Taylor & Travis Megathread | Travis to reunite with Taylor in Australia

Feanor

Also, not them saying she loves communism when she's literally the epitome of a capitalist.

• Haha 5

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Johnson

• PoisonedIvy

• Espresso

• Tusk

Yes, please piss her off so she will actually do some political campaigning as opposed to the milquetoast "make sure you register" bullshit. I do not think they understand the hornet's nest they are swatting at...

• Like 1

"Taylor Swift loves communism." 

We can only dream. :chick3:

• Like 2

I sincerely hope this puts the 'Taylor is secretly a Trump supporter' rumors to rest on this website :gaycat4:

1 hour ago, DougAF said:

spacer.png

The way he thought he made points in that article, but really the only point he has probably ever made in his life is that widows peak on his head. :rip:

Oh that hairline looks like his ex-wife went to town with a lawn mower while he was asleep :deadbanana4:

Maybe instead of worrying so much about Taylor's failings as an American not firmly lodged up Trump's ass, he could figure out the logistics of booking a trip to Istanbul for a set of hair implants :gaycat4:

• Haha 2

To drag this back to the Beatles, think about “Eleanor Rigby.” It’s incredibly sophisticated. There are counter melodies, staccato strings, and it’s notable for its repeated use of “plagal cadences” where the IV chord resolves to the I, or root chord in the key. Musically, this particular songwriting move is most closely identified with hymnody — it’s also known as the “Amen Cadence” — a remarkable move for a song about church life, and one McCartney probably did instinctually.  

Which brings us to the lyrics. McCartney is putting himself in the shoes of others and trying to empathize with their loneliness: “Eleanor Rigby/Picks up the rice in the church where a wedding has been/Lives in a dream/Waits at the window, wearing the face that she keeps in a jar by the door/Who is it for?” Listening to the song, you can just imagine him as the 15-year-old choirboy at St. Peter’s in Liverpool closely observing the characters in the church around him. It’s a series of concise but unforgettable vignettes about people that listeners such as myself, half a world away, would otherwise have no connection or insight into. 

And it’s not just that this is all a thousand times more sophisticated than anything Swift has ever done. Yes, it is that, but more importantly, it is just two minutes and six seconds long and STILL ONE OF THE CATCHIEST POP SONGS IN HISTORY.

Did I mention McCartney was 23 years old when he wrote this, and multitrack recording was in its infancy? 

some points were made here taylor bashing aside 

what a classic 

his rant was bunch of nothing and gave off sweaty ogh style anger 

ps this was the person who actually wrote the article :fan:

https://twitter.com/heminator

Of course it’s some ugly ass saltine. 

This woman could sell world peace if she wanted to  :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Sannie said:

Yes, please piss her off so she will actually do some political campaigning as opposed to the milquetoast "make sure you register" bullshit. I do not think they understand the hornet's nest they are swatting at...

Her make sure you register has more impact than anyone else or any celebrity 

Whenever she posts record amount of people registered to vote. Can't be said for anyone else

You just know that in roughly 40-50 years people will be writing essays on how [future MPG]'s popularity proves that humanity is doomed, and their music is utter dogshit that doesn't hold a candle to such masterpieces like Cardigan or All Too Well. Rinse and repeat.

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:33 AM, SpeakNowTv said:

yall talking about "she's so lucky" but i say HE's so lucky

Spill!

As a gay I'm saying he's so lucky in this case :coffee2:

I don’t find him that cute but he seems nice 

why does it feel like she’s bigger than ever lately though :deadbanana:

Taylor Swift loves communism.

:deadbanana2:

these weirdos throw the word "communism" around while having absolutely NO idea what it means, huh?

• Like 1

Also I have to scream at this Republican saying Taylor swift loves and promotes communism, the irony when she is literally the queen of capitalism! Do republicans know what words they throw around?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, réveuse said:

Sounds like they’re the reason why for the societal decline. These people need to touch some grass

I'm still convinced that Nick Adams account is an AI :skull: it's just the most boring contrived right wing rants, it's either that or a parody 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.