• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• noonbob

• SmittenCake

• Hiatus

• PMM

I can’t wait!! :WAP: 

Replaying these would be amazing because I never beat these games as a child. I hope the other games gets remastered too especially TLR. 

• Like 2

Cool. This raises a lot of questions for me tho. 

1. What save system will these use? Free saves from the pause menu or the crystals from the console versions?

2. Are the bonus levels Included in this? TR1's re-release "Unfinished Business" included 2 bonus levels. The 2nd bonus level is the actual final level of the main game that wasn't finished in time for release. 

3. Does this mean they will take down the original versions from steam just like what R*Games did with GTA? 

4. Will Lara have access to all of her learned moves or will they stay exclusive to their game? 

5. Will the unreachable med-kit in Palace Midas finally be obtainable?

This feels a little lazy.

The classic tomb raider games were due for a remake, not a remaster.

Think the Spyro trilogy treatment.

Cute this is coming to Nintendo switch tho, I may have to pick this up eventually.

• Like 1

These games have aged :rip: they should've done a complete remake.

• ATRL Moderator

Cannot wait to buy these remasters. Maybe I'll be able to beat TR 3 this time around (that game is genuinely impossible without a walkthrough).

(The save-whenever save system had better be held constant across all the games. The TR3 save system from the PS1 had better not be in there.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ItsJustMe. said:

I'm glad her boobs are big again

as they should be!

Yes!!!! THE BOOBS baby!

:jonny5:

22 minutes ago, getBusy said:

Disappointed it’s not called “(Lara’s Version)” tbh

Will edit just for you :heart2:

• Like 2

Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Coming February 14, 2024

Players can experience the journey their own way, with the ability to toggle on the fly between enhanced and original graphics, as well as switch between classic and modern joystick control schemes. Fans will also discover a variety of quality-of-life improvements, including camera lock-on and achievements.

https://www.crystald.com/aspyr-crystal-dynamics-reveal-tomb-raider-i-iii-remastered-starring-lara-croft-coming-to-pc-consoles-feb-14-2024/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lacy said:

This feels a little lazy.

The classic tomb raider games were due for a remake, not a remaster.

Think the Spyro trilogy treatment.

Cute this is coming to Nintendo switch tho, I may have to pick this up eventually.

Imagine the Angel of Darkness remake :gaycat7:

The way I can still speedrun TR1. Greatest game ever made.

• Like 2

Cute but we need and deserve remakes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sh0ckw4ves said:

What about Return to Egypt and Temple of the Cat for TR 1 though. Those are some of my favorite levels. :dancehall:

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, iknowplaces said:

Imagine the Angel of Darkness remake :gaycat7:

The way I would cry... :jonny4: 

AOD has the best plot of any TR game. If you think otherwise, you're wrong and need to find culture.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bloo said:

The way I would cry... :jonny4: 

AOD has the best plot of any TR game. If you think otherwise, you're wrong and need to find culture.

Do you keep up with the restoration project??

Love this :heart: Still hope for a full re-make of all of the Core games one day, but this will be a great re-introduction of Lara after an almost 6 year drought :jonny2:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
7 minutes ago, noonbob said:

Do you keep up with the restoration project??

I haven't followed it closely. But I have kept some tabs on it. It looks good. But I think the controls of AOD are still pretty clumsy as a whole. It's playable for me. But I would love to see a full reimagining of it (akin to the one fan remake of TR2). But sadly I don't think that'll ever happen.

I actually used to make custom levels with TRLE back in the day. :-* 

2 hours ago, Hey Dude said:

2. Are the bonus levels Included in this? TR1's re-release "Unfinished Business" included 2 bonus levels. The 2nd bonus level is the actual final level of the main game that wasn't finished in time for release. 

While "Unfinished Business" does make an attempt to continue after the original game (which canonically is impossible, because the entire island blew up in the final FMV :rip:), the concept for these levels was not based on anything that was previously scrapped. This expansion was a completely separate project, done by another team that came up with their own ideas. I think they were forced to tie this game to the original Tomb Raider, because they had to re-use some of the assets from existing levels ("City of Khamoon" and "Atlantis"). 

26 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

What about Return to Egypt and Temple of the Cat for TR 1 though. Those are some of my favorite levels. :dancehall:

Those will be included too, thankfully. "Temple of the Cat" in particular is such a masterpiece.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bloo said:

I haven't followed it closely. But I have kept some tabs on it. It looks good. But I think the controls of AOD are still pretty clumsy as a whole. It's playable for me. But I would love to see a full reimagining of it (akin to the one fan remake of TR2). But sadly I don't think that'll ever happen.

I actually used to make custom levels with TRLE back in the day. :-* 

Yes, NIcobass is a god to the TR community, they should give him a budget, team and let him make the TR2 Remake.

8 hours ago, Futile Odds said:

While "Unfinished Business" does make an attempt to continue after the original game (which canonically is impossible, because the entire island blew up in the final FMV :rip:), the concept for these levels was not based on anything that was previously scrapped. This expansion was a completely separate project, done by another team that came up with their own ideas. I think they were forced to tie this game to the original Tomb Raider, because they had to re-use some of the assets from existing levels ("City of Khamoon" and "Atlantis"). 

Those will be included too, thankfully. "Temple of the Cat" in particular is such a masterpiece.

Awesome. Now if only we could get a Mac port. :monkey: I really don't want to have to buy a Switch just to play these.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.