• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DripDrip

• Citrus

• talent

• Buddy!

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone is officially declined from the House of Rouse, we are now exclusively winners or MCs

Lk0kuef.gif

1 minute ago, PinkBox said:

Stone is officially declined from the House of Rouse, we are now exclusively winners or MCs

Lk0kuef.gif

Moonchild ain't want me anyway. Don't curr, I ain't playing again

Lk0kuef.gif

Just now, PinkBox said:

Lk0kuef.gif

Tell the truth, it's a Miss C world

Lk0kuef.gif

7 minutes ago, Alena said:

Congrats sweetheart <3 @Rhisiart

6 minutes ago, Buddy! said:

Deserved @Rhisiart :heart2: 

5 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Condragulations Gladys! Welcome to a legendary club :gaycat1:

4 minutes ago, Moonchild said:

YAS @Rhisiart Where's the .gif of Ben and Michelle in the conjoined queens outfit so we can celebrate the fourth House of Rose sister and third Miss C winner from the house

4 minutes ago, DripDrip ♀️ said:

Congrats Gladys, you were literally a sweet pea and always supportive of everyone and everything, a true congenial queen. StinkBox and Moonchild can't relate. 

3 minutes ago, True Skarlet said:

Congrats @Rhisiart, you're literally a being of pure positivity and were kind, honest and warm from beginning to end.

ducayoyozwx9z.gif

So happy I can finally add "Miss C" to your Queens Rate write up officially now too.

2 minutes ago, Lémur said:

Surprised but congrats Gladys

2 minutes ago, Aciid said:

Congrats queen whew :clap3: 

I love all my girlies. :heart2:

Related image

Whats the official Haus Of Rose line up? Is Fat Aja in it? 

YqCWJnY.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

Gladys Lux Maure (@Rhisiart)

tumblr_npa50zspit1qlvwnco1_500.gif

I'm back ladies! I was granted leave from Survivor Island to come back for the reunion! Because I was on the island, my skin upped melanin production and my tan is severe. But I'm Puerto Rican, so it's still cool. I'm giving you pirate couture realness. I have a velvet blue coat on, with the bottom of the coat designed to look like ocean waves. My blue jacket is decorated with gold accents, as well as a sickening pair of leather thigh-high boots. My hair grew from the humidity, and pearls and stardust are sprinkled everywhere. I stuck the mast of a miniature ship in my hair, as well as a feather from my favorite parrot. Couple with some accessories I dug up on the island, I'm ready to shiver everybody timbers and make the boys walk to my plank.

YCYZDiS.jpg

The girl no one saw coming into the Top 3! You had a run that kept people guessing and were collecting fans left and right, how did it feel when you made it to the end?

From very early on, I kinda dreamt about making it all the way to the end. Simply because I wanted to say that I completed every challenge. I’ve said this before, but I never put a shelf-life on my time in the competition, and I was just planning on riding the waves for as long as I could. In real life, I get very obsessed and emotionally invested in many things, at yet my passion burns out and my interest dries up just as quick. Looking back on my run, I’m surprised how resilient and tough I was, especially with how quickly exhaustion sent in. I thought about quitting at so many points in the competition, but something inside me kept nagging me to not give up.

I’ve gotten so used to giving up and not bothering to try anything anymore in my life. I’m still not sure what made me decide that this was the one thing I didn’t want to give up at, but I’m so glad I listened. Making it to the end felt truly sublime. I believe I made it to the end out of pure hard-work and dedication. I wanted it more than some did, I worked harder than some did, and I believe the results at the end of the day prove this. The most shocking part honestly was gaining fans. To see viewers (as well as fellow contestants and judges) connect with my journey and acknowledge my work and efforts felt super gratifying.

You were part of the double save, and unlike *****, you ended up going all the way. Did this save help you step your game up?

