• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• Freakshowvato

• Soda Pop Queen

• NausAllien

9 hours ago, NausAllien said:

It was pop rock and tons of ballads. You CANNOT tell me if you think songs like La La Land and Don't Forget are PURE rock songs.

She was a Disney girl. Her first two albums were watered down by Disney, so she couldn't go pure rock even if she wanted to :skull: 

Just check Everything You're Not demo and then compare it to the version that made the cut. Demo version goes completely off and is far more rock and dark than the album version.

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Thumbs Down 1

She is fine, but she is serving nothing that is different or new or original. There are so many ways you can go with rock music, but she kinda stick with the basics

• Like 1

She got the voice but she needs true rock producers if she wanna step in the rock direction, her current rock songs still sound like pop songs mixed with punk, emo pop. She still has a long way to go to be at the level of other rock girls like Lzzy Hale, Maria Brink, Taylor Momsen, Emily Armstrong, Dorothy...

Edited by ToxicKiss92
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

no

holy **** is actually a pop/rock album unlike plastic hearts which is a pop album packaged as a rock one

• Like 1

No it actually feels so genuine to me

And Demi clearly has the voice for it, they're doing something they love with no expectations attached and I love that for them

I think going full on Rock actually suits them. Haven’t they always leaned Pop-Rock anyway?

Their pop productions always sounded kinda forced to me. So this is welcome. 

Edited by Damien M

I really enjoy her pop rock tracks and i think she's handling that sound great :giraffe:but commercialy wise she's been a flop since she started with that
She should go back to R&B if she feels like havin one last big era

she started with electric guitars but I wish she had evolved her sound in the genre though. The new album of covers just sounds like they layered more guitars, re-recorded vocals and called it a day. I always thought that when she returned to the Rock genre, she would be doing something different, like more metal or indie or alternative. Something that wasn't at all reminiscent of when she was a teenager. Holy **** was okay but it was mainly pop punk music but let's make it edgier. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen

2 hours ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

she started with electric guitars but I wish she had evolved her sound in the genre though. The new album of covers just sounds like they layered more guitars, re-recorded vocals and called it a day. I always thought that when she returned to the Rock genre, she would be doing something different, like more metal or indie or alternative. Something that wasn't at all reminiscent of when she was a teenager. Holy **** was okay but it was mainly pop punk music but let's make it edgier. She didn't even write on the album. 

She’s a co writer on the entire album sis :skull: 

If anything the rock era feels the most authentic, she’s already said her music is always changing, she’s not ruled out coming back to pop/rnb either, she’s just enjoying releasing rock music right now, so how does that not sound authentic? 

Some of yall may be okay with your faves discography not showing any artistic growth or versatility but I’m glad my fave’s last 3 albums (HF, DWTD, TMYLM)  have all dabbled into different genres to spice it up a bit. 

53 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

She’s a co writer on the entire album sis :skull: 

Oh, I just checked again on her wiki and misread. 

Forced? No it sounds more natural than ever.

Rock Demi sounds more effortless than any genre Demi has done prior, sans pop. R&B always felt a little bit forced although at times it worked VERY well (TMYLM for example). Pop Demi always sounded effortless because it had a bit of a pop rock edge to it.

Rock Demi is truly authentic and HOLYFVCK is one of her best albums by far. REVAMPED is just a remix/greatest hits record and not truly indicative of the creative original work Demi can pursue in rock.

Rock SIMPLY suits Demi's personality and voice perfectly. And people saying HF is not true rock have not heard the album. It wasn't even a pop punk album, some of those songs went straight into heavy Southern rock and even metal pop.

However I do see Demi going more pop rock in the future, rather than rock.

10 hours ago, PrettyHurts said:

Her voice is best suited for Pop Rock, which is why Disney had her singing those songs to begin with, so no. 

Demi wrote those songs too... she's always been an avid fan/listener of the rock and even metal genre.

On 9/22/2023 at 4:57 PM, ariesgroove said:

i mean she came out doing pop punk/rock inspired pop music so not really

True, but wasn't everyone who came through the Disney machine (e.g., Demi, Selena, Miley, Hillary Duff) doing pop punk/rock at some point? They were trying to capitalize on the punk movement to try to capture whatever success Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson were having at the time. Also, knowing what we know about Disney and how controlling they are, they would not have let Demi choose the artistic/sonic direction of her music projects.

OT: Yes it's forced. Tell Me You Love Me sounded like her most authentic, genuine album (which is why it's her best).

only the gays think Taylor Momsen was taken seriously by rock fans :rip:

Its gross, but most of those old rock dudes just wanted to see her naked(since that was her whole shtick for a while).

I don't even like Demi but how is it forced coming from her and not momsen? she was the definition of a poser to most that was pushed hard to be taken seriously, there's no way you can call one "forced" and not the other 

It all reminds of how BAD her team is :rip: she must have the worst marketing of all the popstars of her generation. They just didn't knew how to rebrand her name to make people feel that her rock sound is authentic. It looks like they just told her to wear black clothes and dark makeup and say things like ''i hate my pop music'' and that's it. She just dropped a song with Luisa Sonza who has one of the best marketing teams of Brazil, she should just take notes with her :ace:

Her revamped GH felt like added random youtube'd royalty-free pop-rock instrumental to her music and that was it. No nuance or creativity behind it.

• Like 1

Nah, Demi had her trinity albums with her last three releases and they were all organic, so I don't think rock was forced. She can just dabble into different genres but the dislike she gets for her music is so unwarranted.

On 9/22/2023 at 11:38 PM, FOCK said:

It’s as “rock” as Avril Lavigne or Olivia pretend they are. 

Generic, palatable and marketable to an angsty tween audience who “aren’t like regular gurls”

Idk of any tweens who like Demi or Avril lol.

But I think Avril is the only MPG who can make the 'rock chick' realistic, until Demi or Olivia.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.