Taylor's worst pop album?

Talento

Taylor's worst pop album?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• Lover
    • Midnights

MIDnights :clown:  an unfortunate slog of an album outside of 1 or 2 songs. 

7 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

MIDnights is lifeless, melodically uninteresting, and has like 2 standout tracks. Such a huge regression coming off of Folklore and Evermore.

Say what you want about Lover, but it has quite a few hidden gems. Cruel Summer alone is better than every track on Midnights combined. 

You better scream it for the folks in the back :clap3:

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solaria

• wastedpotential

• Talento

• Peroxide

Top Posters In This Topic

Lover is actually really good when you get past those 2 ridiculous singles. 

Midnights has two albums worth of material and I still don’t think there’s an 8/10 album somewhere in there. It’s like Taylor refused to commit to trying to make a good body of work here.

Edited by Rotunda
  • Like 1

Lover is her worst,

1989 is good but it’s like the worst “Taylor” pop because of the lack of bridges and lyrical highlights

rep is second best, I enjoy it most of all the pop albums (mostly due to visuals, tour, and eras as a whole) but I recognize the weaknesses it has as an album overall

and Midnights is the best of her pop output 

All her pop albums rank below Speak Now, Red, and folklore/evermore though 

• Like 2

reputa easily, she should let Scooter keep it :swan:

1 hour ago, Delusional said:

People only say Midnights is the worst because it’s the furthest from the pop we are used to from her. 

It goes 1989 > reputation > Midnights > Lover for me with 1989 and rep switching constantly tbh.

This is the exact correct order. :clap3:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dephira said:

Cue everyone voting Lover even though it’s their most played Taylor pop album :cm: 

I’m going to say Lover and it is, and will always be, my least played Taylor album altogether. What now?

• Like 1

Technically it's Lover but I personally have such a soft spot for the album so I'm voting for reputation :gaycat1:I have the least connection to it

Just now, Achilles. said:

I’m going to say Lover and it is, and will always be, my least played Taylor album altogether. What now?

You are safe, but these Spotify Top 5 album rankings have exposed a lot of users :cm:

Lover 

although I love cruel summer and lover song but it’s my least played album followed by debut and fearless 

It's not in the list

But out of the 4 lover

Rep is her best album :gaycat3:

I actually enjoy 1989 the LEAST out of all of these. 

• Like 3

Lover but I overplayed it back in 2019 and it's still my most played TS pop album :redface:

3am version saves Midnights imo.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

For me - 1989’s only truly “bad” songs are say… Shake It Off and Bad Blood; everything else ranges from good to exceptional.

Midnights has some weak spots but it’s her most interesting and sophisticated pop album to date.

Reputation is such a strange one… theres moments of genius but it just feels… inauthentic. Ready For It, End Game and LWYMMD are good songs but they feel like cosplay, like they were songs crafted for other artists… and the final result feels a little try-hard.

Lover is just too damn long, she needed to cut the fat… ME!, YNTCD, INTHAF and London Boy are some of the worst songs of her career.

1989, I only use the singles from that album

reputation is her best, fight me :gaylorcat1:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.