Oh absolutely. That was definitely the turning point of my game here. Even though I never half-assed a challenge and continuously put in work, I had gotten complacent about being a floater in the game. I had unconsciously resigned myself that I could be nothing more than a middle-of-the-road queen and I lacked a hunger to get to the end. Not only did I need that Bottom 2 placement and lipsync, but I needed that double shantay. Hearing the announcement that it was a tie between the two of us because ***** had bigger potential that I had, combined with the caveat that we would be eliminated if we placed low in the following challenge, really made me go into overdrive. I was determined to prove the judges wrong and show my worth, and I really worked myself to the bone for the remainder of the challenges.

What was it like working with the other girls and competing with them?

I’m not really active on ATRL. In real life, I’m extremely quiet and reserved, and at this point I’ve basically become a hermit. Although I present a heightened version of myself online (like everyone does), I’m still pretty shy. I’m a squatter in a couple of Entertainment base threads and I post in a random news thread every once in awhile, but I’m not a dedicated poster. I came into this game without really knowing anyone. At best, I was acquaintances with only a couple of users. Slowly coming out of my shell and getting to know everyone was probably one of the best things I got out of this game. All of my fellow contestants are so very talented in their own unique ways. Seeing these girls put together these entries every week was really amazing. Even if an entry was “bad”, seeing the amount of work that was put in really showed how dedicated everyone was. I felt like I learned so much from watching these girls, from writing and comedy to fashion and stylizing an outfit.

I would specifically like to give mention to my fellow Top 4: Faye, Lola, and Noah. Those three stood out to me from the very beginning to me as frontrunners in the competition, and it’s truly an honor to be standing side-by-side with them. I felt pressured to do better in my entries because I aspired to reach the same level they were at. I would also like to shout-out Melanoma and Stone, they were the two girls that I first had a connection within the competition. I still stand by the fact that I wouldn’t have gotten through the middle of the competition had Stone not become my close friend and confidant. I don’t know how the girls feel about me personally (I have a bad habit irl with caring way too much about people that don’t really care about me), but it was such a pleasure getting to meet such kind, crazy, charismatic people, many of which I now consider good friends, and I hope they too feel the same.

You were known for your drawings, a risky choice for a queen in ADR, do you think your choice of creating your own outfits helped you or hurt you in the end? Were there times where you thought, maybe I should have just picked out an outfit?

Overall, I really think it helped me because it made me unique. I stood out from the other girls immediately because I hand-drew my outfits, so even when my personality was lowkey and I was under-the-radar, I feel like my drawings made people pay attention and keep me from fading away completely. It really cemented my aesthetic and brand, and by the time Colleen and Faye had begun using their iconic and glorious drawing talents, I had established myself enough so that I still stood strong against them. There were plenty of times where I thought I should have just looked for an outfit, but the few times I tried, I felt lost. I enjoyed drawing because I could create the vision in my head without trying to “compromise” on a detail, if that makes sense. Drawing my outfits gave me a large amount of freedom, and I definitely grew as the season passed. And drawing looks on top of the heavy written entries was unbelievably challenging and difficult, but absolutely worth the payoff.

At what point in the competition did you think to yourself “I really have a chance to win this?”

Around the time of the branding challenge. I felt so focused and galvanized I believe I turned out entry after entry at that point. I built momentum for myself and kept topping myself. Plus, I had created this underdog narrative and managed to rise to the top, and that obviously connected with a lot of people. After my win in the makeover, I really felt that I could win, and I worked even harder to try and make that a reality. I will say that I wish I had won the PokéBall, I think it would’ve been a GAG if the Top 3 had two wins each and were completely neck-and-neck in scores. But then you look at Faye entry and the winner was obvious, and of course very deserved.

A little off-topic, but while I’m talking about challenges I wish I won, I was disappointed that I didn’t end up winning the branding challenge. That was the challenge where I truly managed to hone in on who Gladys was as a character. Chanel has since told me that she rated me a bit harshly and that I probably deserved a win. I’m not at all bitter because Noah’s EP was brilliant, and I do feel like if I had won that challenge, I may not have put as much energy and passion into the makeover challenge, because that was a challenge that I’m so unbelievably proud of.

What would your advice be to anyone who’s new to this entire world and competing for the first time would you give?

