Is being hypersexual in music dated at the moment?

shyboi

Is being hypersexual in music dated at the moment?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Is being hypersexual in music dated at the moment?

• Yes, we left it in 2020.
    • No, we just need a good horny bop and it will be relevant again.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• Armani?

• NEUTRON

• Blue Rose

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexy Redd is the breakout star of 2023 and her lyrics are extremely raunchy. Non sexual albums have always slayed next to the sexy songs. Nothing has changed 

Yes, thank god. It's so boring especially when they hide tired shock tactics behind "feminism." 

15 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Sexy Redd is the breakout star of 2023 and her lyrics are extremely raunchy. Non sexual albums have always slayed next to the sexy songs. Nothing has changed 

ATRL doesn't know who she is yet I don't think nnn

• Haha 5

yes, its super dated :gaycat7:

1 hour ago, Blue Rose said:

you are delusional if you think sexy redd will see any success outside of us locals

5 minutes ago, sweetkiss said:

you are delusional if you think sexy redd will see any success outside of us locals

WAP was a global smash. There’s definitely a global audience for her. Don’t count her out yet 

I think songs that touch in sexual topics are fine, but songs exclusively about sex and sold with sex in mind are things we are generally beyond.

23 minutes ago, What_A_Mess said:

Wasn’t Sam Smith just dominating recently?

UNHOLY dominated, but the only the song, and it's not even that explicit. Their hypersexual persona was not very well received which is a shame because people should mind their business 

I mean even Taylor and Olivia songs are about bodies/sex? “Perfect all American lips, perfect all American hips” what do you think that lyrics is meant to evoke

But yeah the WAP-style sex songs “put you dick in me” are kinda out rn

Yes, there's no shock factor to it anymore. Sam and Troye tried to push it but everyone was like 'mmm, well, next'

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

WAP was a global smash. There’s definitely a global audience for her. Don’t count her out yet 

global smash? not even entering top 100 in lots of countries. i just checked randomly south korea its outside of 120.

even in europe it wasnt a hit. 

i see number ones in only english speaking countries and thats far from global. cardi in general is extremely local (and meghan too)

1 minute ago, sweetkiss said:

global smash? not even entering top 100 in lots of countries. i just checked randomly south korea its outside of 120.

even in europe it wasnt a hit. 

i see number ones in only english speaking countries and thats far from global. cardi in general is extremely local (and meghan too)

Damn. Well good luck to her!! She is still my breakout artist of the year 

No the artists who do sex just aren't charting :giraffe:

5 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

There’s definitely a global audience for her. Don’t count her out yet 

Yeah...Sexy Redd definitely isn't being marketed for WW audiences lol

Her image is very US centric for Urban audiences. Have you seen her Instagram lol

She'd just have to get lucky with a song. At the moment, she has no non US city in her top 10 on Spotify. Not even London or Toronto.

23 hours ago, shyboi said:

we need nas to make a comeback!

Nas released a project not too long ago.

Yes selling sex is not the thing right now. Gaga this is your moment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.