Cardi B & Megan Thee Stallion - "Bongos"

Azulito

Hmm. I have A LOT of thoughts (now that all the rumors are confirmed to be true). 

Let me just say for now somebody in the other thread described this as pulling the "emergency lever" and this is exactly what this is. Anyway

• Like 2

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stepfon

• theweekend

• Diet Pepsi

• punisher

This won't work. Can't repeat the exact same formula three years later sweetie. It will never work.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Curious release date & the fact that she said she’s “done with collaborations” aside, I’m curious to hear what this’ll sound like. I’m hearing that it doesn’t sample anything now? Which is a shame because the rumoured sample was actually fire. 

It’s giving formulaic & hit-curated at first instance & I fail to see how it’ll showcase either of their evolution or musical growth, but I suppose it’s needed as a reintroduction of sorts, after a notable absence from Meg & a streak of underperformances from Cardi. I’m sure it’ll do well. 

I’d hoped Meg’s comeback would’ve been a solo & this was saved for a second release, but I understand the logic behind this strategy. 

The cover serves clown, oddly, one thing she usually does well is visuals. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Great cover. Loved it. 

A LOT is depending on this song. 

She needs to make it a smahy smash other wise... :rip:

If she'll sample this bongos song.. She will end everyone 

• Thanks 1

im very excited for this 

will there be a mv ready for week 1? and is cardi confirmed to perform at the vmas? and with megan? :superman:

I really hope we get something energetic and catchy this time

WAP was more of a shock-factor, comedic hit and it didn’t even have a fixed chorus lol. So I’m hoping that this song is the opposite and is fun and playful

1 minute ago, simplywohoo said:

im very excited for this 

will there be a mv ready for week 1? and is cardi confirmed to perform at the vmas? and with megan? :superman:

Oh there will be a mv that “makes WAP look tame!” She said she got the highest budget she’s ever gotten for this song so expect the best

And they were seen going to rehearsals together so they most likely will be a performance :jonny:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, punisher said:

Oh there will be a mv that “makes WAP look tame!” She said she got the highest budget she’s ever gotten for this song so expect the best

And they were seen going to rehearsals together so they most likely will be a performance :jonny:

oh damn i am ready :WAP:

1 hour ago, chaneloberlin said:

Hmm. I have A LOT of thoughts (now that all the rumors are confirmed to be true). 

Let me just say for now somebody in the other thread described this as pulling the "emergency lever" and this is exactly what this is. Anyway

Emergency lever is the perfect description!!

Hope this is a smash anyways. I love her.

11 minutes ago, punisher said:

Finally female rap will be exciting again with Doja's new album and a new Cardi era:jonny6:

The cover is a serve and half.

Very excited for Meg's comeback.

5 minutes ago, airplane said:

“solo”

Why do you care so much for a proclaimed Cardi hater…?

And by solo she most likely meant it’s HER song

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 3

16 minutes ago, airplane said:

“solo”

Right! Which is how I've always received what she meant. 

Cardi, who I love, kinda rambles a fair bit. So, her saying "solo single" in this context could means (and clearly now means) no more jumping on other people's songs or doing spot charity collabs. This a Cardi B-led song that clearly seems setup to be the lead single from her album.

"Reading is...fundamental"

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, chaneloberlin said:

It really feels like this

the clownish cover is cute i guess, i can't wait for the song, didn't listen to anything but jealousy (which sucked) since UP, so ready :duca: 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.