Is Demi’s whole rock schtick forced?

Bentley

?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes rock appropriation
    • No

I mean, all she really did was add some drums to her pop songs and smoke a cigarette before stepping in the vocal booth. 

Is the rock in the room with us? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bentley

• Freakshowvato

• NausAllien

• ariananext

she'll never be taken seriously as a rock star because she was a Disney chanel girl (even a Barney girl back in the day) lol....

Yeah and I kinda hate the way she couldn't just make new "rock" songs. The whole "funeral for my pop music" thing was so annoying because a lot of people enjoyed that music. I wish she'd stuck with the Tell Me You Love Me sound.

Anyway it's whatever because it's not like anyone is listening to it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, glitch said:

Yeah and I kinda hate the way she couldn't just make new "rock" songs. The whole "funeral for my pop music" thing was so annoying because a lot of people enjoyed that music. I wish she'd stuck with the Tell Me You Love Me sound.

Anyway it's whatever because it's not like anyone is listening to it.

Plus the pop versions sound better anyway :skull: 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, whitehotforever said:

everything about her is forced, so yes

x2

• Thumbs Down 1

Cool For The Summer (Rock Version) goes OFF :jonny5:and has been in my playlists for months. Many of the other remakes seem a little phoned-in/generic musically but that one? I can't get enough.  

Not a big fan of the Holy **** songs.

1 minute ago, Maroonx said:

She still sounds pop to me, but with a darker image... IDK

Fish nets and ugly mascara to compliment the “rock” music 😌

• Haha 4

for me 'revamped' songs sound like if she was in a disney movie and her character decided to go "punk" after a heartbreak for example, that's the sound disney would go for. 

it sounds like a satire. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bentley said:

Fish nets and ugly mascara to compliment the “rock” music 😌

or simply not washing the hair (greasy hair) and some ripped black piece of clothing. :eddie:

I feel like that's what most "rock" image rly is hahaha

but honestly even disliking the rock versions i do think her branding is way better since she went rock. and that's good. 

her image with 'revamped' is the best since tmylm 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Selegend said:

for me 'revamped' songs sound like if she was in a disney movie and her character decided to go "punk" after a heartbreak for example, that's the sound disney would go for. 

it sounds like a satire. 

Wait you're right because why is it giving this

• Haha 1

Holy **** was a good album, I keep coming back to tracks like Come Together and Substance :katie2:

But I'm not a big fan of this Revamped era, not saying all the rock versions were bad but just unnecessary... the originals are still better and if I'm being honest, only a few songs deserved to be revamped like this 

However, as someone already said, her image is a lot better now and she also looks happier. So I wish her the best and hope there's a new original album coming.

• Like 1

Actually this is one of the least forced things she's done. She's not in her 'I'm such a great popstar and I'm better than ever' fake era anymore as she did during Confident and TAOSO eras. She's just in her 'artistic' era playing with what she can do with her music

• Like 2

How is that forced ? If she personally likes what she’s doing 

Sadly I lost all my interest towards her however if she was desperate she’d gone back to her CFM era but she clearly doesn’t care about chart success so good for her 

No. she’s literally just going back to the sound she had when she first started and evolved it.  Rockmi > R&Bmi>>>> Popmi

8 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

How is that forced ? If she personally likes what she’s doing 

Sadly I lost all my interest towards her however if she was desperate she’d gone back to her CFM era but she clearly doesn’t care about chart success so good for her 

She doesn’t care about chart success because she won’t see it with pop or “rock”.. this is 2023 ma’am 

:skull:

Edited by Bentley

1 hour ago, whitehotforever said:

everything about her is forced, so yes

Came to say exactly this! Miley Jr. when it comes to the “this is the REAL me” shtick. 

She was doing rock music on Disney Channel with her first two albums.. how is it forced

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ariananext said:

She was doing rock music on Disney Channel with her first two albums.. how is it forced

:bibliahh:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

i don't like revamped as I prefer the poppy sound of those songs but she served on holy ****, but it's not something I wanna hear again on her next album. 

I don't know...

On the one hand, I think she truly enjoys rock and giving a rock twist to her classic songs is kinda nice. But at the same time, I agree the revamped versions of her songs are lackluster and a little bit lazy. She could have done more than just make them loud with guitars and heavy drums. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.