Timbaland f/ Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake - "Keep Going Up"

reymiu

6 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

Lackluster track. My expectations were pretty low but I was at least hoping for something cute. It's sad to say that it's clear these 3 don't even remotely have it anymore, and it's even more evident here they're together. 

The Weeknd imitated this sound with Madonna in Popular, and if his best imitation sounds more Timbaland/Timberlake/Furtado than Timbaland/Timberlake/Furtado themselves there's clearly something not working anymore.

!!! now that is exactly what they should have done 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• okgo

• Dark Miracles

• reymiu

• Frozen99

it’s cute, nothing more. like when the cast of a successful tv show reunites for a one-off special. just a gift for the fans, it’s not supposed to help them gain some new ones imo :michael:

I can’t wait for Nelly solo output, I just know she’s gonna surprise me as she always does :duca:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PoisonCandy said:

It feels like it's missing a chorus. Like, imagine if Give It To Me skipped the "if you see us in the club, we'll be acting real nice" part and just went straight to the "give it to me give it to me" part instead. That's what this feels like. It needs something to bridge the pre-chorus and the chorus.

it literally flows perfectly, no idea what you listened to

if anything, only the 20/20-ed outro should've been cut. it hurts its replay value

6 minutes ago, reymiu said:

This was not added to Today's Top Hits

:chick3:

Why on earth would it be added

• Haha 1

It's cute. What brings it down is the subject matter. 40somethings who were once the rulers of the charts singing about hope/"I'm still here" is kinda cheesy.

i like the nod to promiscuous at the start but it's mostly what the song is, a nod, it feels kinda empty. nelly shines through :heart2: 

but just as i thought justin was unnecessary and unneeded.

jt's vocals on the bridge :ahh:  

16 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

This beat sounds absolutely amazing tho

wait those beats, we need those!

Kinda surprised at the reaction, I mean it's not their best at all but I really like it! I do agree it's missing a catchy chorus but the vibes are there for me idk I'm bopping

After a few listens, I adore the track as I knew I would even if it’s not their best effort :flame:

I do wish Nelly was featured more, but this might be for the best: if it picks up, it might potentially translate into more interest for her catalog and upcoming material as she is definitely the best part of the song. At the end, you really wish there was more of her.

The only thing is that talking about new music constantly (without releasing much yet) and relying as much as she seems to be doing lately on her Loose days/collaborators are not necessarily a good idea, as that might lead to disappointment easily as far as the GP is concerned

In any case, I’ll be supporting and streaming her regardless. After 16363 years it just feels exciting that she is finally releasing something

Edited by GiulioLIFESTYLE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

It's cute. What brings it down is the subject matter. 40somethings who were once the rulers of the charts singing about hope/"I'm still here" is kinda cheesy.

Nelly talked briefly about her lyrics in the song like "working on my gains daily" in the EmRata interview and I found it quite poignant

4 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Nelly managing to sound so wistful on a banger. I don't know how she does it :heart:

TBH the single cover is really making me think this will be on the new Trolls movie soundtrack?

Timbaland and JT are actually the music curators for Monday Night Football on ESPN and this is the first song they’re releasing as part of that partnership.

A video at least 

Spoiler

:clap3:

• Like 1

You know people are craving for that big urban pop song given how many times Give It 2 Me, Say It Right, The Way I Are and most of Loose went viral and very clearly showed them what sound they needed to go for This is what they decided to come back with? They blew it, this is lame. 

I love it. Missed Nelly 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.