Is it safe to say now that TS is the biggest female musician in the US?

FailSafe

Is she the biggest female artist in the US  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is she

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tshwark

• Axelios

• Cruel Summer

• Steve Johnson

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the question- Commercially Taylor is but Beyoncé is still a bigger celebrity than Taylor in the US .

Outside of music industry, when they compare biggest celebs like Ronaldo, Messi, etc is Beyoncé’s name that mostly comes up.  Her attendance at this year Grammys only solidified that point with the way everyone were all over her. 

If Beyonce and a Taylor arrive at red carpet at the same time, the paparazzi’s will be all over Bey way more than Taylor. Taylor just doesn’t have that hold, that aura that Bey has. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

Yes, easily. The past 2 years have confirmed it.

Commercial success, cultural cache, touring success, star power… she really stands above the rest.

41 minutes ago, chaklux said:

Depends on the question- Commercially Taylor is but Beyoncé is still a bigger celebrity than Taylor in the US .

Outside of music industry, when they compare biggest celebs like Ronaldo, Messi, etc is Beyoncé’s name that mostly comes up.  Her attendance at this year Grammys only solidified that point with the way everyone were all over her. 

If Beyonce and a Taylor arrive at red carpet at the same time, the paparazzi’s will be all over Bey way more than Taylor. Taylor just doesn’t have that hold, that aura that Bey has. 

So what you're telling me is that Beyoncé is a bigger celebrity than she is a musician. 

Yes she is reaching the level of the biggest US solo musicians MJ and Elvis.

The Beatles will probably always remain bigger

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chaklux said:

The delusion of Beyonce fans is really embarassing.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Madonna kept pumping hits 30 years later after debuting, so we'll in 15 years how's Taylor doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Madonna kept pumping hits 30 years later after debuting, so we'll in 15 years how's Taylor doing. 

What are Madonna 2012+ hits?

4 minutes ago, tshwark said:

GMAYL

Please be serious:ahh:

It was a huge flop in the US/UK and an underperformance everywhere else mostly carried by Madonna (dwindling) fanbase

Edited by Axelios
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't think that is true STILL.

She can be, and probably can get to be...

But in the US, there is Mariah, Celine, Barbra, Whitney and specially Madonna that are still above her, and will be a bigger 'legend name' than her at least for another 10-15 years.

She is at her peak.

The real test comes once the decline comes (as it does for everyone) and to see how big the decline is, how she manages it and so on.

Anyway, she is the biggest female in the US that came in the last 20 years, I can give her that, sure.

7 minutes ago, Axelios said:

Please be serious:ahh:

It was a huge flop in the US/UK and an underperformance everywhere else mostly carried by Madonna (dwindling) fanbase

Lmaoooo, if it reaches the Top 10 it's a hit whether you like it or not, and even bigger in Europe.

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5

She’s definitely the QUEEN of the VMAs :ghostface:

Such an honorable feat for such a flaling platform. Maybe her and Queen of iTunes, Nicki Minaj, can sync up! :)

11 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Lmaoooo, if it reaches the Top 10 it's a hit whether you like it or not, and even bigger in Europe.

It didn't even make the year end list despite being a February release. That's not a hit :rip:

Edited by Axelios
  • Haha 1

I don't tjink so, she feels non eventful outside her fanbase

2 hours ago, zzmyth said:

I don't think that is true STILL.

She can be, and probably can get to be...

But in the US, there is Mariah, Celine, Barbra, Whitney and specially Madonna that are still above her, and will be a bigger 'legend name' than her at least for another 10-15 years.

She is at her peak.

The real test comes once the decline comes (as it does for everyone) and to see how big the decline is, how she manages it and so on.

Anyway, she is the biggest female in the US that came in the last 20 years, I can give her that, sure.

Stop this nonsense lmao

I'm a huge Mariah fan and even in Mariah's 18th year she was already floundering with TMB and the eventual Obsessed single in her 20th anniversary, sure TMB was a 3 week #1 and Obsessed went Top 10 but compared to Taylor's 18th year domination? Nowhere near. Even worse for Celine and Whitney who were just decade long phenoms, 15 years if you want to extend it.

Taylor is on her way to dominating everyone on her 20th year, will probably even be her biggest year yet.

For her fanbase (which almost all of YT America) yea. I need her to work on her vocals/stage presence/dancing so she feels like an artist tho

• Thumbs Down 1

I mean... It's pretty obvious at this point. 

4 hours ago, tshwark said:

Good to know Taylor has more hits than Madonna in the US then 

1 hour ago, Klein said:

I mean... It's pretty obvious at this point. 

Good to know Taylor has more hits than Madonna in the US then 

:alexz3: And thank you for reminding me that Madonna’s hits where so much bigger, because with little less she’s ranked higher on the all time chart.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.