Timbaland f/ Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake - "Keep Going Up"

reymiu

• ATRL Moderator
14 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

Timbaland lost it a while ago... And JT was not needed here.

Nelly's the one who shines.

this was super cute though

• Like 2

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• okgo

• Dark Miracles

• reymiu

• Frozen99

I hope they’ll start to tease this soon: they basically recorded something together as their precious collaborations go viral every other day, so they need to make ppl aware for this to be (moderately) successful 

I will be streaming no-stop for the Queen regardless tho, I have been missing her voice so much

ESPN announced today that Grammy-winning music producer Timbaland and global superstar Justin Timberlake will work with ESPN throughout the 2023-24 NFL season to curate music for select Monday Night Football games. The curated music from Timbaland and Timberlake will run in Monday Night Football promotional spots, live telecasts and pre-game shows for seven weeks this season.

For the first act of the curation, Timbaland and Timberlake – alongside Canadian singer-songwriter Nelly Furtado  – are releasing a new single, ‘Keep Going Up’ via Mosley Music Group/Def Jam Recordings, which will be the track for ESPN’s Week 1 Monday Night Football promotional spot featuring Aaron Rodgers’ New York Jets debut against the Buffalo Bills.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2023/08/espn-announces-monday-night-football-music-collaboration-with-grammy-winning-artists-timbaland-justin-timberlake/

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, okgo said:

ESPN announced today that Grammy-winning music producer Timbaland and global superstar Justin Timberlake will work with ESPN throughout the 2023-24 NFL season to curate music for select Monday Night Football games. The curated music from Timbaland and Timberlake will run in Monday Night Football promotional spots, live telecasts and pre-game shows for seven weeks this season.

For the first act of the curation, Timbaland and Timberlake – alongside Canadian singer-songwriter Nelly Furtado  – are releasing a new single, ‘Keep Going Up’ via Mosley Music Group/Def Jam Recordings, which will be the track for ESPN’s Week 1 Monday Night Football promotional spot featuring Aaron Rodgers’ New York Jets debut against the Buffalo Bills.

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2023/08/espn-announces-monday-night-football-music-collaboration-with-grammy-winning-artists-timbaland-justin-timberlake/

Sounds like it will slap!

• Like 1

Sounds fire :heart:

Just this summer TheWeeknd x Madonna x Playboy Carti - Popular (which sound kinda similar to Timbaland sound) became a moderate hit globally

Praying that Nelly will have her comeback 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

I just heard give it to me in the club yesterday and it slaps hard.

Hopefully this can serve that old school bop sound.

yeah this is a borefest. its another song which Is just a song, anyone can make and is not catchy or good. its gonna flop

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

yeah this is a borefest. its another song which Is just a song, anyone can make and is not catchy or good. its gonna flop

What Happened to You : Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing |  Amazon.com.br

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, okgo said:

I might be a bit biased as hearing her voice over new music hits me every time, but it sounds very good (Nelly’s verse >>> JT’s)

5 minutes ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

I might be a bit biased as hearing her voice over new music hits me every time, but it sounds very good (Nelly’s verse >>> JT’s)

Yasss her voice sounds so good on the beat

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

It sounds catchy and good tho? :sad: I understand its more midtempo and you prob wanted another full on banger like Give It to Me (that would likely flop either way) however it seems to be a perfectly serviceable easy breezy bop

Edited by okgo

35 minutes ago, okgo said:

Nelly :sosad: I got shivers

Why is only Timbo seemingly posting about this on socials tho

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

Nelly :sosad: I got shivers

Why is only Timbo seemingly posting about this on socials tho

Prob cuz it's his single but they've been sharing on their stories and might post once it's out too I'd say?

It does sound good actually. expecting a song of the same level of GITM meant putting yourself up for disappointment. 

and it was smart of them to push this trio thing, the Timbaland f/ Nelly or f/ Justin wouldn't have made the same noise. now people and radio are more likely to check it out.

We need Timbaland to stop with the adlibs, not only they are annoying, the song sounds a bit dated too. 

Nelly's part is lovely though and the chorus is better than I expected. 

2 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

Is this really the single cover I-

F4n1GjBXcAAKNbg?format=jpg&name=medium

it's cute? :sad: hopefully there's a lyric video or sumn

I'd rather that than a Bang Bang type of cover and btw where's this Nelly photo from is it a new official promo?

F4YYoXtWkAE4TEa?format=jpg&name=medium

42 minutes ago, okgo said:

It sounds catchy and good tho? :sad: I understand its more midtempo and you prob wanted another full on banger like Give It to Me (that would likely flop either way) however it seems to be a perfectly serviceable easy breezy bop

yes the chorus with I keep going I keep going up Is good and catchy? well sis

Just now, TOKYO. said:

yes the chorus with I keep going I keep going up Is good and catchy? well sis

because "so give it to me give it to me give it to me" was peak creativity? its meant to be an earwormy pop hook and thats it

Ya, I really like Nelly vocals and delivery. Only real highlight for me though. Crisp and classic vocals 2006-08 sounding & on point as ever. Beats are similar (which I have no issue w/ at all) as that whole era is now considered 'throwback' but there's something missing. Give It Me, Morning After Dark etc...all sounded complete and next level. Unless there's something major missing, this is 1/2 a**ed production. Classic signature Timbalend drums are harder and maybe more updated (totally fine) but the rest of it sounds disconnected and dull. Found myself bored over it by the end of the clip lol. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.