HYBE American gg to debut, press conference tomorrow in LA with 130 news orgs there

Gwendolyn

Edited by Gwendolyn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Windy Day

• FOCK

• Companion

• Sylpher

And they get 100% of Scooter’s attention. I smell a #1 

Please don’t be all korean girls 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, fememeist said:

Not every groups has all korean members?

OT: Between this and JYP. We'll see how this American girl groups will turns out :matty:

Did they scout these girls from an Urban Outfitters down the block from their HQ?

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Lara got my vote 

Omg she’s beautiful :smitten: 

Damn, ma, is it that serious?

Wow, 130 media outlets you say? That's more than the opening day streaming numbers their single is about to receive :smiley:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigBangStan said:

Lara got my vote 

she's taking it your honor :WAP:

• ATRL Administrator

I hope this is diverse and talented. K-Pop is a fantastic industry that delivers stellar art. If they can take the good parts of that model and create groups here, the US is really about to see something special. :duca:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Century said:

Please god deliver what we all thought a2k was going to be. 

I didn't even watch the show, but ive seen pretty much every Meme of JYP on TikTok:rip:

it's so funny. 

2 hours ago, fememeist said:

There’s almost no kpop group with all Korean girls

Kinda perched for this :jonny: 

This is so… interesting. I think K-pop fans will tune in for about a week and forget about them and go back to paying attention to what’s coming out of Korea. It’s like when other countries license American shows because said American show has built a cult following in the country and the localized version pales in comparison and lasts a season. I will be perched to see what happens with this.

2 hours ago, BigBangStan said:

Lara got my vote 

gen z nicole scherzinger? 

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I hope this is diverse and talented. K-Pop is a fantastic industry that delivers stellar art. If they can take the good parts of that model and create groups here, the US is really about to see something special. :duca:

the kpop model will never fully work in the us like it's working in asia for the simple reason that the us culture and society is based around the individual and not around the group / community like in korea

that's also why groups in the west usually disband quickly while in korea they go on for decades

in other words, i wish these companies would stop trying to make these happen in the us and focus on their own industry because the quality of kpop atm is horrible and besides the main girl groups it's sorta dying in korea and it's just a fad in the west...

the western kpop audience will consume anything that's popular in korea either way so i'll never understand the use of ressources for these stupid projects :rip:

min heejin truly is the smartest person in kpop rn

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Windy Day said:

the kpop model will never fully work in the us like it's working in asia for the simple reason that the us culture and society is based around the individual and not around the group / community like in korea

that's also why groups in the west usually disband quickly while in korea they go on for decades

in other words, i wish these companies would stop trying to make these happen in the us and focus on their own industry because the quality of kpop atm is horrible and besides the main girl groups it's sorta dying in korea and it's just a fad in the west...

the western kpop audience will consume anything that's popular in korea either way so i'll never understand the use of ressources for these stupid projects :rip:

min heejin truly is the smartest person in kpop rn

danielle will be the beyonce of newjeans and mhj is making sure of it :fan:

4 hours ago, Windy Day said:

kpop atm is horrible and besides the main girl groups it's sorta dying in korea and it's just a fad in the west

why you lying? :skull:

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.