Songs that missed Billboard top 20 but feel like number 1 hits

DonnaSpring

1 hour ago, Mystic Boy said:

The Britney land lies at it again :toofunny3:

These were never huge especially Slave :rip:

Thank god we have the chartruns :redface:

I can give you MATM, sure. But you’re insane if you don’t think I’m a Slave 4 U didn’t gain massive cultural appeal despite it’s chart run, especially after it’s performances. Charts don’t always reflect a song’s impact and popularity. That’s kinda the point of this thread. 

well at least it was #1 in France

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digitalism said:

You must be American
Here in latam some of those songs are still played in the clubs sometimes and random girls know the choreo 

The same goes for dirty 

They were never huge.

IS4U was a big underperformance at the time :rip:And im in France by the way.

MATM did good but was far from the huge hit your delulu friend is talking about.

• Thumbs Down 3

2 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I can give you MATM, sure. But you’re insane if you don’t think I’m a Slave 4 U didn’t gain massive cultural appeal despite it’s chart run, especially after it’s performances. Charts don’t always reflect a song’s impact and popularity. That’s kinda the point of this thread. 

Slave gained popularity with time BUT it was never huge during its prime run like it's stated here, stop re-writing history please :deadbanana:

• Thumbs Down 1

The fact that the song has 1B+ streams but didn't enter the charts :skull: (it chared at #17 in Australia 5 years later though)

• Like 1

Peaked at #44 in 1989, yet has more sales in the streaming/digital era than supposed #4 hit Chained To The Rhythm by Katy Perry for example

• Like 1

Peaked at #36, is eligible for Diamond

20 hours ago, Armani? said:

The fact this almost missed the Top 20 its original chartrun:bibliahh:Now it's the most streamed song of the 60s

Similarly this version never charted anywhere but certified Gold in the UK for sales since 2004 alone. Yet the original by 5th Dimension and Marvin & Tammi's cover were modest hits at the time, yet the GP only knows Marlena's iconic version.

No Doubt - Don't Speak

• Like 2

honestly Run The World

Beyonce was also everywhere promote that song and its such a big bop, im always surprise why the hell it peaked at #26

On 10/1/2023 at 7:57 AM, TayDuaStan said:

The fact that Physical peaked at #60… :gaycat7:

Where it feels like a #1? :rip:

On 10/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, MALAMENTE said:

Peaked at #22, charted for 38 weeks. 700M streams on Spotify, sold 3M pure copies in the US, Top 10 on pop radio, 5x Platinum RIAA certification, has been used on viral tiktok trends like 5 times already

I CAN'T AT THE POP PERFECTION THAT THIS SONG IS... IT'S LIKE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH JUST PERFECT :jonnycat::jonny5:

Black Eyed Peas "Let's Get It Started"

Imagine selling 3 million downloads before the digital era - insane 

It would've been a #1 if sales were included 

lovely (Billie & Khalid)

Hymn for the Weeknd (Coldplay)

Yellow (Coldplay)

Fix You (Coldplay)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.