Anitta dragged for being an industry plant. Do you agree?

Talento

3 hours ago, Talento said:

Sure but we're talking about the promo she gets in America :giraffe: Where's the energy people had with H.E.R.?

H.E.R. has a Double Platinum eligible album & 6 songs at least 3X Platinum eligible or higher in her catalogue.

ATRL just continues playing in her face like she's Tori Kelly.

Anyways most of the songs H.E.R. has performed on Grammys aren't even among her biggest songs aside from "Damage" (a year after release):rip:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talento

• liquiddiamonds

• LittleStarmen

• KatyPrismSpirit

7 minutes ago, Armani? said:

H.E.R. has a Double Platinum eligible album & 6 songs at least 3X Platinum or higher in her catalogue.

ATRL just continues playing in her face like she's Tori Kelly.

Anyways most of the songs H.E.R. has performed on Grammys aren't even among her biggest songs aside from "Damage" (a year after release):rip:

Exactly, and people still called H.E.R. an industry plant to the point she had to respond :giraffe: At least she got results!

she’s not an industry plant, she just sucks 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, PopNStuff said:

Some facts were spilled.

She keeps booking major performances and even scored a Grammy nomination (LOL), when she's maybe only had 1 streaming hit in the US. She's nowhere the level Karol G nor Bad Bunny are, even Becky G has more of a following in the US, and they don't get all the gigs she's getting.

She comes from Brazil. Shes not hispanic, that itself makes her carreer a huge achievement. There has never been a brazilian popstar/pop act global like her. Brazil is very different from Latin America in terms of music production and taste

31 minutes ago, LittleStarmen said:

She comes from Brazil. Shes not hispanic, that itself makes her carreer a huge achievement. There has never been a brazilian popstar/pop act global like her. Brazil is very different from Latin America in terms of music production and taste

And Karol G is from Colombia. 

The point still stands. Annita doesn't have any huge hits in the US (sans Envolver) so something isn't adding up.

Weren't everyone and their mothers complaining about how there's barely any new big artist? And yet when some 'new' artist gets a big push to become a household name they get dragged as 'industry plant' :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Industry plants are everywhere and in every industry/job. Your dad being the manager at your local McD and pulling the strings to get you a job as a cashier doesn't make you any less of a plant than these people.

Edited by dumbsparce
  • Haha 1

Whenever people complain about celebrities attending every award show I ctfu, if I was a C-List celebrity and I was getting invites to major events I would go to like who wouldn't :rip: 

She has a great agent who is doing the best to make her happen outside Brazil and it’s just not happening. Her music, voice and looks are extremely bland. Her personality is also trash 

i think Anitta biggest problem is........

Anitta is such a basic stage name. She should have something more iconic. Here in latinoamerica anita is a name for Abuelitas-Grannys :rip:
Her sexual reputation-overly sexual things damaged her appeal
Wrong producers and guiding
Is hard to smash when youre the first of your kind. She has the brazilian-portuguese backup and thats it.
Latino singers have it easily. So many spanish countries and big population of latinos in the states.
Like Littlestarmen said Anitta success is very impressive :siptea: She's like the Xuxa of this new generation

5 hours ago, LittleStarmen said:

This one. I love my brazilians sisters so much (so sweet and kind) but i dont like when they act like   LATINOAMERICA = BRAZIL. 
Sorry but no. Were totally different cultural wise-idea wise. The language barrier is still a big big wall.
Brazil feels latinoamerican in so many things but at the same time theyre not.
We have a brotherhood between Colombia-Mexico-Peru-Argentina-Costa Rica....ETC cause we grew up with similar ideas and shows-music in spanish.  Mutual exchange of ideas.
There are 4 bubbles in the americas.   

-Quebec-French Guyana
-The Northamericans-Caribbean Nations-Southamerican Centroamerican english nations like Suriname-Belize
-Latinoamerican Spanish Speakers
-Brazil :siptea:

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Thumbs Down 1

can we retire this term 

I'm brazilian. She used to be an interesting artist around 2016~2018, but now she's completely lost. She is also too problematic, didn't speak out publicly against Bolsonaro (despite of 99% of her fanbase being LGBTQ+ or progressive). Kisses and Versions of Me are AWFUL, her non-album singles are not interesting anymore and she's now a MESS. If you see a brazilian talking something good about her, it's because they're her fan. And yes, I can say she's an industry plant.

11 hours ago, PopNStuff said:

And Karol G is from Colombia. 

The point still stands. Annita doesn't have any huge hits in the US (sans Envolver) so something isn't adding up.

Colombia is spanish speaking therefore hispanic and as result a natural appeal to 60million latinos in the US

Anitta is from brazil and speaks portuguese, she cant sing in her language if she wants the global appeal. This is not so easy to solve

She'd smash harder if she attempted to introduce the Brazilian funk sound she had to the American audience instead of the generic mess she's been releasing 

Not only is she a industry plant. Shes a ungrateful and failed plant. How many times did she try to get a pop crossover under the guise of being the “first Brazilian”. And i doubt she actually has fans. It seems extremely botted. This woman has zero hits yet gets regarded as some Brazilian Shakira . Dear lordttt

12 minutes ago, Billionaire said:

She'd smash harder if she attempted to introduce the Brazilian funk sound she had to the American audience instead of the generic mess she's been releasing 

Brazilian funk literally failed 30 times. Only time she got a “hit” was with envolver

well

i'm brazilian and i can tell you that yes she used to be big here, she's more a celebrity now

she is a terrible person, bad singer, bad performer, just release trash music and don't even had an identity 

and the reason that she don't happen outside of here is because the universe is fair sometimes :bird:

Edited by cyberpunkgoth

I am Brazilian, what I can say is that we dream of having an international popstar, we like to share our culture. Before Anitta we had some crossover artists, but pop was pretty much dead in Brazil until Anitta came investing in videos (here the main artists usually release live videos / live albums as a rule, studio albums are rare), she invested on youtube, before her no one cared putting videos on youtube (i'm talking brazil) and she released full eras with several well produced videos (for our standards then, they were low).

