does taylor deserve 50% of olivia's deja vu royalties?

Asscatchem

438 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• fair
    • not fair

now that its confirmed taylor receives a monthly royalty check in perpetuity totaling 50% of deja vu's revenue, what is the atrl consensus of that #?

Edited by Asscatchem
  • Haha 3

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlossomSoul

• WavesOfLust

• Cruel Summer

• Asscatchem

I personally don't think so but Olivia gave that 50% to them as her initiative so we should respect her decision for that.

Edited by Jude
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

So, either:

1. Taylor can't reject the co-write credit (for whatever reason). Or,

2. She can reject the credit, but is choosing not to. 

Either way, a line from a bridge is not worth 50%. 

Edited by hawx23

No, the song isn't good. She should've asked 50% of G4U or Brutal :clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Its 50% between the 3. And yes, if someone uses your art and not even acknowledges credit, you can even go to trial. She got it cheap

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 9

The same as should Paramore have 50% of G4U? Olivia's team was over-compensating imo.

Edited by Rep2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

no but honestly I feel like majority blame should go to her old management for kinda ******* her over with their lack of negotiation skills 

Next time Olive knows not to steal :)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Nope, but this is what Olivia's team decided to hand out to avoid controversy. 

I don’t understand why ATRL is so angry about Taylor getting half of deja vu but doesn’t seem to care about Paramore getting G4U, Ariana having to give away 90% of 7 rings, Stevie Nicks getting 50% of bootylicious and so on. 

Yes it’s a lot, the royalty rates for samples are ridiculous but it’s a systemic problem in the music industry not a problem with Taylor Swift. 

• Like 10

Good thing real world doesn't work on atrl's feelings and the title is factually wrong because she's receiving 22.5% 

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Kodak Energy said:

I don’t understand why ATRL is so angry about Taylor getting half of deja vu but doesn’t seem to care about Paramore getting G4U, Ariana having to give away 90% of 7 rings, Stevie Nicks getting 50% of bootylicious and so on. 

Yes it’s a lot, the royalty rates for samples are ridiculous but it’s a systemic problem in the music industry not a problem with Taylor Swift. 

word on the street is taylor was the catalyst and called up hayley to extract olivia even more

and the ari example is not accurate:michael:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Me to ATRL for the next week and a half after Olivia drops GUTS, when people keep making threads about this issue neither girl has or will address directly for the time being:

Did Taylor get 50% of Taylor PLUS Jack and St. Vincent get 50%?

Olivia thinks that Taylor and the other Cruel Summer writers deserve the said portion and I agree with her.

Understandably, Olivia HERSELF gave the credits to Taylor/Jack/St. Vincent WITHOUT the trio asking for it.

4 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

word on the street is taylor was the catalyst and called up hayley to extract olivia even more

and the ari example is not accurate:michael:

What a beautiful song:katie2:

The 90% of 7 rings’ royalties is accurate unfortunately. 

https://pitchfork.com/news/90-of-ariana-grandes-7-rings-royalties-go-to-rodgers-and-hammerstein/

Gwen Stefani also had to give away 50% of Wind It Up for a sample. 

25 minutes ago, DatChickDoe said:

Nope. Taylor is a Billionaire and it is super tacky she is doing this. 

Thankfully, Taylor NEVER asked for it and that 50% of songwriting credit that Olivia HERSELF "gave out" is divided among Taylor, Jack Antonoff, and St. Vincent. Hopefully you understand that.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.