First, don’t sign up if you’re going to quit or if you’re expecting an “easy” game. This game is regarded as one of the most challenging games on ATRL for a reason. A normal entry in this game would equal a finale entry in many others. Season 4 took about 4 months to complete. You will have a lot of work to do, the game will take very long, and it might be the most “personal” and “revealing” game here. This is a tournament that will push your creative skills to the limit, and honestly push you mentally and emotionally. And you will only make it as far as you desire. If you decide to put the effort in, you will end up rewarded.

If you do plan to sign up for future seasons, figure out your drag character early. I myself came into the competition with no expectations or clear idea of what I wanted to do, but starting out with a vision in mind would’ve helped immensely. Try to figure out your sense of style early and look into the fashions you’d like to show off. Practice your writing, most of the game is written entries. Prepare an impersonation for Snatch Game and figure out your idea 3-song lipsync. Those two challenges are the mainstays in the competition, they will be coming and you don’t want to be unprepared.

But most of all, have fun! This is a game first and foremost. I had an absolute blast with each challenge, they were all unique and colorful and gut-bustingly funny. The shade is real, you will gag and kiki, and you’ll join such a fun and welcoming community. I welcome you with open arms, ADR would love to have you!

Is there anything you would have done differently?

Well, I would’ve won first of all. I would’ve done research to know what I was getting myself into, and I would’ve played to win from the beginning.

In all seriousness, I really don’t think I’d change a thing. Obviously I’d like to say that I’d do some challenges differently so that I wouldn’t flop (the Beach Ball, the Dating Games, the Sissy That Lipsync, etc.), but I learned something from every low point I reached, and I ended up bouncing back even stronger each time. I’m very proud of the journey I took and the story I told. Everything happens for a reason, and I’m honestly happy with how everything played out in the end. And now I’m able to use my failings, missteps, and unused ideas for the future. I do have one regret though, which is I wish I had drawn an entrance look to complete my season portfolio (I might do that by myself and find a way to share with you all later).

Anything you have to say to your critics?

I’m repeating myself, but I’ve been lucky to see an outpouring of love and support from the majority of the cast and viewers. If there is anyone who happens to disagree with my Top 3 placement or seem to think I’m untalented or whatever you want to think, I must quote Chaka Khan and say “My colon is clean, baby I don’t give a ****.”

Look at my run, then look back at yourself. Then look at me, and then back to you. The receipts are right there. You cannot come for my dedication, my hard-work, my effort, my success, because it’s all right in front of you. You think I’m untalented? You can live in delusion, that’s fine. You think you can do better than me? I surely would invite you to draw every single runway in a season, write as much as I have, and see where that takes you. Prove me wrong, I’ll be waiting patiently. The only people that can really tell me **** are the judges and my fellow members of the Top 3. Everybody else, thank you for your opinion, now sashay. Away.

What’s next for Gladys? Are we going to see her on All Stars?

I hope so! It’s been a month, and I completely and honestly miss this game. As tiring and as time-consuming as it was, it actually gave me something to do in the summer. I’ve lowkey been kind of bored without the game, and I’d love to jump back in.

I am very hesitant though, for two reasons. The first reason is expectations. I came into the season unknown to everyone. Nobody was checking for me, and early forecasts predicted me as a middle-of-the-road queen at best. I’d be going into All Stars as the most recent runner-up of the competition. Everyone now knows my strengths and my weaknesses, and now I have certain expectations and a standard to live up to, and the mounting pressure to do so. If I do All Stars, my goal would essentially be the same: make it to the end and complete every single challenge, this time with the intention of winning. I’d be extremely nervous if things don’t end up working in my favor this time around.

The second reason is mainly a time issue. The holidays at my job are insane, so trying to play a competitive season like All Stars with all of these challenges, not to mention dedicating time to hand-creating my looks every week, would be extremely difficult while I’m working. I almost had a nervous breakdown towards the end of this season, so I’m apprehensive about joining such a high-stress environment at this point.

