Where are Taylor's international units coming from?

Aethereal

one look at any Spotify Artists Chart in any country will have your mystery solved ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aethereal

• orange22

• Rep2000

• Axelios

3 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Shenzhen mostly…

you know it’s funny how she was local before her ecoterrorism era 

She was never "local" aside maybe from her debut. There's a reason her second album Fearless outsold all Rihanna and Beyonce albums globally

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Miley Cyrus said:

From fraud

I guess that amount of album units must seem like fraud for a Miley fan

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Taylena said:

pvReSuQ.png

And we all believed it...  :clap:

CcLE0RO.gif

"I am not an OTH"

*Creates thread trying to get her dragged*

Edited by Taeyong

Again it's the same fanbase 

And then they will make threads about how Swifties are toxic

Notice how it's same group of people too. It's so tiring atp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Official Source : Fake

What we can actually see daily : Fake

What we can actually calculate: Fake

What's true : What Navys tell us :giraffe:

Thank you

This is going to be the summary of this thread 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You know what's funny

Taylor was not the one whose sales were audited by Billboard 

Remixes ,versions whatever, her sales are organic and real

Those other 2 fanbases have history of their faves using fake sales

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Axelios said:

I guess that amount of album units must seem like fraud for a Miley fan

Is this the thanks that I get for putting you ******* on…

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Taylena said:

pvReSuQ.png

And we all believed it...  :clap:

CcLE0RO.gif

This post was written literally 4 hours ago and in a popular thread, do you think I am that stupid to not be aware if I wanted to hide something?

Not this thread already filled with people who are currently using another top thread to hate on her :deadbanana: this is genuinely concerning behavior 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orange22 said:

Is this the thanks that I get for putting you ******* on…

spacer.png

The fact that no Miley/Hannah Montana outsold Taylor 2006 debut :heart:

1 minute ago, Axelios said:

The fact that no Miley/Hannah Montana outsold Taylor 2006 debut :heart:

Speaking of Taylor 2006 debut…

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

First of all we can check streams on Spotify that easily match this ratio.

https://x.com/spotify_data/status/1690546101466918913?s=46&t=24CtTnb6gufdCKbiW0a87Q

https://x.com/spotify_data/status/1690542778550472705?s=46&t=24CtTnb6gufdCKbiW0a87Q

112M global & 40M US that’s around 35%, the same percentage you got based on units.

Based on HITSDD report we also know she has 23M global streams & 9B US streams, again 39%~.

Also this is 2023 stats which probably have US having a bigger boost than the rest of the world considering she was currently touring there. Therefore is not crazy to assume her % was smaller before to complete the gap on album sales that clearly the US win at.

And even then sales gap is not that much US carried. Here we can see Midnights sold 3M WW with over 1B streams, but we know it had 550M streams in US and 1.1M album sales totaling 1.5M units, so best case scenario it had other 550M out of the US which would mean it needs also 1.1M sales to get the remaining 1.5M units.

https://x.com/chartdata/status/1586813658423693312?s=46&t=24CtTnb6gufdCKbiW0a87Q

Spotify is her most gobal platform so the fact it matches her WW units is not really good sign.  And she probably got an international boost from touring.

I guess if you consider 3200 ad streams=1 album unit then her US Spotify units must over 40%. (Maybe 50% in 2022)

And are you forgetting how American centric Apple Music and Amazon music are? What about her 2 million pure US sales which are counted in the 8M units?

Edited by Aristotle
  • Thumbs Down 1

Fuming over chartmasters because they're not "official" but then refusing to believe numbers reported by reputable sources :dies:

Taylor ended your hag faves, deal with it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The "backfire" arguments in this thread:

7xq78l.jpg

using a meme as argument now :rip:

Navys are so ****ing annoying :juanny:

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, liam13 said:

shes not beyonce tidal

LIke .......

The absolute NERVE 

giphy.gif

I cannot imagine the misery some people live in. The way Taylor’s success elicits such a rabid need to tear her down, which is ultimately always in vain :ahh: 

1 hour ago, Chartman said:

Taylor had 14 Billion Spotify streams in 2022. Chartmasters roughly credits it by the margin of 1.5 for every artist in his formula, before dividing them by 1500 to get album equivalent units.

You say 60% of her Spotify streams are from outside the USA. 8.5 billion international Spotify streams= 12.75 Million CSPC. 8+12.75= 20.75 CSPC. The remaining units to 23 Million are international pure sales and streams converted to album units from China/Japan/South Korea services.

Why 1500? Isn’t that what the American charts use for paid streams? There’s a different ratio for unpaid streams. 

But every country establishes what a unit is in their own way based on their local music industry. For example, simply dividing streams by 1500 does not work for UK units. 

Unless I’m mistaken, I believe CM applies a blanket formula to every market in the world, which does not work. Not to mention, I’m pretty sure they use unfiltered streams which is just… :rip: 

42 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Spotify is her most gobal platform so the fact it matches her WW units is not really good sign.  And she probably got an international boost from touring.

I guess if you consider 3200 ad streams=1 album unit then her US Spotify units must over 40%. (Maybe 50% in 2022)

And are you forgetting how American centric Apple Music and Amazon music are? What about her 2 million pure US sales which are counted in the 8M units?

Spotify is the most globally used streaming platform + Amazon also has been growing alot in Europe and Asia in the last few years. Whatever point you're trying to make is not sticking 

Edited by burninredhot

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.