Taylor's worst pop album?

Talento

Taylor's worst pop album?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Lover
    • Midnights

3 hours ago, Yog said:

Reputation is TS’s pop worst album to date, just ask any local..

there’s an reason Lover outcharted the mess 

thank you Cruel Summer, which is a reputation reject

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• wastedpotential

• Talento

• Peroxide

Top Posters In This Topic

1989 > midnights > lover > rep

Reputation is easily her weakest pop album. Although I love it, I can admit that it sounds quite outdated, some of the songs on reputation aged badly and are quite cringy. In comparison to her other pop albums, rep is the worst written one (still better than anything other artists put out).

Lover has really impressive highs and includes some of her best songs ever, but there are certain songs that ruin the flow of the album (ME!ss, i'm looking at u).

Midnights is definitely her best written pop album. It contains the songwriting elements that folklore and evermore had, while maintaining the pop persona she's had since her Red era. I wouldn't necessarily say the album is skipless, but as a whole body of work, it works perfectly.

1989 is POP PERFECTION. That's all I can say. 

Edited by MidnightsAtPeace
  • Like 1

I think all of her albums in pop are great. Right now I visit Lover the least so I will vote for that. 

Edited by Gladiator

Reputation is definitely one of the best pop albums ever!!!

But yeah it’s the worst among the options.

5 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

thank you Cruel Summer, which is a reputation reject

No even without Cruel Summer, Lover is still bigger.

32 minutes ago, Axelios said:

No even without Cruel Summer, Lover is still bigger.

Spotify daily streams

Lover - 12,767,874 (Cruel Summer: 4,992,172) ==> 12,767,874-4,992,172= 7,775,702

reputation - 7,934,123

so no, you're wrong :heart2: reputation outstreamed outsold outdid outqualitied outiconiced 

2 hours ago, Kiss It Better said:

Spotify daily streams

Lover - 12,767,874 (Cruel Summer: 4,992,172) ==> 12,767,874-4,992,172= 7,775,702

reputation - 7,934,123

so no, you're wrong :heart2: reputation outstreamed outsold outdid outqualitied outiconiced 

Ouuuu. :wanda:

Midnights, the other three are highlights :flower:

It’s not Midnights, that much I know. :beach:

Reputation and Lover are just as bad. 

Midnights > 1989 > Rep=lover 

16 hours ago, Dephira said:

Cue everyone voting Lover even though it’s their most played Taylor pop album :cm: 

I'm sure I've listened to Lover fewer times than Conan Gray listened to Midnights.

1989 > GODver >> Midnights >> reputa :gaycat:

Since when is Cruel Summer a reputa reject?

As much as I love Midnights, I feel it's full with dropouts from Lover, Rep and scrapped albums (Karma).

20 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

ezgif-1-f3bc812a00.thumb.gif.e3fb2dfc52a

Can't you just... for ONCE stan fun music. Just once? Just once????

Allthough you do lowkey have a thing for Ava and Chanel SloMo so I might give you the benefit of the doubt... :gaycat2:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Again said:

Can't you just... for ONCE stan fun music. Just once? Just once????

Allthough you do lowkey have a thing for Ava and Chanel SloMo so I might give you the benefit of the doubt... :gaycat2:

I love about 1/3 of reputation (Delicate, LWYMMD, Getaway Car, PWOHC, Dress, CIWYW), but I have a healthy dose of PTSD from the era. RFI and End Fame tanking was rough to live through, her performances and her persona for the era before the tour were put on and desperate, IDSB and So It Goes have aged awfully, and Gorgeous and TIWWCHNT are personally offensive to me. It's nothing against reputation, really, I just can't disassociate the album from the era. There are songs on reputation that I love more than anything on Lover, but after altering the tracklist the day it came out, Lover is a pretty consistently solid 13 track pop album and reputation is a messy rollercoaster. 

Spoiler

There's something about Taylor that leads me to set a higher standard of quality, cause in every other case I'm obsessed with slightly trashy but incredibly fun pop girl bops :gaycat4:

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I love about 1/3 of reputation (Delicate, LWYMMD, Getaway Car, PWOHC, Dress, CIWYW), but I have a healthy dose of PTSD from the era. RFI and End Fame tanking was rough to live through, her performances and her persona for the era before the tour were put on and desperate, IDSB and So It Goes have aged awfully, and Gorgeous and TIWWCHNT are personally offensive to me. It's nothing against reputation, really, I just can't disassociate the album from the era. There are songs on reputation that I love more than anything on Lover, but after altering the tracklist the day it came out, Lover is a pretty consistently solid 13 track pop album and reputation is a messy rollercoaster. 

Reveal hidden contents

There's something about Taylor that leads me to set a higher standard of quality, cause in every other case I'm obsessed with slightly trashy but incredibly fun pop girl bops :gaycat4:

Rep has SPICE, something Lover severely lacks. Taylor didn't buy any seasoning to sprinkle sprinkle on Lover when she made that trash off an album. Rep, you will ALWAYS be famous. Thank you to your service for the gays

Ip1gEBj.gif

1 minute ago, Love Again said:

Rep has SPICE, something Lover severely lacks. Taylor didn't buy any seasoning to sprinkle sprinkle on Lover when she made that trash off an album. Rep, you will ALWAYS be famous. Thank you to your service for the gays

Ip1gEBj.gif

Except for half the tracks, as someone at her label was playing a prank on her and replaced the seasoning with dried **** flakes, and that's what ended up all over RFI, End Fame, IDSB, Gorgeous, TIWWCHNT, and NYD

Ip1gEBj.gif

I'd also argue that something like False God or Afterglow is far more flavorful and nutritious than something like End Fame, personally :gaycat4:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.