+1.070 Audience

HOT AC
-- 41 TIMBALAND F/FURTADO/TIMBERLAKE Keep Going Up 343 0 343 1.505

+113 Spins
+113 Bullet
+0.376 Audience

not even a +2m day

ppaFuYQ.gif

considering the tragic streaming numbers those radio updates are amazing :deadbanana4:

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• okgo

• Dark Miracles

• reymiu

• Frozen99

3 minutes ago, Green said:

considering the tragic streaming numbers those radio updates are amazing :deadbanana4:

we need the big playlist curators to start feeling this song as much as radio programmers are asap

a collab like this should receive more instant streams from the jump for ppl to familiarize w it/know its out

Ia7qSS3.gif

They should’ve went harder with the song, something grittier would’ve been such a collapse. It sounds very soundtrack-ish tbh, would not be out of place next to The Other Side from Trolls.

Edited by Popboi.

6 minutes ago, Nashe said:

I bet they will come up with a stronger song. Hopefully with a prepared music video that time...

anythings possible but I doubt they're planning on releasing another song that soon though, especially when JT possibly has an NSYNC reunion and his own solo project coming and so does Nelly. plus Timbaland is supposedly releasing his EP In November too ..

they should focus on getting this as much attention and traction as they can because it could help all of their upcoming releases

1 minute ago, okgo said:

anythings possible but I doubt they're planning on releasing another song that soon though, especially when JT possibly has an NSYNC reunion and his own solo project coming and so does Nelly. plus Timbaland is supposedly releasing his EP In November too ..

they should focus on getting this as much attention and traction as they can because it could help all of their upcoming releases

I doubt they will do much with it given the initial reception. I guess they won't even do a music video now considering the bad streaming numbers? 

I'm hoping for a new song in the next month or two while Keep Going Up hopefully grows on radio at least! 

6 minutes ago, Nashe said:

I doubt they will do much with it given the initial reception. I guess they won't even do a music video now considering the bad streaming numbers? 

I'm hoping for a new song in the next month or two while Keep Going Up hopefully grows on radio at least! 

they couldnt possibly expect a much bigger debut when their releases have done nothing for years + this was put together last minute and the US playlisting is super weak. it was never gonna smash out the gate and it doesnt even feel like that type of song, it needs time to grow on ppl imo and all the exposure it can get for that to happen. they should take advantage of the reunion moment, people need to find out about it as no ones checking for them like that 

Is this their official song tho? The one they were promising? Maybe they are just testing the waters?

JT's voice sounds very whiny and tired, he is dragging the song down. Nelly and the other guy have great chemistry, always!

46 minutes ago, okgo said:

they couldnt possibly expect a much bigger debut when their releases have done nothing for years + this was put together last minute and the US playlisting is super weak. it was never gonna smash out the gate and it doesnt even feel like that type of song, it needs time to grow on ppl imo and all the exposure it can get for that to happen. they should take advantage of the reunion moment, people need to find out about it as no ones checking for them like that

I disagree. I think they were relying way too much on the nostalgia-factor and the frequent viral social media posts about Nelly's iconic Loose singles and their collabs thinking it would result in some bigger numbers. Playlisting is everything nowadays. If it's not set up from the get-go and the song is receiving mediocre reception, it's not gonna go anywhere. Radio is the only metric I can see it doing well in the long run....

27 minutes ago, Nashe said:

I disagree. I think they were relying way too much on the nostalgia-factor and the frequent viral social media posts about Nelly's iconic Loose singles and their collabs thinking it would result in some bigger numbers. Playlisting is everything nowadays. If it's not set up from the get-go and the song is receiving mediocre reception, it's not gonna go anywhere. Radio is the only metric I can see it doing well in the long run....

they are obv relying on nostalgia, in fact one could say it's the only thing they're relying on (along with whatever radio deal they got + the 1 week espn promo) but nostalgia doesn't automatically translate into streams if "no one" is aware it's out.. as I said the gp hasn't been checking for their releases in ages so how would they be aware of this one. if playlisting is everything nowadays - and it is - and this has mediocre playlisting, who's to say it can't grow if that improves? literally my point :skull: there's lots that could happen to make the song click at a larger scale, it just came out and they shouldn't move on from precisely taking full advantage of the "first collab in decades" factor just cuz it isn't smashing out of the gate

Edited by okgo

1st day : 1,001,955

2nd day1,563,895 (+561,940)

issa no from people I'm afraid

ppaFuYQ.gif

2 minutes ago, Braz said:

The radio payola... :deadbanana4:

?

what part of the +1.4M update screams payola to you?

5 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

1st day : 1,001,955

2nd day1,563,895 (+561,940)

issa no from people I'm afraid

ppaFuYQ.gif

any substantial playlist updates?

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

21 minutes ago, Starkboy said:

?

what part of the +1.4M update screams payola to you?

The radio deal it got on day 1 and the +350 Pop update on day 2...

The song is kind of boring, I had big expectations considering the smash’s they have us during the 2000s

Meh, not surprised. The song is better than what I expected from the snippet, but they must've KNOWN the song is not as good as their previous efforts

Even the top comments on Nelly's TikTok are disappointed and saying it didn't hit... :rip:

I mean what happened? Did they rush through the songwriting or something? How did they get it so wrong?

The streaming numbers are to be expected considering there is very little playlisting for the song.

This song's only (long) shot at success was always gonna be either radio backing it fully or blowing up on Tiktok.

Anywho still bopping

• Thanks 1

Anyone who thought this would be a huge hit it's either delulu or simply trolling :deadbanana4:

Anyways, still bopping to this

Dark Miracles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.