Do conservatives know trans men exist?

Tropez

A lot of the vitriol seem to be directed towards trans women. However, nearly every argument they have falls apart once you mention trans men.

Like bathrooms. That’s their usual go to. However, they would freak out if they see a burly dude with a full on beard walking into the women’s room. They literally go on and on about women’s sports. But they don’t care about women’s sports, and have no issue with trans men in men’s sports. 

And it’s not like the numbers are different. There’s about an equal amount with both trans men and women. 

• Like 1

I literally don’t think most of them do. They see trans-ness entirely as some kind of sexual perversion that “biological men” experience and perpetrate. Their hate blinds them to any part of the human experience outside their own, so they not only fail to see trans women as women and as people who just want to live a life wherein their body matches their mind, but also fail to even register that a transition across the opposite direction of the gender binary is even a thing that happens. They don’t even register that trans men are a thing. It’s the same reason they struggle so much with the concept of non-binary people. But true to form, when they do recognize that trans men exist, they hate them all the same - TERFs, I’ve read, see them as “confused lesbians” or something, as people led astray by the idea that gender is non-static. And they somehow think that’s not hate, too.

It’s a mindset entirely born out of being small-minded, short-sighted, and hateful, giving oneself completely to hate of anything “other.”

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Only when it fits their narrative. See: when they (falsely) claim trans men don't fight for the right to participate in men's sports.

Imo, I think it’s because transwomen are extremely vocal and persistent about integrating to spaces that’s solely for biological women. That and they’re usually the face of perversions and such. 

As long as transwomen/transmen aren’t bothering anybody, I don’t see the problem. Live and let live 

Edited by fijitears
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

It's rooted in misogyny. Just like TERFs they think of trans men as confused women who will find the right man to marry and have many children with and convert back. Also imo gay men are far less likely to get violent if they encounter a trans man than straight men when they hit on a trans woman.

It's not because trans women are any more vocal or out there, conservatives just can't stand the idea of a passing trans woman and what that entails in terms of reproduction, which seems to be a big topic lately, and attraction, which tends to cause violence.

Similarly gay men are more despised than lesbians and two girls kissing is forgiven and even appropriate because it's "hot"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m not saying I agree completely, but these are the arguments:

There seems to be no need to discuss trans men in sports because the “unfairness” lies with trans woman competing against cis women due to a biological advantage. Trans men competing against cis men don’t have a biological advantage, in fact they would have a disadvantage. So that’s seen as fair game and doesn’t get mentioned.

Edited by Chaos Angel

Femininity is demonized at every level of society and in literally every possible context. The queer double standard will exist as long as that form of misogyny does.

Edited by Century
  • Like 1

It's kind of like how hate for gay men is much more publicised and discussed than lesbians

• Like 1

someone mentioned this on R*ddit and it's true.. but as someone on there said it seems that society only cares about the things that straight men prioritize/care about. story as old as time.

Our society glorifies masculinity, so a woman desiring to become more masculine can be tolerated (or even celebrated in some cases), but a man desiring to be less masculine must be ridiculed and humiliated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saintlor said:

It's kind of like how hate for gay men is much more publicised and discussed than lesbians

Whats your problem with Lebanese people? :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator

Their targeted hatred towards transwomen is because they innately feel transwomen are "downgrading" to femininity whereas transmen are "upgrading" to masculinity. They hate both, but misogyny compels them to target transwomen more.

Duh, I guess you never seen Survivor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.