DTF

Which one  

139 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Tension
    • Caution
    • Madame X
    • Abstain

From their era of music, these three pop titans are the last ones standing nowadays, each with a career spanning over 30 years in at least four distinct decades. Kylie and Madonna have long been compared to each other, Madonna and Mariah were respectful of each other, and Tension and Caution rhyme. 

Whose latest album will stand the test of time for its artistry and impact: the Australian Madonna, the American Kylie, or the Songbird Supreme?

Edited by DTF

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joyride

• GlamSlam

• My Tears Ricochet

• LikeATattoo

Caution eats both with EASE.

Tension is a run of the mill faceless 2023 dance pop album with some cute moments... and some far less succesful tracks too.

Madame X is terrible.

• Like 1

The gays would never choose a project like Madame X come on now :rip:

• Thanks 1

I truly do not understand the dislike for Madame X. It is full of rich influences and is the most sonically interesting album with heavy themes and commentary  that she has ever put out, second only to maybe American Life. It destroys the other albums, which are all from artists who I generally listen to way more than Madonna.

Madame X > Caution > Tension

Tension is an album I will realistically listen to way more frequently overall compared to Madame X and Caution, but as a body of work it is just a collection of easily consumable dance songs, so when compared to albums that have true substance to them, with themes, tones, and lyrical depth and messages other than getting you to dance, I don't think they are comparable in that regard and those are how I tend to view rankings.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Madame X was the first Madonna album I gave a listen and I've never bothered listening to her other stuff again. It was that awful :skull:

Caution had A no no & 8th grade and Tension has HOTN & Vegas high. So I guess it's a tie

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Madame X was the first Madonna album I gave a listen and I've never bothered listening to her other stuff again. It was that awful :skull:

Caution had A no no & 8th grade and Tension has HOTN & Vegas high. So I guess it's a tie

Caution has its title track too, and also The Distance and GTFO :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Joyride said:

Caution has its title track too, and also The Distance and GTFO :jonny5:

Oh I forgot about these two holy bops(Not a fan of the title track though):jonny5:

Caution wins

41 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

The gays would never choose a project like Madame X come on now :rip:

Yeah, exactly...and how disrespectful to refer to Madonna as "the American Kylie" :rip:

• Like 2

Caution is a masterpiece by a true legendary vocalist and musician, kinda insulting to compare to the rest in terms of artistic integrity. 

• Like 2

1. Caution 

2. Tension

3. Madame X (I like some songs though)

Madame X and Caution is such impeccable albums, I know Madame X has around 2 really bad songs but it's Madonna's best album since American Life 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.