Taylor Swift stomped Olivia at the VMAs, why?

Ryan

• ATRL Administrator

Taylor won multiple VMAs over Olivia. Is this just further proof of her dominance? Or does the VMA’s just not understand art?

Discuss :gaycat:

• Haha 13
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryan

• venuss

• Pop_Data

• flower moon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because talent won…. And in this particular instance, being a fan influenced awards show also helped. 

I mean they’re fan voted… no non kpop act is gonna beat her

• Like 4

Just now, Smarticle said:

yes

well... not the OP talking about "understanding art" then... like as if the largest fanbase = 'best' art

i-

anyways

• Thumbs Down 1

i mean it’s fan voted, what are y’all expecting :deadbanana2:

like, if even if it’s not and we’re being real even vampire wouldn’t win something when the big smash Flowers was right there.

• Like 1

Just now, ohwow said:

well... not the OP talking about "understanding art" then... like as if the largest fanbase = 'best' art

i-

anyways

Issa joke :coffee:

I-

Other than fan voting Taylor is 13 years older than Olivia, and has way more experience in the industry.

:rip:

Anyways, Taylor’s music>>>>>>>Taylor’s videos. 

There’s no standing between the Swifties for fan voted awards. It’s like bringing a handgun to a nuclear war 

• Haha 4

Taylor didn't stomp anyone... She was chill and kept to herself.. She had a friend (Selena) and (possibly) her mom and that's the only people she basically talked to, there's nothing to say. :coffee:

Did swifties not just the other week mass vote someone else out of an award because they weren't a fan of taylor swift? nn

3 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

There’s no standing between the Swifties for fan voted awards. It’s like bringing a handgun to a nuclear war 

In the 10’s Taylor has constantly lost against Justin Bieber so Taylor is beatable in fan voted categories. 

4 minutes ago, Maroonx said:

Taylor didn't stomp anyone... She was chill and kept to herself.. She had a friend (Selena) and (possibly) her mom and that's the only people she basically talked to, there's nothing to say. :coffee:

Taylor was seated with Ice Spice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, wehavetostan said:

It was fan-voted. Stream Olivia's amazing performance though :clap3:

Well, you can tell she was one of the few that performed live I’ll say that :clap3: 

Edited by Redstreak

It was absolutely expected Taylor would sweep as it's mostly fan voted with Flowers being the only viable contender for some categories.

6 minutes ago, Bears01 said:

I agree but Anti-Hero is an exception. I've watched that video more times (maybe 8?) than I've watched other music videos combined in the last 5 years. It's a weird but fun video to watch. I don't think Taylor deserves any directing awards for it tho lol

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.