• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• laqqinq

• kyliefever2002

• Kintsugi

• s1974181

what’s everyone’s thoughts on White Glove, overall as a song, and the voice modification in its chorus/parts of the song?

9 hours ago, laqqinq said:

what’s everyone’s thoughts on White Glove, overall as a song, and the voice modification in its chorus/parts of the song?

10/10, it makes Breakfast and Boyfriend not sound out of place, also imo the voice effects are what make this project feel special, don't get me wrong the songs by themselves are GREAT but all of the production details take them to a new level

This is absolutely a masterpiece, I HATE that it's so short, because it's one of those releases that makes you want MORE. "White Glove" is INCREDIBLE, and I could def see the chorus going viral on TikTok, she deserves to be on the tier of "MPG" status. Congrats Dove; on this MASTERPIECE of an album.

• Like 3

Watching her interview on the Jennifer Hudson Show; hearing her talk about her dad is so heartbreaking, soo happy she is finally facing her fears and is comfortable talking about the things/people that have hurt her.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Garbaj said:

This is absolutely a masterpiece, I HATE that it's so short, because it's one of those releases that makes you want MORE. "White Glove" is INCREDIBLE, and I could def see the chorus going viral on TikTok, she deserves to be on the tier of "MPG" status. Congrats Dove; on this MASTERPIECE of an album.

she mentioned in an interview that her plan for next year is to put out more droplets, then Vol 2 then a full length project containing all of the songs, so we will be fed!

Spoiler

this is highkey giving me Bebe Rexha AYF teas and I'm scared :rip: when we don't even get Vol 2...

Edited by Kintsugi

Decided to give this a change cause she's coming to my city's music festival but I'm definitely skipping her set, this was really bad, bland af. :rip: 

2 minutes ago, alfonso12 said:

Decided to give this a change cause she's coming to my city's music festival but I'm definitely skipping her set, this was really bad, bland af. :rip: 

THE TASTE. THAT YOU DONT HAVE. SLAYYYY KING>>>>>

This is... not good :(

It's Madison Beer coded but she's made it her own, it's just not as good. White Glove just didn't stick the landing.

Still and God's Game are good though, + Boyfriend ofc

Fragile is cute

it’s cute enough but i’m so over her doing this Billie/Melanie type sound. she started out with so much potential to give us BANGERS

2 hours ago, Kintsugi said:

mega panned :bibliahh: they called it a "failed experiment" nn

yeah. though i think they're right in their own place. okay not as in a “failed experiment” but there definitely is a lot of room for improvement, which i think they can get to in Vol. 2.

10/10, it makes Breakfast and Boyfriend not sound out of place, also imo the voice effects are what make this project feel special, don't get me wrong the songs by themselves are GREAT but all of the production details take them to a new level

“I call it the monster voice. I do that because it makes me feel really connected to the more animal side of it. It makes me feel power behind it especially because my vocals are so soft sometimes. I can sound sensitive and vulnerable and I wanted to make sure there was some power behind some of the lyrics.

I don’t know how to explain this but I’m a little freaky and weird and I’ve always been attracted to darker and more menacing sounds and it makes the more fragile tracks more full.

In the outro of “White Glove”, when it’s super crazy low, it’s just menacing and fun. As a kid, when I used to go to school, I would dress up as “your worst nightmare” on a random day. It’s very fun to me and I love everything villainess. It feels very powerful. It’s definitely one of my favorite devices in the studio.”

it’s kind of what makes the song the song in its own ways; likewise for the other tracks.

2 hours ago, Garbaj said:

yeah, the runtime was an issue. i didn’t want it to end, haha.

she mentioned in an interview that her plan for next year is to put out more droplets, then Vol 2 then a full length project containing all of the songs, so we will be fed!

Hide contents

this is highkey giving me Bebe Rexha AYF teas and I'm scared :rip: when we don't even get Vol 2...

bebe’s third part never came out. we have 2 here, in contrast, and it’s already been in the works for a couple of weeks now; so fingers crossed.

she also said that she’ll go on tour after Vol. 2 is out 

Bop after bop after bop, smash after smash after smash. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, laqqinq said:

bebe’s third part never came out. we have 2 here, in contrast, and it’s already been in the works for a couple of weeks now; so fingers crossed.

she also said that she’ll go on tour after Vol. 2 is out 

It never came out because Meant To Be smashed and they rushed to get her debut album out instead of AYF3 lol 

anywho. Outside of Sand (which I’ve loved since release) and God’s Game, this is a weird first listen :duck:  Production wise it gives a mix of Billie, Tones and I, and Halsey all in one which ironically could be interesting but her lyrics and voice have no identity whatsoever. Never liked the old singles either. 

I thought it was good idk what the publications be on about 

I knew she wont dissapoint the album is really good i love all the songs but fragile things my favs are sand and still

I have issues but when I ignore the cohesive actual album/EP bit I actually like most songs. She has put out quite a few I like now, though taken some down too which I hate but can deal with. Overall sure, it lacks identity and is a bit all over the place. But if you don’t mind it there are quite a few decent to good songs on it. She’s still a new artist finding herself and her identity and I kind of expect that. I really didn’t think she was gonna come out of the gate with this mastered brand and self image musically and personally. But my hope is while getting some songs to enjoy for fans it helps her figure it out more and keep growing until she nails it down. I am excited what more is to come from her and I love her voice

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KasioKas said:

It's Madison Beer coded but she's made it her own, it's just not as good.

The collaboration that I didn't know we needed. Dove's dark pop with Madison alien retro aesthetic palette would be quite the combo

Dove would also sound great on a duet/featuring with Olivia Rodrigo,
Sofia Carpenter, Demi Lovato, Sofia Carson, Miley Cyrus, Tate McRae,
Gracie Abrams, Charlotte Lawrence,
Bebe Rexha, Julia Michaels, Bea Miller, Maggie Lindemann and
Olivia O'Brien

17 hours ago, Scandalous said:

it’s cute enough but i’m so over her doing this Billie/Melanie type sound. she started out with so much potential to give us BANGERS

This isn't like Melanie Martinez. And Billie didn't invest whisper singing, get real. Y'all just feel like anything that isn't an uptempo is not good 

i really liked it overall. 

13 hours ago, pinkbowvintage said:

God's Game :jonny5:

its amazing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.