With 4 songs released so far, only PTTR has stuck. Is Doja in trouble?

ToraeGilt

Doja is no longer considered a new artist after the commercial giant that was Planet Her. Fast forward to 2023, her new album doesn’t seem to be gaining the same traction and interest as her previous. I mean PTTR is big but without TikTok it would’ve been in the gutter with her other 3  singles. Thoughts? 

Edited by ToraeGilt
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ToraeGilt

• professor2000

• Power love

• popularmoonlight

PTTR is the most mainstream-friendly song of the bunch, and the only one that’s been serviced as an actual single. I know Attention and Demons got videos but I don’t think there’s been a huge push for the others unless I missed something.

Overall, it’s clear that this is going to be “experimental” project, but people are still interested and checking for Doja, which is honestly more important. She can get a hit when she wants one. Attention is my favorite song of the ones we’ve heard thus far, and I hope we get more songs like it on the album

Edited by Blue Monday
  • Like 2

She's a single artist and PTTR is a SMASH, she will be fine, she can make a pop record after this one and have as many hits as she did in the past.

Even if the other 3 songs were not sent to radio as official singles, they all got a video and if their streams are indicative of how the album will perform, she’ll be lucky to get a top 5 debut. If it weren’t for tik tok PTTR would be struggling just the same. KMM was a hit out the gate and wasn’t reliant on TikTok. IJS

• Thumbs Down 1

Pttr is the new flowers. :clap3: That's all she needs. 

5 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Even if the other 3 songs were not sent to radio as official singles, they all got a video and if their streams are indicative of how the album will perform, she’ll be lucky to get a top 5 debut. If it weren’t for tik tok PTTR would be struggling just the same. KMM was a hit out the gate and wasn’t reliant on TikTok. IJS

Need To Know debuted at #38 as a promo single after Kiss Me More and that didn't stop the album from debuting in the Top 2

You’re looking too hard for issues. Imagine saying someone is in trouble by having the #2 song in the country and a certified worldwide smash lol

• Like 12

PTTR would've been huge even without TikTok :huh: It's simply a great song.

Plenty of songs have gone "mega viral" on TikTok but barely did anything on the charts. TikTok gives unknown songs/artists the push to suceed, but Doja is a well known artist already so I don't think you can really attribute PTTR's success solely to TikTok when it can't even help some mega viral songs crack top 40.

• Like 11

The longevity of the album will depend on if other song becomes a hit but we'll find that out until it gets released.

PTTR is the only official single. The others were promo droplets. The second official single will be Agora Hills coming in 2 days. 

• Like 1

Some only needs an Unholy or Flowers type of smash to carry the entire era and that's okay. PTTR is only starting. 

• Like 1

No, it’s fine. You guys are trying to hard to brand this as her “flop” or “backlash” era. She’s performing well, a #2 song that actually served grower and longevity is not anywhere near “in trouble” 

• Like 1

She only released 1 official single from the album so far??? Relax. So many said the same thing after Attention and then look what happened. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

Need To Know debuted at #38 as a promo single after Kiss Me More and that didn't stop the album from debuting in the Top 2

Thank you.  Lmaoooo.  

Like KMM was the only major hit when the album dropped…just like this time around with PTTR.  She’ll be fine.  :laugh:

Yes, she needs to stop copying Armani Caesar with the lo-fi hip hop beats and give us what we want. Hopefully Agora Hills is just that.

i think she needs to fix her image issues if commercial success is still important to her, the music is good but her posturing as the next great rapper sets a high bar for all of her releases to meet and got rid of a lot of her goodwill, especially since the music she's putting out is just good, it's not great.

• Thumbs Down 1

Was she supposed to get 4 smash hits at the same time when only 1 of them was actually treated like a single?

Why does the industry keep saying NO to Anitta? - Base - ATRL

• Like 4

People always love to create fake scenarios to downplay Doja's success. "If Tik Tok didn't exist..." but it does, and it's a hit there and it helped the song go #1 around the world, deal with it.

7wa3ejT.thumb.gif.735746730c14068f504bc0

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.