• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bears01

• Axelios

• OnMyCoolJ

• Material Girl

Top Posters In This Topic

4 is the only album of hers that didn’t perform that good for the era in which it was released. 

Overtime, it did decent on streaming, but it’s the only album of hers that didn’t go multi platinum in pure sales/units in the U.S. 

An argument could be made that Lemonade is her least memorable album among the GP and had the worst longevity, but it absolutely smashed in 2016 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m honestly not sure but 4 underperformed but thanks to streaming got the last laugh. Lemonade smashed but was withheld from streaming so it’s kinda the reverse.

what a flawless discography tho when you put it all next to each other. we are so lucky :jonny4:

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Blue Rose said:

I’m honestly not sure but 4 underperformed but thanks to streaming got the last laugh. Lemonade smashed but was withheld from streaming so it’s kinda the reverse.

what a flawless discography tho when you put it all next to each other. we are so lucky :jonny4:

For the era in which they were released (4 was right in the heart of the digital era, Lemonade right at the tail end of the digital era, very beginning of the streaming era) 4 underperformed, and Lemonade smashed. Lemonade just kinda became forgotten by the GP the moment the 2017 Grammys ended. That’s why I voted 4 though. 

1 minute ago, Nashe said:

what? :skull:

What, what? Sis, it’s spotify streams are terrible :deadbanana2:

Even now when she’s touring, it’s struggling to pull 500,000 streams per day. 

The GP doesn’t care for useless arguments pertaining to it like “impact”. They just don’t care to listen to it 

• Like 2

It's in between 4 & Lemonade

But Lemonade has a WW Tour, so I guess 4.

That said, 4 is still 4X Platinum so:rip:

Not 4 winning when Love On Top is one of her biggest classics :giraffe:  Even RTW and Best Thing I Never Had are lowkey GeePee darlings I fear

ezgif-1-f3bc812a00.thumb.gif.e3fb2dfc52a

Just now, Wewee said:

Renaissance 

Renaissance has: consistent streams, a legit streaming hit, and has had great longevity on the charts, on top of an absolutely massive tour. 

This is actually so hard.:rip: 4's singles underperformed, but its longevity was so impressive that it's close to ST in CSPC units. Lemonade's streaming recurrents are weak, but it was one of the biggest albums of 2016. If we're going purely by units, Renaissance is, but it still produced a #1 and a top-10 hit, as well as a massive stadium tour. I genuinely can't choose.

4, sadly. It’s unfortunate bc it’s one of her best albums along with ST. Should’ve been I Am… Sasha’s Feces 

• Thanks 1

It's a tie between 4 and Lemonade. 4 kinda flopped at the time and Lemonade was mainly a US thing.

3 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Lemonade because she sabotaged it. She saw to it that that album had no legs.

I just don’t see it as an album that would do that great on streaming. Other than “Hold up” and “formation” (because she performed it at the superbowl). It doesn’t have great replay value for an album in the streaming era. 

It kinda worked out for her because it did up selling great right before album sales essentially died 

'Lemonade'.

'RENAISSANCE' technically has less units right now, but it'll 100% end up bigger in the long-term.

Edit: Also screaming at the misspelling of 'RENAISSANCE' in the OP image… :gaycat7:

Edited by Feanor

It's Lemonade. Front loaded and did not stand the test of time by her own doing. Poor recurrent streams on Spotify, poor radio play, poor playlisting. The only way to listen to it for years was by purchasing a $18 album or having a Tidal subscription.

By the looks of it, Lemmy will never pass 4 in streams despite being closer to the streaming era and 4/IASF are the music referenced when the locals say they "miss her old music".

the people saying 4 are delusional. yes it came after IASF and its singles did not have great peaks, but it has two of her most recognizable songs globally "love on top" and "run the world". it's actually neck in neck with self titled in EAS (~10m)

Lemonade as iconic as it is, is a non event outside of the anglosphere, its songs have terrible recurrent sales/streams. and none of the songs on it are hits. Formation had the potential but it was ruined by bey herself. 

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.