Would you rather be a Hot or Talented popstar?

shyboi

Would you rather be a Hot or Talented popstar?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather be a Hot or Talented popstar?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shyboi

• JustLikeHoney

• Devin

• DeepEnd

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Yeah I read. Doesn't change my opinion. 

But i literally said that the talented people are beautiful AND HOT but their talent is more important for the GP.  But ok.

3 minutes ago, shyboi said:

didn't i write this on the OP people? 

2. TALENTED

You are BEAUTIFUL / HOT but your raw talent and iconic stage presence really sets you apart in the eyes of the general public.

True its just coming off like ur dictating who is hot enough to you. :skull: Maybe I’m wrong, sorry in advance.

Just now, Devin said:

True its just coming off like ur dictating who is hot enough to you. :skull: Maybe I’m wrong, sorry in advance.

Yes, you are wrong. At the beginning i even wrote that i picked those images to illustrate my point. 

Is not hypocritical to say that looks were very important for some pop stars, is just the industry.

Let's be brutally honest. In the entertainment industry, as a woman, you need to have a certain level of attractiveness to succeed. In the current environment, possessing talent but lacking conventional attractiveness can feel unrewarding, it's not poetic, romantic or interesting to people. Lots of these pop girls might not have reached their level of fame if they didn't conform to conventional beauty standards. Have you ever wondered why Taylor Swift is so successful? That's one of the reasons, I'm sorry. This is a harsh reality. So I choose Hot because it could potentially open doors for me and make me more appealing to a broader audience. This would allow me to present myself as a great artist, even if it means projecting a certain image to others through PR strategies.

Edited by better than revenge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mind you, this is not even about those popstars in particular but more about YOU.  

If you were a popstar what would matter more? Being hot or talented? Ain't rocket science but iykyk 

4 minutes ago, better than revenge said:

Let's be brutally honest. In the entertainment industry, as a woman, you need to have a certain level of attractiveness to succeed. In the current environment, possessing talent but lacking conventional attractiveness can feel unrewarding, it's not poetic, romantic or interesting to people. Lots of these pop girls might not have reached their level of fame if they didn't conform to conventional beauty standards. Have you ever wondered why Taylor Swift is so successful? That's one of the reasons, I'm sorry. This is a harsh reality. So I choose Hot because it could potentially open doors for me and make me more appealing to a broader audience. This would allow me to present myself as a great artist, even if it means projecting a certain image to others through PR strategies.

Thank you! Exactly my point. Finally. 

Being hot every day. Being famous is literally the worst thing ever in my opinion, a nightmare.

JustLikeHoney
13 minutes ago, shyboi said:

But i literally said that the talented people are beautiful AND HOT but their talent is more important for the GP.  But ok.

Maybe you should change it from hot and talented to Entertainers vs Vocalists. Both are super talented in their own ways. But I  don't want to be disrespectful. Just as example Britney onstage at the VMAs with the snake is undeniable stage presence and talent. You couldn't pluck a random Miss America contestant throw a snake on her shoulders and expect the same outcome. Britney had that audience in the palm of her hands. Maybe she doesn't have that now but lots of vocalists also lose their abilities with age and other things. I do think entertainers benefit more from being beautiful than vocalists. 

By the way. I don't think you meant anything bad by your OP. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Maybe you should change it from hot and talented to Entertainers vs Vocalists. Both are super talented in their own ways. But I  don't want to be disrespectful. Just as example Britney onstage at the VMAs with the snake is undeniable stage presence and talent. You couldn't pluck a random Miss America contestant throw a snake on her shoulders and expect the same outcome. Britney had that audience in the palm of her hands. Maybe she doesn't have that now but lots of vocalists also lose their abilities with age and other things. I do think entertainers benefit more from being beautiful than vocalists. 

By the way. I don't think you meant anything bad by your OP. 

I understand your point but entertainers can be vocalists too. Like Gaga. 

Talent. But substantial talent. Like SZA..  really? She’s an ok singer that writes good top lines over tracks & plays no instruments. And? No shade, just facts, she was an ugly duckling when she started & was irrelevant. Came back with everything either filled up or snatched back, singing about Plan B, raw dogging & cum & suddenly the world’s obsessed. She relies on sex appeal. She’d still be a nobody if she didn’t transform into a booty mag model.

• Thumbs Down 1

Talent by far. Only relying on your looks will leave you with a career like Heidi Montag or Iggy Azalea. Also, looks fade. Talent usually doesn't.

Some pop stars, such as Xtina, are lucky enough to have both extreme talent and beauty.

thumb_111.jpg

5 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Talent. But substantial talent. Like SZA..  really? She’s an ok singer that writes good top lines over tracks & plays no instruments. And? No shade, just facts, she was an ugly duckling when she started & was irrelevant. Came back with everything either filled up or snatched back, singing about Plan B, raw dogging & cum & suddenly the world’s obsessed. She relies on sex appeal. She’d still be a nobody if she didn’t transform into a booty mag model.

This is NOT ABOUT the popstars, I didn't even mentioned their names

This is about  YOU, what would be more important for YOUR CAREER. 

Y'ALL DONT READ 

And Sza is beautiful! 

6 minutes ago, Jooj said:

Its hard to deny talent whereas beauty/sexiness is extremely subjective.

So talent :cm:

Talent can be subjective too.

JustLikeHoney
20 minutes ago, shyboi said:

I understand your point but entertainers can be vocalists too. Like Gaga. 

True. 

I feel like how your looks relate to the type of music you make can matter more. Like being average and more plain-looking than most celebrities can sell certain types of music more than being like inhumanely gorgeous and trying to come off as relatable. 

20 minutes ago, La Reina said:

Talent by far. Only relying on your looks will leave you with a career like Heidi Montag or Iggy Azalea. Also, looks fade. Talent usually doesn't.

Some pop stars, such as Xtina, are lucky enough to have both extreme talent and beauty.

thumb_111.jpg

jessie-j.gif

1 minute ago, secretgarden said:

I'm already both

Tbh only Beyoncé can be both. Like realistically speaking, there's no doubt about her talent or looks.  Nothing is subjective. Everybody agrees that she is both beautiful and talented, there's no in between.

Talented of course.

• Like 1

For career purposes talent

But being hot in general opens more doors in life for normal people

Intelligence tho, destroys both combined

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.