RENAISSANCE: A Film By Beyoncé | Out NOW | Global box office: $42.5M

Feanor

28 dollars?? :deadvision:

Good for Bey for getting her coin, but that alongside the fact that the closest AMC is like an hour away, Imma pass. :lakitu:

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Shelter

• bijonse

• sillycilla

Bought tickets for AMC Imax Thursday 11/30 before everyone spoil it online on the 1st lol. 

Just now, EnigmaticAndroid said:

28 dollars?? :deadvision:

Good for Bey for getting her coin, but that alongside the fact that the closest AMC is like an hour away, Imma pass. :lakitu:

I saw links for other venues like Regal and Cinemark 

https://www.cinemark.com/movies/renaissance-a-film-by-beyonce

https://www.regmovies.com/movies/renaissance-a-film-by-beyonce/ho00015245#/ 

2 hours ago, kimberly said:

why did I read that a Roblox :deadbanana4:

So cute.

It just reminded me how bad the AS mix is, the best part of the song ruined. I had to stop there lol. 

--------

Can't wait to see the show in theaters. 

2 hours ago, swissman said:

A regular ticket is like $18...an IMAX is $26... this isn't that crazy.

Which theater are you going too? Because i have never seen a movie or (film) as you put out as 26$. 

Standard is 11$ before 2pm & 14 after.

For IMAX it’s 18/20$ tops never higher than that. Chile don’t lie for Bey :rip:

• Like 1

The AUDACITY of Giselle to be charging more for this film than even the most expensive blockbusters.

As someone who KNOWS the way Beyoncé edits and directs these concerts films/documentaries, I can promise you it's not worth it. You can find the entire concert in 4K on YouTube with great audio. The behind the scenes would be the same thing she's done for her previous behind the scenes, so you won't see anything new. It's really not worth it.

• Thumbs Down 6

9 minutes ago, Power love said:

Which theater are you going too? Because i have never seen a movie or (film) as you put out as 26$. 

it depends entirely on your location, so this is a moot point.

I just checked, a regular digital screening of Barbie is $17+fees at my nearest AMC, comes up to over $19. and this is not even IMAX :rip:

but minimum wage in California is $15.50 and in this area in particular minimum wage is over $18/hour. so yeah.

9 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

The AUDACITY of Giselle to be charging more for this film than even the most expensive blockbusters.

Are blockbusters more expensive than smaller movies in the US? Because where I live tickets prices for movies only depend on the venue/type of screening never on the content itself.

Edited by Axelios

2 hours ago, VerdantHue said:

The album runtime is 1 hr 2 min, so it's possible the visuals are included if the film is 2+ hrs.

The tour itself is over 2 hrs long 

14 minutes ago, abc1990 said:

The tour itself is over 2 hrs long 

That's right, I didn't factor that in. It's probably just the full live concert then.

I could see this getting $45-60M opening. Very strong.

Seems like early presales are at about 31% of The Eras in the same timeframe. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Power love said:

I picked a random AMC theatre in NYC, selected what seemed like a new movie and looked at the IMAX price. There's no lie. Different regions or theatres may have different prices, but to act like $28 is some exorbitant price... for a limited-release special event concert film is a bit ridiculous.

Even by your estimation, this film is $8 more than the top price you've seen for IMAX. That's not really some big, expensive amount.

44 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Are blockbusters more expensive than smaller movies in the US? Because where I live tickets prices for movies only depend on the venue/type of screening never on the content itself.

I was referring to how much it cost to make those blockbusters, not ticket prices. Even Blockbusters with 200-300M budgets don't charge more than the normal fee. But Giselle is charging an exorbitant amount for something that was probably really cheap to produce (considering the cost of the concert itself is already covered).

3 minutes ago, swissman said:

That's not really some big, expensive amount.

It is in terms of value for money. If previous concert films by Bey are anything to go by, you aren't getting that much, or at least not enough to justify an almost 50% price hike. But I guess it's up to each person to decide if it's worth their money. I just know this is not going to do well with the GP.

17 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

It is in terms of value for money. If previous concert films by Bey are anything to go by, you aren't getting that much, or at least not enough to justify an almost 50% price hike. But I guess it's up to each person to decide if it's worth their money. I just know this is not going to do well with the GP.

Beyoncé's last concert film currently has a score of 93 on Meteoritic, and a 98% critical score; 87% audience score on Rotten Tomatoes. I am not sure what you mean by "you aren't getting that much" considering she is not only the premiere performer of her generation (and seemingly the next), but has time and time again proven she can make a good film. Perhaps you don't enjoy them, but then you're not the demographic being asked to spend $28 dollars for a ticket, are you? And I don't think it's the GP who is being asked to buy them as well, considering she's not really catered much at all to them this era or on this tour.

• Like 1

$28 is expensive... but who cares. Quality isn't cheap!!! 

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, period sis said:

well that's the other thing, people fail to realize that Beyoncé has been shifting her career since 2013 to be less of a commercially available pop-star, and more a luxury music product. We see it in how she has reduced her access and how she releases and mirrors the hands-off, iykyk, and at times exclusive approach that so many luxury brands take, as well as the increase in overall quality (ST, Lemonade, Homecoming, Black is King...RENAISSANCE) and then of course the price which is higher than the market average. For example, ST upon release was $17.99 for for the digital version. A normal digital album at the time was what, $9.99? And this difference is basically the difference between a regular movie and this film's ticket price.

either way, I don't find $28 to be expensive for an event of this nature, at least not enough that it needs to be lamented. There's so many things people (and fans) spend their money on that they don't need that costs more than $28 and will probably make less of an impact on them than this event, but a special concert event ticket is where they draw the line? It's clear people just want something negative to say.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, period sis said:

PERIOD. 

3 hours ago, NausAllien said:

As someone who KNOWS the way Beyoncé edits and directs these concerts films/documentaries, I can promise you it's not worth it. You can find the entire concert in 4K on YouTube with great audio. The behind the scenes would be the same thing she's done for her previous behind the scenes, so you won't see anything new. It's really not worth it.

Your broke ass isn’t going to see the film, why do you care :rip: take your fake outrage somewhere else 

• Haha 13
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, BNF91 said:

I could see this getting $45-60M opening. Very strong.

Seems like early presales are at about 31% of The Eras in the same timeframe. 

:WAP:

Ticket secured! Can’t wait to watch this while eating popcorn out of my Renaissance popcorn holder!

Also, I need you guys to be real about the ticket prices… to us stans, $28 is nothing, but telling people in the real world you bought a single movie ticket for $28 sounds…. :ducky:

4 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Go watch your YouTube then sis, the ones going will enjoy their night out :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.