What do you think of Pop Rock?

Sylpher

What do you think of Pop Rock?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Pop Rock?

• I usually enjoy it / one of my favorite genres
    • Indifferent / Depends on the song, artist
    • Don't care for / Hate it

In a forum dominated by people who only listen to synth, disco, EDM and "pure" pop, Olivia's introduced us to "pop rock."

What do we think?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sylpher

• wish

• worldwide angel

• Pop Life

It's usually quite reductive and samey tbh. A lot of the current pop rock is just straight up copied from the late 00s.

It works well with people like Leah Kate because it all feels a bit tongue in cheek and a very obvious homage.

Oh and Billie did it quite well on Happier Than Ever, mainly because she was putting her own twist on it.

Edited by glitch

can listen to a kelly clarkson, avril, or p!nk song maybe once or twice every so often... that's about it

4got about this bop, but idk if it's technically pop rock

Edited by ohwow
  • Like 2

I love it

I love it! My first main pop girl was Shakira (Im old) and she started as a pop/rock artist! Avril, No doubt, Kelly Clarkson, Evanescence, Pink, really a damn awesome genre. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wish said:

Girl you're a Katy stan... her best album is pop rock

issa joke. i love pop rock, depending if it's a serve or terrible cringy gayle / Leah Kate / MGK pop rock

It was good in its prime. This new wave of pop rock is just copy & paste of 2000s pop rock without any of the flavor or essence of originality, so it just sounds cheap.

• Like 1

It raised me, it’s so good. P!nk and Avril really had me. I’m so happy it’s having a revival. :heart:

• Like 2

Depends. No Doubt, Paramore, Pink, Avril, Kelly were/are all amazing. Unfortunately this current "new" wave of pop rock doesn't bring anything new or innovative to the table. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.