What year should Taylor Swift headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show?

Diesel is Desire

Taylor Swift - Super Bowl Halftime Show  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which year should Taylor Swift headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show?

taylor-swift-eras-tour-super-bowl.jpg

Since she's confirmed not to headline in 2024, which year should she headline the Super Bowl?

Edited by Taeyong

Maybe in 10 years. The Superbowl is for nostalgia or acts that passed their heyday but have a legacy. 

Taylor is bigger than the Super Bowl right now. So it would be doing them a favor. When it’s usually the Super Bowl doing a favor for the artist. 

I’d like it to happen in 2025. I know that’s a little early for many people, but it would cap off the Eras era with a bang, and she might even have a new studio album by then so it wouldn’t hurt in terms of promotion. I understand that it’s less common for current acts at their peak to do it, but it would still be cool to see. Otherwise I think it’ll be a while.

As a fan since her debut single, I hope for never.

• Like 2

None. She's too big for it.

Wait until at least all the TVs are out. Maybe 2027 at the earliest since I suppose her hype might have died down a bit by then. But you never know with her. I can’t see her needing to do it any time soon

The fact Taylor is so big that The Eras Tour should actually implement a halftime show that’s like a 15 minute quarter of (American) football :ahh: 

2026 the earliest, announcing a 360° stadium tour right after.

2025 as a closure to the 10 eras cycle and the eras tour would be iconic, and also she could even hint TS11 there to make it the end of a cycle and the start of a new one :WAP:

Also cause I heavily assume rep tv & debut tv gonna come next year along with the eras tour

Not anytime soon. Maybe at the end of the decade, to kick start her 3rd re-peak. 

Didn't she say she wanted to wait until all her re-recordings were done first? Anyways, I don't think she should perform for awhile. I miss when the Superbowl Halftime Show was a mega epic performance of stars that were already past their "peak" performing their greatest hits and I think it should remain that way. 

Edited by Black Jesus

Realistically, after she's finally taken a break from the constant releases and has a legitimate comeback. 

The Super Bowl had become so dumb like how artists are not paid and some of them have to cover some cost :rip:

Hopefully she don't do it her career wouldn't benefit from it.

Edited by ugo

Personally I would like her to release Reputation and debut in 2024 and then close out the “eras” era in 2025 with a spectacular Super Bowl performance. 

Then she can go radio silent for 8 months and release TS 11 with a new sound in November. 

And then it would be cool if she headlined the show again after 2035 (assuming humans are still around by then) 

Edited by byzantium
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, ugo said:

The Super Bowl had become so dumb like how artists are not paid and some of them have to cover some cost :rip:

Hopefully she don't do it her career wouldn't benefit from it.

Super Bowl artists have never been paid because the exposure from the show in the past really boosted album and tour sales. For most artists, they get enough benefits for it to be worth it.

Its bs that they are having artists cover more of the cost. I think the weeknd spent like 7 million on his performance and I don't think it got a good roi.

But ,yeah, right now Taylor is closed to maxed out for the album and tour sales so she needs to wait a few more years until she actually needs a bit of comeback.

thinking about 2030 gives me anxiety

2026 or 2027. She is touring the world for pretty much all of 2024 and has 2 more TVs to release that I imagine will not both be out until minimum end of 2024. We all know she is going to want to release a new album within the next 1-3 years as well either in middle of this process or right after the final TV.  She has a lot on her plate. SB requires months of dedication and preparation. 

There’s no rush for her to do it. She will break records regardless when she does it. Lol.

She should do it in 2025 to announce her next era at the end. 

Well the two main benefits of the Super Bowl are the boosts of your touring power and of your musical catalogue, neither of which she needs right now or is likely to lose in the near future.

If I were her, I would do the Super Bowl depending on how well her next tour sells. She'll always sell out her shows regardless, but if tickets sell out almost instantly again, then just keep pushing the Super Bowl further back. But if some cracks start to show, then I would do the Super Bowl for the tour after this next one.

So my guess: Around 2030/Early 2030s.

Edited by Feanor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.