• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sylpher

• wish

• worldwide angel

• liquiddiamonds

15 hours ago, Maroonx said:

The pop/rock genre was around ATRL way before Olivia Rodrigo was born, what kinda nonsense is this topic. I'm cringing.

It's a joke... Because most people on here only listen to synth and EDM or whatever is popular (and rock has only been popular recently after years of irrelevance).

• Like 1

Love it! Wish there was more of it in the mainstream. Miley/Olivia kind of made that trend happen in 2020, but then it died down. I wonder if Olivia can make it happen again. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:14 PM, Sylpher said:

Olivia's introduced us to "pop rock."

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Sylpher said:

It's a joke... Because most people on here only listen to synth and EDM or whatever is popular (and rock has only been popular recently after years of irrelevance).

Rock has always been popular and it’s a genre that also exists outside of pop/rock. :biblio:

3 minutes ago, The Man Who said:

spacer.png

Obviously Olivia didnt invent/introduce rock. We are talking about Pop (popular music) which used to be a hoshposh of hits from all/any genre. In the last 13 years it seems that pop-rock has vanished from the Pop genre. And artists like Olivia, Billie, Miley have been bringing pop-rock back into the the Pop music space.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.