STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Drew Barrymore gives tearful apology to strikers, but continues show

DAP

Its giving moms saying im sorry while spanking the sh** out of us when we were kids. :cm:

spacer.png

Edited by Onyxmage

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dumbsparce

• DAP

• CoolNebraskaGuy

• C-Amber

23 minutes ago, mrstephen91 said:

I mean I understand about the writers but how many writers vs normal jobs are being affected? I bet there are more people on her show that aren’t writers that would like to work as well… 

its called solidarity. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Administrator

Boo hoo

Still a scab having writing done by non WGA, the literal opposite of supporting the WGA. She could also not kick people out of tapings for having pro-WGA/strike pins and shirts.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, getBusy said:

Wait so she recorded a video just to say "I'm sorry you're hurt but I'm going to keep doing my thing"!?!?!?!? wild

Also, I love the massive lack of awareness. "I want to make a show for people that's always there for them regardless of what's going on in the world" B*TCH YOU THINK PEOPLE TUNE IN AND YOU'RE SAVING THEIR LIVES!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?

Right?? She really thinks she's healing the nation with her little segments of holding hands/tearing up with her celeb friends:rip:

• Thanks 2

If she doesn't want to join the strike let her be and she'll face whatever concequences in due time. Plus, a lot of people, even regular people, go to work to feel productive or to get a mental boost.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maddox said:

Right?? She really thinks she's healing the nation with her little segments of holding hands/tearing up with her celeb friends:rip:

Talk shows or any show can definitely brighten someone’s day. Tv is a great place to escape your struggles!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

This was so pointless. She is so rich she could’ve done without her show during an important fight for lesser paid writers. Like you really just had to start a mess for no reason? Lol

The show is more than just the writers, if the other production team members want to work and are happy with their earnings, why should they be punished ? The show won’t be as good without the writers so the show will still suffer in a way 

The show isn’t just money for Drew :rip:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

23 minutes ago, Simple said:

The show is more than just the writers, if the other production team members want to work and are happy with their earnings, why should they be punished ? The show won’t be as good without the writers so the show will still suffer in a way 

The show isn’t just money for Drew :rip:

Some of y’all really do suck at standing with working people. 

So many of todays benefits that benefit everyday people were achieved by striking! The 1% are not your friends. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maddox said:

I think she's ultimately a good-hearted person but is beyond out of touch. Her Ziwe interview is hilarious but also telling of how out there she is.

I sincerely believe she thinks she's changing the world. I guess it's a consequence of fame since you were a three year old.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lee!! said:

Boo hoo

Still a scab having writing done by non WGA, the literal opposite of supporting the WGA. She could also not kick people out of tapings for having pro-WGA/strike pins and shirts.

I have not seen talking about the pro-strike pins enough

Like WHY ask them to remove it or go out???

3 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

I'm sure all the people employed on her show are happy to have work to feed their families.

She's worth over $100m. She could afford to throw some pocket change their way and stand in solidarity for a cause greater than herself :coffee2:

is she out of touch or just an idiot?

"When things are so tough"... why is she acting like she's a single mom working two jobs trying to make ends meet and not a privileged multi-millionaire celebrity.

Also, she keeps saying she has no P.R team... well maybe it's time to get one.

I love her but what's the point of the apology then if she's gonna continue with the show  :skull: 

This is not a black and white situation. Why does her entire staff who maybe paid even less that writers have to suffer for her 3 writers?

And what employer is going to pay people for not working for going on 4 months now? LOL

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

She's coming off as so disengenous in that video! I feel like she's acting. Those were crocodile tears. 

Kudos to her! She remains a GREAT ACTRESS... but not a great person.

• Like 1

Her whole brand is the troubled woman who turn it around and now is nice and relatable, she is tossing it out and all for that sorry ass daytime mess of talk show that will be cancelled any day now. 

She is always crying and being over dramatizing in her talk show, I always found it fake. She is doing the same here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.