Maren Morris leaves country music, moves to Columbia records

Michael196

Not sure it means she's moving away from country per say, but I'm glad she's in a top tier label now. Her last era was poorly managed, she deserves so much more :clap3:

This is amazing news because that last era almost destroyed her career. Also her new singles are very much still Country inspired. 

Does anyone know if she’s releasing a new album? 

Edited by Power love

GOOD! :celestial: Go make some more bops with Zedd, no one wants dusty country when we can have classics like these :clap3:

I don't like this framing as if it's a permanent move away from country - that's not any indication. But, if anyone from a cultural standpoint would be justified in doing it, it's her. Especially after all the PR battles within the genre, some of them self-inflicted.

I see the argument on here using Kacey's feature on Zach Bryan's song to say that not just men are having successful country-crossover singles on the Hot 100 recently, but would she have done the same solo? I don't think so.

She's clearly not going full on EDM but I think she's going into an alternative country lane near what Kacey's doing.

• Like 1

This would be smart. Country doesn't like her, and she can switch to a better genre that isn't full of bigots :clap3:

• Like 1

She makes bad music so we won't be tuning in.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

1 minute ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

She makes bad music so we won't be tuning in.

:biblio:

I don’t think it’s fair to say she is leaving country music. I think it’s more of her trying to get away from the country music industry and it’s absurd and antiquated beliefs. Moving to non-country label will likely give her more freedom to explore the themes and sounds she wants with out being sabotaged or held back by record executives that are extremely conservative. 

The two new songs sound country. 

Seems like She wants to go away from country scene "country awards, promotion on country radios, country events" than leaving a genre.

There are a lot of artists make also country music outside of that "circle". Bob Dylan, Springsteen etc ... 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, Power love said:

Does anyone know if she’s releasing a new album? 

She said the 2 new songs are from her upcoming album so yes :party:

Doesnt seem like a big shift but more about who her audience will be. She wont only be catering to MAGA republicans anymore and we love to see it. :clap3:

Both songs are incredible; she should be so much bigger than she is, hope the new label can help with that

Maren Morris has revealed that her fourth album will be “angry” and “confessional” and lean more into the rock realm of music.

Her Under My Maren era is coming! :WAP:

• Haha 1

I hope this doesn’t mean she’s leaving country music or the Nashville scene. We can’t let the Jasons and Morgans of the genre run the good ones out of Nashville :chick3:

I thought Country radio was done with her and was afraid of the next era

glad she realized this and it’s moving away 

I hope she stays with country music as I don't see her making it a success with a move to pop.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.