does taylor deserve 50% of olivia's deja vu royalties?

Asscatchem

438 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• fair
    • not fair

2 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Taylor doesn't have to do ****. Olivia's team clearly got spooked with the G4U/Paramore situation and it was damaging her brand when all her songs were being dissected and compared to other songs (ie. Brutal). So they overcompensated as preemptive measure.

The fact that this conversation is now spilling over to her 2nd album launch is problematic.

Taylor actually received credits on Deja Vu before Paramore officially got their credits on G4U, and they allegedly changed their minds due to Taylor's influence. 

• Like 1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlossomSoul

• WavesOfLust

• Cruel Summer

• Asscatchem

No and it was kinda cruel of her to take from a young star who was a FAN of her like that

6 minutes ago, WavesOfLust said:

Taylor actually received credits on Deja Vu before Paramore officially got their credits on G4U, and they allegedly changed their minds due to Taylor's influence. 

Like I said, preemptive measure.

2 hours ago, rihannafan said:

I don't understand how Taylor can reconcile her complaints about Scooter owning her music and then doing this (let alone her own plagiarized songs). Odd all-around.

How many times should Swifties have to tell you all that OLIVIA HERSELF GAVE THE CREDITS TO TAYLOR/JACK/ST. VINCENT even if the trio did NOT ask for it? Can you PLEASE provide any RELIABLE reports stating that Taylor demanded the song credits?

If you cannot do this, please, PLEASE just leave the thread because you are so very stressful to deal with. YOU REFUSE TO TAKE BOTH SIDES and just decided to go the side that complements your hatred towards Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BtDecember said:

How many times should Swifties have to tell you all that OLIVIA HERSELF GAVE THE CREDITS TO TAYLOR/JACK/ST. VINCENT even if the trio did NOT ask for it? Can you PLEASE provide any RELIABLE reports stating that Taylor demanded the song credits?

If you cannot do this, please, PLEASE just leave the thread because you are so very stressful to deal with. YOU REFUSE TO TAKE BOTH SIDES and just decided to go the side that complements your hatred towards Taylor.

Gurl what

10 minutes ago, Rep2000 said:

Like I said, preemptive measure.

Nothing about it was preemptive. Taylor went after credits and was instrumental in getting Paramore to go from “you have my blessing” to “we want publishing now” — Olivia was pressured into doing it, and was too early in her career to go up against Taylor Swift and her fans as she was just starting out and many of those fans overlapped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WavesOfLust said:

Nothing about it was preemptive. Taylor went after credits and was instrumental in getting Paramore to go from “you have my blessing” to “we want publishing now” — Olivia was pressured into doing it, and was too early in her career to go up against Taylor Swift and her fans as she was just starting out and many of those fans overlapped.

[source pending]

Absolutely not.

and knowing how Taylor moves, she’s gonna try to reconcile with Olivia when she’s as PR for a new era and when she can financially benefit from it  :rip:

• Like 1

Just now, Gui Blackout said:

[source pending]

I don't care whether you believe me or not, it's just what happened 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thats just because olivia is afraid to be called copycat

she could have told taylor first like 1sf 3sb

No, the songs are not similar enough to warrant it, but if Olivia and her team are willing to open their purse for Taylor - more power to her. It's not like she asked for Olivia's pennies that she doesn't need. It certainly raises your profile and influence when you have other artists putting it out there that they're inspired by your work.

13 minutes ago, WavesOfLust said:

Hah, please. You meant the homophobic Josh Farro flop (who shaded Olivia before that btw) just wanted to give Olivia his blessing?!? Give me a break with these fanfictions. :rip: You all lost it.

Nope. The Olivia plagiarism case is so overblown cuz they dont even sound that similar at all. If inspiration is grounds for plagiarism, then popular music would’ve never blossomed into the cultural behemoth it is today. 

no, the similarities were not great enough to receive 50% of all of the song's royalties. that must've been so disheartening for olivia to be accused of plagiarism. 

no, the song doesn't even sound alike

that's like if Sara Bareilles sued Katy Perry for Roar sounding like Brave, that would be silly (though it actually does sound alike)

4 hours ago, moo said:

Deserves 100%. She made that ***** famous.

This is true though most will get mad at you for saying it. I would never had listened to Olivia if not for the Taylor connections. 

Who is ATRL to decide? :laugh: 

It's been decided and she gets 50%. 

Case closed. 

Yes. Miss Rodrigo should learn how to be original.

4 hours ago, WavesOfLust said:

A good two-part TikTok that delves into the feud and includes information on the Reddit insider who informed this was going to happen before it did: 

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjFSayr2/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjFSSWWu/

Wait not this insider said Taylor made Paramore go for credits :ghostface: deserves its own thread

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.