All Stars or not, Gladys is going to try and continue to flex her drawing muscles. I actually haven’t drawn since the final entries, so this reunion look is my return from hiatus. I have a lot of idea of things I’d like to draw and practice at, so I going to try to keep at it and train for the future. As for Rhisiart, I’m still in the process of figuring out my life. Rome wasn’t built in a day, and change won’t come instantly (I always forget that), so it’ll be a long and hard process trying to find myself. I’m putting this in writing so I’m held to my words. I don’t want to be in the same place I am right now twelve months later. If I can succeed at this little forum game, I know I can try to translate that success in real life, and for the first time in a long time, I want to fight for that success.

What do you think should change in terms of how things are decided?

To me personally, the judging overall seemed pretty fair, as well as the scoring system they used. Most “bad” decision in the game we’re simply personal opinions, and we’re all human, so that unavoidable. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of that would incite real change is a shake-up on the judging panel. However I love all of the judges, so I wouldn’t want that.

Something else I can think of is showing our actual scores each week like some other games do. However, ADR is a creative game, not a strategy game. Showing scores would change the dynamic and affect the way people would make their entries. That would take away some of the organicness of the game if that makes sense. We’re only in the fourth season, and the game is only now really starting to cement itself. We should wait a few more seasons to see if the formula needs a change or not. But that’s just me.

Final words? Anything you have to plug?

Well, right now I’m competing in ATRL Survivor Season 7 along with some other Drag Race girls! I’m taking the Games section by storm! It’s pretty okay for far, I enjoy watching the drama from afar. I’m not sure if I’ll do any non-ADR related games for a while though, games have really proven to be a time sink. As far as the future goes, Stone and I jokingly talked about rebooting Fashion Photo Ruview for Season 5 since its cancellation after the first episode this season. If there happens to be any fan-demand from that, it could become a possibility! I think it’s a hilarious idea that would be a lot of fun to do! Other than that, I’ll plug my Twitter @RhisiartATRL, that’s really where I’m most active nowadays.

For my final words, I really would like to thank everyone that was a part of this journey with me. I’m so appreciative of everyone’s friendships, love, and support. I’m running out of positive words to say in regards to all of you and this competition in general, so all I can say is I thank you, and I love you. Until next time, this is Gladys Lux Maure. See you later! :heart2:

---------------------------

I send in my vote for Miss Congeniality to Stone. An unexpected choice, but Stone consistently helped me and others with outfit ideas and details, as well as help on written entries. She wasn't obligated to do any of that, but she did and I feel that needs to be recognized. She may be shady as all hell, but the bitch has a heart of platinum.

Seeing you grow and blossom in this competition was a joyous moment, and I can't wait to see what else in store for you. You're a true talent and a genuinely wonderful person.

tumblr_mlo8jhs6dG1qlvwnco1_500.gif

1 minute ago, DripDrip ♀️ said:

Is Fat Aja in it? 

I just said that Stone was kicked out

1 minute ago, DripDrip ♀️ said:

Whats the official Haus Of Rose line up? Is Fat Aja in it? 

Aciid, Dame and me are canon. Fan theories and split timelines support Stone and Gladys as members

Lk0kuef.gif

Just now, PinkBox said:

I just said that Stone was kicked out

:ahh::ahh: stop iT 

4 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Lk0kuef.gif

Carmen snatching that invite. A preview of the new House of Rose choreo Carmen will bring to the table:

weird-goths-dancing-techno-bridge-14163616899.gif

2 minutes ago, Rhisiart said:

@Buddy! There's your paragraph. :fan:

dhsj

Love you bitch xo

11 minutes ago, Lémur said:

I was kidding because we had the same outfit that week

i... literally forgot all about that already LMFAO

Gladys is such a classy queen :weeps: 

YqCWJnY.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________

Lola Cabezas (@DripDrip ♀️)

tumblr_npa50zspit1qlvwnco1_500.gif

As a former judge and general ADR icon, did you feel extra pressure to perform well?

Uh yes. From the bat I felt like I had to exceed all expectations. Also considering Tangerine’s Run last season I felt like I had to live up to that also being a former judge. It made me second guess more then I should have. 

