RENAISSANCE: A Film By Beyoncé | Out NOW | Global box office: $42.5M

Feanor

4 hours ago, NausAllien said:

The AUDACITY of Giselle to be charging more for this film than even the most expensive blockbusters.

As someone who KNOWS the way Beyoncé edits and directs these concerts films/documentaries, I can promise you it's not worth it. You can find the entire concert in 4K on YouTube with great audio. The behind the scenes would be the same thing she's done for her previous behind the scenes, so you won't see anything new. It's really not worth it.

Girl the tickets could be free...and you would still find something to cry about. Go use an HDMI chord to get  connect your tv and watch the 4K video. Leave us alone

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Shelter

• bijonse

• sillycilla

OF COURSE Beyonce ($28) & Taylor($26) were going to charge a premium... who honestly didnt see that coming??? 

Some fans got HBO subscriptions just to watch Lemonade for crying out loud. Motha's always been a premium girl.

traditionally after taxes my IMAX/Dolby tickets usually come out to about $27 anyways... I live in Maryland and I normally go at night.

Edited by NEUTRON

Her fans just paid a minimum $300 for tickets, I’m sure $28 isn’t going to break their bank. :gaycat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Renaissance MTC1 

Previews - 67900/286431 1726554.00 1389 shows

Friday - 46806/629087 1198846.00 2968 shows

Good finish to opening day presales. Raw $ while this has to be the 2nd biggest OD presales for thursday previews this year after Eras. In ticket numbers it has to be 4th biggest after Eras, Quantumania and just behind Guardians 3. Considering tiny show count its very impressive indeed. in NYC Imax tickets goes for for 30 bucks while Dolby is at 32 bucks a pop !!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NausAllien said:

I just know this is not going to do well with the GP.

it’s a ******* concert film from a pop star nobody cares about the damn GP this is for the fans only 

like what’s not clicking :rip:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

it’s a ******* concert film from a pop star nobody cares about the damn GP this is for the fans only 

like what’s not clicking :rip:

That user only cares what the public thinks about things and can’t form their own opinions clearly. Sad! I won’t be worrying about her box office gross while I’m sat in the cinema. :giraffe:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Did Beyonce re-record her albums or are we missing something? 

flavor-of-love-new-york.gif

Using this dumb logic the swifties are using to call beyonce a copycat taylors new contract where she has the masters to her music is a copy of every contract where an artist has the masters to their music. Its illogical sense to try and drag somebody and call them a copycat for negotiating/being offered/whatever happened a better contract

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Doogle said:

That user only cares what the public thinks about things and can’t form their own opinions clearly. Sad! I won’t be worrying about her box office gross while I’m sat in the cinema. :giraffe:

mte ! who gives a **** what some hicks and 50 year old soccer moms think about this :deadbanana2:

19 hours ago, swissman said:

Stans buy $60 t-shirts or multiple editions of the SAME album, but a $28 movie ticket for a once-in-a-lifetime experience is too much?

how is it once in a lifetime if its a recording that will most certainly make its way onto the web, be it a recording from the theater or a streaming release, which will be viewable whenever? :deadbanana4:

I don’t understand how the visuals will be included??

1 hour ago, bijonse said:

Using this dumb logic the swifties are using to call beyonce a copycat taylors new contract where she has the masters to her music is a copy of every contract where an artist has the masters to their music. Its illogical sense to try and drag somebody and call them a copycat for negotiating/being offered/whatever happened a better contract

spacer.png

Taylor has no contract about her masters, she is just re-recording her albums which is totally different than how Beyonce owned her albums. 

1 hour ago, #Beautiful said:

how is it once in a lifetime if its a recording that will most certainly make its way onto the web, be it a recording from the theater or a streaming release, which will be viewable whenever? :deadbanana4:

Nothing you described sounds like it would be the same as seeing the film in theatres with great audio, good visuals, alongside fellow fans, many of whom probably attended the concert and will impart a special energy to the evening, all of whom probably are going to give a certain energy that you cannot get at home and during the limited time of its release.

She could make the film available for purchase the day it leaves AMC and still the experience of seeing it there would not be the same as watching yourself. And what sets itself apart from typical releases, is that the likelihood of it coming back to theatres is rare, whereas certain cinemas' entire job is to play movies that have already come to theatres. It also is a rather rare event, it's not every week a Beyoncé film is in theatres.

