So, Who is Madonna's Heiress after all?

shyboi

So, Who is Madonna's Heiress after all?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. So, Who is Madonna's Heiress after all?

• Rihanna
    • Britney
    • Doja
    • Dua
    • Beyoncé
    • Xtina
    • Katy
    • Kylie
    • Billie
    • Gaga
    • Taylor
    • Miley
    • Ariana
    • Nicki
    • Cardi
    • Rosalia
    • Kesha

Beyoncé.  

Gaga was initially on track for this title, but her career went a whole other way. She’s more similar to Cher or David Bowie now 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• better than revenge

• CaptainMusic

• Badgalbriel

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna is not merely a product of record sales or chart-topping hits. The way she is big is not just because of her commercial success. She embodies so much more than that as a pop culture icon. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Since the 1989 era, I’ve thought this was Taylor.  With Madonna we had a talented and ambitious female artist who unabashedly promoted her femininity with one of the best discographies of any artist.  And to manifest her ambition had the keen business sense and marketing ability to differentiate herself and reinvent herself to have incredible longevity and success.

That all very much applies to Taylor as well. They certainly pursued different sonic paths that fit with their individual identities and skill sets, but if find their spirits and energy to be rather similar.  

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Beyoncé.  

Gaga was initially on track for this title, but her career went a whole other way. She’s more similar to Cher or David Bowie now 

Gaga is nothing like Bowie :rip: 

Cher sure

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Madonna released her last successful album 22 years into her career. By the 25th year of her career, Taylor will be 38. 

Umm Hard Candy was successful, it sold nearly 4M, had a huge global smash and another hit outside the U.S and a huge tour. 

Madonna lasted from 1982-2012 when she scored her last Top 10 hit. We have no way of knowing how Taylor will do in 2036 so that member remains correct. 

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Umm Hard Candy was successful, it sold nearly 4M, had a huge global smash and another hit outside the U.S and a huge tour. 

Madonna lasted from 1982-2012 when she scored her last Top 10 hit. We have no way of knowing how Taylor will do in 2036 so that member remains correct. 

Madonna had her first real flop in 1992, a decade in. She had to release a trendy-for-the-early-90s Pop/R&B Dallas Austin/Babyface album and MOR soundtrack ballad (I'll Remember) in 1994 to get herself back in commercial good graces (to mixed results). 

She lasted 1982-2005 and I'm being generous because those Confessions songs didn't make a dent in the US, the largest market. Please don't tell me you consider Give Me All Your Luvin' a hit :lmao: 

Edited by EmailMySwift
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

1 minute ago, EmailMySwift said:

Madonna had her first real flop in 1992, a decade in. She had to release a trendy-for-the-early-90s Pop/R&B Dallas Austin/Babyface album and MOR soundtrack ballad (I'll Remember) in 1994 to get herself back in commercial good graces (to mixed results). 

She lasted 1982-2005 and I'm being generous because those Confessions songs didn't make a dent in the US, the largest market. Please don't tell me you consider Give Me All Your Luvin' a hit :lmao: 

oh yes you’re so generous for considering an album that moved 14m EAS units a hit 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

oh yes you’re so generous for considering an album that moved 14m EAS units a hit 

Like :lmao: 

I’m not even gonna waste my time on that dumbass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, holyground13 said:

Britney has always had more in common with Janet than Madonna in my opinion.

Beyoncé and Taylor have achieved longevity, been ambitious, navigated their careers and continued to release fresh-sounding new bodies of work much like Madonna. Beyoncé has had some controversial work so I guess in all she might be the most similar in my opinion.

Gaga initially had a lot in common with Madonna and her rise to stardom is similar, however I wouldn't say that she's as ambitious creatively nowadays.

Best Answer :-*

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

The difference is that Madonna started way later than Taylor. Taylor will be 20 years into her career in 2026. Madonna was 20 years into her career in 2001. By the time Madonna was 20 years into her career, she was 43. Taylor will be only 37. 

Then we will talk about it in 2026 

55 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Taylor commercial success is much more consistent than Madonna though.

Edited by Axelios
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

littlebodybigheart
3 hours ago, better than revenge said:

This doesn't seem to hold much weight because we can't definitively determine whether she would have achieved the same level of success in the past. We're currently in an era dominated by social media and streaming, which makes it easier for songs to chart on the Billboard Hot 100. As previously mentioned, the metrics have evolved significantly, and there isn't sufficient data available for a meaningful comparison. In essence, making such a determination is simply impossible

don’t take this as rude cause we’re having a civil discussion. but don’t you think it’s ridiculous to imply that there will never be bigger artists than the beatles/madonna/mj? like…ever?

there’s going to be musicians that are a phenomenon in every era and with every method of consumption. before elvis/the beatles/madonna/mj there were huge musicians and there will be huge ones after that. just like taylor is dominating right now, there will be a bigger artist than her in the future.

we don’t have to make one to one comparisons.

Taylor’s as establishment as it gets, that alone eliminates her from the running.

Britney’s artistic development was stifled for reasons we’re all aware of.

Gaga’s had way more misses than hits since 2012 (obviously disregarding her film career since this is a convo about musical legacy).

Rihanna stopped making music right as she was gaining some artistic cred. She’s also not really a performer.

The others are of-the-moment artists who are only as big as their last hits and it’s too soon to make comparisons.

Beyoncé is the only correct answer.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, YourHonesty said:

Taylor’s as establishment as it gets, that alone eliminates her from the running.

Britney’s artistic development was stifled for reasons we’re all aware of.

Gaga’s had way more misses than hits since 2012 (obviously disregarding her film career since this is a convo about musical legacy).

Rihanna stopped making music right as she was gaining some artistic cred. She’s also not really a performer.

The others are of-the-moment artists who are only as big as their last hits and it’s too soon to make comparisons.

Beyoncé is the only correct answer.

Amazing reply, on point. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, violent desires said:

Madonna is not merely a product of record sales or chart-topping hits. The way she is big is not just because of her commercial success. She embodies so much more than that as a pop culture icon. 

that's what certain children here can't seem to grasp. Madonna dgaf about whoever has as many numbers and stats as her. Her main thing was/is using her art to change not only the industry, but society from the inside out and she's achieved that. Only 2-3 in this generation have even attempted that with big platforms, let alone succeeded. 

Edited by Soda Pop Queen
  • Thanks 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Soda Pop Queen said:

that's what certain children here can't seem to grasp. Madonna dgaf about whoever has as many numbers and stats as her. Her main thing was/is using her art to change not only the industry, but society from the inside out and she's achieved that. Only 2-3 in this generation have even attempted that with big platforms, let alone succeeded. 

I don't think they have the range to wrap their heads around it

• Haha 1

NONE just to make it clear and i dont know if i want to cackle or scream when i see Taylor Swift being even an option and even worse,having so many votes :lmao:

Madonna sweetie, I'm so so sorry. All your years of hustle,breaking boundaries,changing mentalities,building the 20th century Pop music and Pop culture world, and ending up passing the torch to a Taylor Swift :ahh:

Edited by Mystic Boy
  • Like 1

The most ‘Madonna’ thing to do is to create your own lane and be insanely successful in it, and that’s Taylor, so...

It’s difficult to directly compare their work, but Taylor is the only one that’s made moves that are lasting and will have an impact for generations to come, much like Madonna did. 

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.