love. "Are you using soap on your arms and legs?! STAAAHHHHP" lives rent free in my head 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.