What you described: watching a shaky cam video, or finding a bootleg, is DEFINITELY not the same experience. If you think it is don't pay the money and just watch it from someone's phone, but that is emphatically not the same as seeing it in theatres.

Edited by swissman

1 hour ago, #Beautiful said:

Isn't that the case for every movie? Yet people who cherish the director, who adore movies, still go in theaters to have an unbelievable experience. 

For most stans, witnessing this tour will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and that's who she is targeting with this. 

• Like 1

Don't care about the price since my movie membership made it out to only be $8 :foxaylove3:glad she's doing this since I wasn't able to attend the tour 

Is is this getting an international release?

Also, is it just concert highlights interwined with BTS documentary or the full show?

27 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Isn't that the case for every movie? Yet people who cherish the director, who adore movies, still go in theaters to have an unbelievable experience. 

For most stans, witnessing this tour will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience and that's who she is targeting with this. 

i went to the show opening night and if they'll screen this in europe i'll be attending, no need to explain how adoration and support works to me. i was questioning that user's statement because i felt they were doing too much

1 hour ago, swissman said:

Nothing you described sounds like it would be the same as seeing the film in theatres with great audio, good visuals, alongside fellow fans, many of whom probably attended the concert and will impart a special energy to the evening, all of whom probably are going to give a certain energy that you cannot get at home and during the limited time of its release.

She could make the film available for purchase the day it leaves AMC and still the experience of seeing it there would not be the same as watching yourself. And what sets itself apart from typical releases, is that the likelihood of it coming back to theatres is rare, whereas certain cinemas' entire job is to play movies that have already come to theatres. It also is a rather rare event, it's not every week a Beyoncé film is in theatres.

What you described: watching a shaky cam video, or finding a bootleg, is DEFINITELY not the same experience. If you think it is don't pay the money and just watch it from someone's phone, but that is emphatically not the same as seeing it in theatres.

and nothing you've described is a "once in a life time experience" so :ahh: its whatever but chile

1 minute ago, #Beautiful said:

i went to the show opening night and if they'll screen this in europe i'll be attending, no need to explain how adoration and support works to me. i was questioning that user's statement because i felt they were doing too much

I wasn't explaining the concept of adoration but I felt like his point of view was valid and wanted to add my two cents. 

Yes, I hope it will come to Europe soon. I want to see it. 

34 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

and nothing you've described is a "once in a life time experience" so :ahh: its whatever but chile

Disregarding how "once-in-a-lifetime" is slightly hyperbolic, do you expect the film to come back to theatres anytime soon? If it did, would it have the same energy as fans going to see it ~2 months after the tour ended, still fresh in audiences' mind, reliving an experience together, cheering, singing, applauding, MUTING? All these things make the experience singular. Even if it's re-released in ten years, it won't be like having seen the film DURING its initial run, DURING the Renaissance era.

I'm not sure why it bothers you so much that I've said it is a "once-in-a-life-time experience" but you've yet to prove with any meaningful theory how it is the opposite: a commonplace, average, accessible experience.

Edited by swissman

I mean, it's the closest one can get to the show now that the tour is over, professionally curated with footage of several of the tour dates and behind the scenes stuff. It's the closest to "once in a lifetime" post tour indeed.

Edited by Popboi.

3 hours ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Taylor has no contract about her masters, she is just re-recording her albums which is totally different than how Beyonce owned her albums. 

So she still doesn’t have the masters to the new ones either? 

spacer.png

On 10/2/2023 at 2:31 PM, NausAllien said:

It looks like "I Am... World Tour" Part II. Your typical Beyoncé concert film (post "I Am... Yours"). I kinda hate the way she edits her concerts, she removes or shorten songs, the camera angles aren't always the best, she splits footage from multiple dates in a very weird way.

I don't know... That trailer didn't make me super excited to be honest.

So much this. I wanna go back to her just doing normal concert footage (like Beyoncé: Live in WembleyThe Beyoncé Experience and 4: Live at Roseland). This random aspect ratio and filter crap is so overdone and adds nothing.

• Like 1

OMG what if it's:

• Act 1: Renaissance
  • Act 2: Rebirth
  • Act 3 : Echoville (or whatever the title ends up being for the music videos)

:clap3:

Edited by L0verb0y

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.