Is it sexual assault when someone knowingly passes an STI?

Space Cowboy

If someone with a transmissible STI knowingly has sex and infects other people without disclosing their status beforehand, do you consider it sexual assault? Or just a dick move?

Yes it’s assault while having sex. If the disease is something that can cause fatal bodily harm - it can be charged as attempted murder. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't call it an assault per se but it is most definitely a crime and, since sexual assault is also a crime I can see reasonable framing of it; however assault usually relies on a lack of consent, no?

Not an assault, but definitely a crime. Knowingly infecting others with HIV is a crime. This should be too, no?

I consider it assault as it’s consent under a false pretense/deception which is not true consent.

• Like 5

Don't go into the dark web reading about people 

Spoiler

Slicing their buttholes for a fissure and then going to bb sex parties infecting people on purpose

I guess I was naive before but it was quite shocking to me when  I found out a lot of tops and bottoms are secretly into bug chasing - infecting others or wanting to be infected.

Every time you have bareback sex with a stranger you might as well be giving consent to get an STD because its gonna happen at some point unfortunately. 

I believe it's assault in certain jurisdictions yes. Here in the UK they a) have to know they have the disease and b) have to actively want to infect the other person. The second point can be tricky to prove. Like say someone with an STI had sex with a condom, that probably wouldn't be considered assault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bacardo Royale said:

I guess I was naive before but it was quite shocking to me when  I found out a lot of tops and bottoms are secretly into bug chasing - infecting others or wanting to be infected.

I knew this was a thing, but it’s still so disturbing to me. Sick and twisted. 

4 hours ago, Lana Banana said:

Don't go into the dark web reading about people 

Reveal hidden contents

Slicing their buttholes for a fissure and then going to bb sex parties infecting people on purpose

I’m pretty sure most people who attend those bb parties have some form of bugchasing kink anyway. You can’t not know the risks 

8 hours ago, Phantom said:

I wouldn't call it an assault per se but it is most definitely a crime and, since sexual assault is also a crime I can see reasonable framing of it; however assault usually relies on a lack of consent, no?

Yes and a person cannot give informed consent if they are not aware that the other person has an sti that they are knowingly witholding. 

Wtf of course :rip: You are knowingly infecting someone with a disease that can be really health or even life threatening. That's why i need to see them tests beforehand chile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.