Is it safe to say now that TS is the biggest female musician in the US?

FailSafe

Is she the biggest female artist in the US  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Is she

Awards, certs, chart performance, touring power. She's gonna sweep the BBMA and the GRAMMYs next. Is she now THE biggest female artist in the US of all time?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyBpAek9Z26FNB2UCIjTt

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Down 5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tshwark

• Axelios

• Cruel Summer

• Steve Johnson

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d personally say so but for people who disagree I think in about 4 more years or so it will be nonnegotiable. 

• Like 1

Forget awards lol

VMAs were mostly about her

Like 100s of video of doing something or dancing in audience cam

I think it’s been undeniable since the moment Midnights’ first week numbers and charts dropped that she was locked to achieve this title. Anything left is just formalities, ceremonies - the official update of Billboard’s all-time charts, her certifications reaching the top spot among women, that sort of thing. Having this much momentum while likely being the top woman artist in Billboard chart points - or being about to achieve that if she hasn’t already this year - means that it’s inevitable that she’ll create a potentially insurmountable gap by the end of the decade. Her absolute lockdown of the US music market is stunning, something to be studied one day.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

I think it’s been undeniable since the moment Midnights’ first week numbers and charts dropped that she was locked to achieve this title. Anything left is just formalities, ceremonies - the official uptake of Billboard’s all-time charts, her certifications reaching the top spot among women, that sort of thing. Having this much momentum while likely being the top woman artist in Billboard chart points - or being about to achieve that if she hasn’t already this year - means that it’s inevitable that she’ll create a potentially insurmountable gap by the end of the decade. Her absolute lockdown of the US music market is stunning, something to be studied one day.

With her last 2 re-releases and at the very least 2 studio albums, I think she's lock for AOTD. It would be a very special moment because by then, she'd receive the recogniziton exactly at 40 years old

3 minutes ago, lonnie said:

She high-key is. It's undeniable at this point.

Color me surprised :psyduck:

As an unbashed Swiftie, Taylor definitely is. 

But even through Madonna's title of America's biggest female artist is being passed to Taylor, Madonna will also always remain the Queen of Pop. She really pioneered a way of being a pop star that paved for way for Taylor and other female artists.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Johnson said:

Not just female but overall. :clap3:

She will be the biggest solo but I don't think anyone will ever accept her surpassing the beatles.

2 minutes ago, cat1867 said:

She will be the biggest solo but I don't think anyone will ever accept her surpassing the beatles.

Oh yes The legendary BEATLES. #2 ain't bad thou. 

Yes. In a few years she will have more album units than any other female in the US certified. She already has the highest grossing tour in US history, the Eras tour will be a much bigger US tour and overall also the biggest female touring act in US history. Billboard will list her as the #1 female artist of all-time on their all time chart. No female artist has more AMA‘s or Billboard music awards. Taylor needs three more VMA‘s and she would lead there too. Add 12 Grammys and one Emmy to her totals. 

Taylor Swift is the most successful female artist in US history.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Color me surprised :psyduck:

Why? I've never claimed Taylor is unsuccessful :rip:

Success wise, yes. But Madonna will always be miles bigger than Taylor culturally. She's the blueprint of all the  modern female pop stars. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Of all time? no, not yet but she will get there in the next few years, currently? Yes, she definitely is. 

yes, and anyone disagreeing is probably just mad that it isn’t their fave

• Thumbs Down 1

She would be if she had announced something tonight. Since she did not, then I have to say she's not. 

3 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

VMAs were mostly about her

bc she’s a quite literally the only relevant celeb that still attends :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

Madonna is still the biggest “all time” legend on paper. The way music is easily accessible and consumed now is just not comparable to when Madonna reigned supreme in the 80s, so it’s hard to really say Taylor is the biggest of all time knowing Madonna literally has some of the most iconic performances, tours and looks in pop music history, let alone massive pure sales. Taylor’s song writing is what makes her though. She mastered the art of quirky story telling, is never afraid to be awkward and she does it in a way that sells more than sex, which is not exactly the standard for female pop stars (especially now). So I’d say linguistically speaking she’s the biggest female artist of all time alongside Mariah who could arguably be considered “bigger” when you factor in the fact that she’s a star rated vocalist as well as a lyrical genius, but Taylor has touring power that outweighs it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.