Was it strange getting negative critiques from your former "coworkers"?

Not really. I can seperate them being judges from them being friends or coworkers. 

Your lip syncs have been called the greatest in the history of this game. What is it about that 24 hour fight to the death that pushes you so much?

Omg are they really? Woo. Talent only!

Well I experience the five stages of grief in about a two hour period. Then I listen to my “Bad Bitch” playlist and then my mindset is just “don’t give up”. You do all this work on your entry and you’re happy with it and still end up in the bottom so it’s a tough blow but you just WANT to go further for some reason. It’s a mix of pressure and wanting to prove someone wrong.

During the late middle part of the competition, you had a rough spot, emotionally. What made you keep going?

****, I don’t know :rip: 

Pure ego? I’m an emotional masochist? I just couldn’t give up. I’ve put so much effort into all my entries, giving up would just be myself slapping myself in the face. I owed it to myself to keep putting my all into every part of this competition until you guys said it was my time to go. Because I was spending MY TIME on this game. It was tough. I was working like 50 to 60 hours a week, on top of trying to kick start my freelance writing career and keep up a social life. I would have only so many hours to work on entries and I felt like my time was so limited. It was stressful but it was my choice to do this and I don’t want to half ass anything anymore or give up so I owed it to myself to continue this until the end. 

Being able to put out the quality entries I did with the little free time I had is a talent in itself. Time management y’all, it works!

Which queens did you think were your biggest competition?

The entire top 7 could have easily snatched the crown. But for a more direct answer, Colleen and Noah were the two who I saw as giving my wig a tug for most of the competition and hey! I sent them both home. 

Faye was a wild card because you never knew how’d she do until the very end, and I mean she won. 

Who surprised you in the best and worst way?

Colleen with her double wins really had me shook. She did THAT. Gladys was also a huge surprise. She turned herself around and went from a three episode filler queen to a whole personality and was someone to watch and root for. 

I was surprised Phresh quit. I really thought he’d excel once we got to the single challenges and would give us a new perspective on how the challenges are approached. I expected a lot from him. I surprised myself by putting so much confidence in him when I shouldn’t have. 

After judging three out of the four seasons, how do you think the Season 04 cast compares to the previous girls?

I think S4 had a cast of girls with their own unique trademarks and personas. There was a lot of variety that was seen. It was exciting because we weren’t playing the typical role of “bitchy drag queens hunty weeeerk” that’s sometimes seen on here. Everyone brought their own strengths and their was a lot of sincerity with this cast that the other seasons lacked. It’s like we really combined our own selves with our drag personas without making a complete new one. 

Will we ever see Lola Cabezas on All Stars?

It’s been a thought bouncing in my head for a bit. If I did, it’d be purely to just enjoy playing the competition and not because I want to win or anything. That could be seen as a good or bad thing depending on who you ask. 

Im 100% proud of the entries I submitted and I just don’t feel like I have anything to prove anymore. Going from 2nd to 1st isn’t going to give me any more satisfaction then I already have so I don’t really need to compete again. I did what I wanted to and I showed what I can do and why I was picked as a judge in the first place. 

But like I said , I’m an emotional masochist so who knows ?

What was your favorite entry of yours in the competition?

The brand one hands dowwwwn. I loved the freedom we got to be able to be as creative as we wanted to be with it. Plus, I got to awaken the little girl in me and play with a doll which I was never able to do as a kid. That 10.99$ I spent on her took me to the finale so bless her. FYI the dolls actual name is “Meeshell”. Me and Faye spent like a good hour laughing about it. 

Plus doing that book and writing it all out and designing it was really fun. Same with the magazine part from my finale lip sync. Those were fun to put together. But yah my brand one hands down. I was able to show something different from what was probably expected of me to do and  make something outside of the box with the dolls and be really creative with it. Something the judges haven’t seen, you know?

Wow Gladys' changed post-drag race 

Now I know I didn't write that much. :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, True Skarlet said:

This season's true comedy queen. :heart2:

C4AwVXz.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.