Is Demi’s whole rock schtick forced?

Bentley

?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes rock appropriation
    • No

10 minutes ago, ariananext said:

She was doing rock music on Disney Channel with her first two albums.. how is it forced

It was pop rock and tons of ballads. You CANNOT tell me if you think songs like La La Land and Don't Forget are PURE rock songs.

• Like 3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• Freakshowvato

• Soda Pop Queen

• NausAllien

No. Holy F is arguably her strongest album. Doing “Revamped” after she already released Holy F is a bit ridiculous though. It’s more of a regression than a build to something new. 

Edited by Rotunda

No, I would even say that this evolution is the most natural one of her career. Pop rock really suits her. Though I agree with your point about transforming her old songs in a "rock version". This project felt lazy and unachieved.

Sounds natural for her and her voice fits the genre. I’m not a huge fan of Revamped but was pleasantly surprised by Holy ****. Still prefer her pop sound but great that she’s doing what she wants now

Revamped is just a quick album for the fans and casual listeners who like her hits and are interested in rock. It was never meant to be the quintessence of rock music.

I'm confused as to why people expect Revamped to be some kind of groundbreaking rock record when reality is she has already moved on from it and it's just a compilation of old songs for her long-time fans. 

If you want to see Demi singing great and interesting rock, listen to Holy ****, not Revamped. 

And no, it doesn't feel forced at all. Y'all were saying her pop girl image and her sexy image were forced back in the day, now that she's back to her roots she's also forcing things according to you. Looks like she can never win with y'all. Maybe the problem it's you, not her. 

She's just doing what she wants. She doesn't even care about success. What is she forcing exactly? 

Edited by thatsmydemi
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

The only thing that is forced is the hate she is getting from some baguettes here , other than that she eats all your favs up in EVERY genre she did , so here is the tea

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Revamped is just a quick album for the fans and casual listeners who like her hits and are interested in rock. It was never meant to be the quintessence of rock music.

I'm confused as to why people expect Revamped to be some kind of groundbreaking rock record when reality is she has already moved on from it and it's just a compilation of old songs for her long-time fans. 

If you want to see Demi singing great and interesting rock, listen to Holy ****, not Revamped. 

And no, it doesn't feel forced at all. Y'all were saying her pop girl image and her sexy image were forced back in the day, now that she's back to her roots she's also forcing things according to you. Looks like she can never win with y'all. Maybe the problem it's you, not her. 

She's just doing what she wants. She doesn't even care about success. What is she forcing exactly? 

She will always make them **** mad as she should 

21 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

And no, it doesn't feel forced at all. Y'all were saying her pop girl image and her sexy image were forced back in the day, now that she's back to her roots she's also forcing things according to you.

This. ATRL doing the most as always

46 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

And no, it doesn't feel forced at all. Y'all were saying her pop girl image and her sexy image were forced back in the day, now that she's back to her roots she's also forcing things according to you.

:clap3:

4 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

she'll never be taken seriously as a rock star because she was a Disney chanel girl (even a Barney girl back in the day) lol....

That’s not true, look at Taylor Momsen. Child Star, The Grinch, Gossip Girl and still managed.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't think so. Listening to her first two albums again made me think her voice really suits rock music, kinda glad she came back to it cuz she's talented at it.

As someone who never really payed attention to Demi at all previously, the Revamped songs actually made me like some of those tracks for the first time. Her VMA performance was also fantastic and she looked happy. There is weird energy in this thread :rip:  

• Like 3

she started her music career with rock music :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, Blue. said:

That’s not true, look at Taylor Momsen. Child Star, The Grinch, Gossip Girl and still managed.

Taylor Momsen does not get enough flowers, even from myself 

Edited by Vixen Eyes

It’s as “rock” as Avril Lavigne or Olivia pretend they are. 

Generic, palatable and marketable to an angsty tween audience who “aren’t like regular gurls”. 

Her last album actually did a much better job at “taking it there” then these rereleases do. And adding “rock version” after song titles is cringe, saur. 

That said, she is a genuine fan of the genre, so she does have it in her to have done it effectively, but we got tepid pop-rock - which I don’t think warrants or lives up to the rebrand. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

• ATRL Moderator

Painfully so. Even if it's what she wants to be doing, just record some new music! No one asked for Demi's versions.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

No.

Demi's first two albums were pop rock. Don't Forget didn't age well because her sound was mostly Jonas Brothers rock at the time so only four songs are still usable from it. Here We Go Again on the other hand was a MUCH better album, with songs that have held up VERY well. It's aged better than both Unbroken (which only has ballads that are still usable) along with Confident and Tell Me You Love Me. DEMI is the only other album prior to HOLY **** that came close in quality to it. 

HOLY **** deserved success last year but it was still a good album and it will rank in my Top 3 among Demi albums. 

The revamped songs have been pretty subpar in my opinion but oh well. I don't need to listen to them to know Demi is good at rock!

she made her pop songs sound better so no, she's always been a rock chick but her label forced her into doing that pop stuff.  I'm glad she's finally doing what she wanted  and making her big hits more her.

let demi do a taylor and re releasing her stuff as (Demi's version) :gaycat:  don't like it? listen to the og's then, nobody is forcing you. 

She’s always been a pop rock girlie, so if anything, this is her going back to what she’s always liked. 

9 hours ago, BrokenMachine said:

She's just in her 'artistic' era playing with what she can do with her music

And her voice :WAP: 

Her first two albums were pop rock and iirc she's been a fan of rock and metal since her teenage years. It's not forced at all

51 minutes ago, MusicLoverDude said:

Here We Go Again on the other hand was a MUCH better album, with songs that have held up VERY well. It's aged better than both Unbroken (which only has ballads that are still usable) along with Confident and Tell Me You Love Me. DEMI is the only other album prior to HOLY **** that came close in quality to it

All of this is a lie and straight delusional. Hearing aid babe oh my sorry yikes! 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NausAllien said:

It was pop rock and tons of ballads. You CANNOT tell me if you think songs like La La Land and Don't Forget are PURE rock songs.

They're songs a 16 years old that loves rock would make, you would call Until You're Mine, Quiet etc. pop songs?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.