I really cheered for her, because she is ambitious, she has a bachelor degree in business and seemed to understand that side of things. So I was all for her being out international pop diva.

As time went by, I started to deslike her a lot, because she often says "I WAS THE FIRST ONE EVER..." about things she wasn't the first one, not even the second one. If a song is a hit it is because of her, if it is a flop she blames on the whole world. When is good to her brand she will act like she grew up on a favela, but if you researched her life was never of poverty. She released songs almost every week for the past 5 years, I'm no kidding. Someone once counted all her collabs, at the time was more than 50 SINGLES (meaning they had videos and promo). 

She never tried to go for the neighboring countries first, where brazilian musica is already accepted to some degree. Where we have a lot our tv series being exported to. Meaning: they are used to our culture. She never did the work to start from Argentina, for example. We love Argentina and they love us, they would be the most open to her. She never focused on a market. These songs with three languages, no one in Brazil care for it. 

I always look to Shakira. Brazil was once Shakira's biggest market, all the way back in the mid 90s. She would be here every week. She would be here weekends, then during the week she would promo elsewhere in Latin America. She recorded Brazilian Portuguese versions of her songs. She learned our language. She toured the whole country, tours with more than 20 dates. She knows Brazil better than I do. She didn't started going to America.

Anitta could even go to Europe, where people are more open to our music, she had some minor hits there doing collabs but never really went to do a huge promo tour, something focused, with a good song.

So her career doesn't make much sense now. I mean, we often say she can't tour solo in Brasil and it is true, when she tours here is always inside festivals or small venues. She can't tour elsewhere in the world. She did somo small concerts in Paris and London for an audience of 99% Brazilians. 

I think she has a lot of money because she was even a co-owner of a big bank here in Brasil. I think nothing in show business is for free. She is her biggest investor, I think. Sometimes I think she does that so she can hava a bigger brand here in Brazil, like "I am international" a lot of people believe it, because she is on the VMAs, Coachella, "she must be famous there".

She is on a crusade of "exporting Brazilian funk" when Brazilian funk has been exported several times i.e. M.I.A in her debut produced by Diplo, they sampled Brazilian funk on one of her singles. We have Brazilian artists braking the top global on spotify with Brazilian funk not long a go. We have right now a female singer breaking into the top of several countries with a Brazilian funk, Brazilian sang. She acts like she is THE FIRST, THE LAST, THE ONLY ONE.

1 hour ago, Antikythera said:

I am Brazilian, what I can say is that we dream of having an international popstar, we like to share our culture. Before Anitta we had some crossover artists, but pop was pretty much dead in Brazil until Anitta came investing in videos (here the main artists usually release live videos / live albums as a rule, studio albums are rare), she invested on youtube, before her no one cared putting videos on youtube (i'm talking brazil) and she released full eras with several well produced videos (for our standards then, they were low).

I really cheered for her, because she is ambitious, she has a bachelor degree in business and seemed to understand that side of things. So I was all for her being out international pop diva.

As time went by, I started to deslike her a lot, because she often says "I WAS THE FIRST ONE EVER..." about things she wasn't the first one, not even the second one. If a song is a hit it is because of her, if it is a flop she blames on the whole world. When is good to her brand she will act like she grew up on a favela, but if you researched her life was never of poverty. She released songs almost every week for the past 5 years, I'm no kidding. Someone once counted all her collabs, at the time was more than 50 SINGLES (meaning they had videos and promo). 

She never tried to go for the neighboring countries first, where brazilian musica is already accepted to some degree. Where we have a lot our tv series being exported to. Meaning: they are used to our culture. She never did the work to start from Argentina, for example. We love Argentina and they love us, they would be the most open to her. She never focused on a market. These songs with three languages, no one in Brazil care for it. 

I always look to Shakira. Brazil was once Shakira's biggest market, all the way back in the mid 90s. She would be here every week. She would be here weekends, then during the week she would promo elsewhere in Latin America. She recorded Brazilian Portuguese versions of her songs. She learned our language. She toured the whole country, tours with more than 20 dates. She knows Brazil better than I do. She didn't started going to America.

Anitta could even go to Europe, where people are more open to our music, she had some minor hits there doing collabs but never really went to do a huge promo tour, something focused, with a good song.

So her career doesn't make much sense now. I mean, we often say she can't tour solo in Brasil and it is true, when she tours here is always inside festivals or small venues. She can't tour elsewhere in the world. She did somo small concerts in Paris and London for an audience of 99% Brazilians. 

I think she has a lot of money because she was even a co-owner of a big bank here in Brasil. I think nothing in show business is for free. She is her biggest investor, I think. Sometimes I think she does that so she can hava a bigger brand here in Brazil, like "I am international" a lot of people believe it, because she is on the VMAs, Coachella, "she must be famous there".

She is on a crusade of "exporting Brazilian funk" when Brazilian funk has been exported several times i.e. M.I.A in her debut produced by Diplo, they sampled Brazilian funk on one of her singles. We have Brazilian artists braking the top global on spotify with Brazilian funk not long a go. We have right now a female singer breaking into the top of several countries with a Brazilian funk, Brazilian sang. She acts like she is THE FIRST, THE LAST, THE ONLY ONE.

I ain’t reading all that

This is literally Anitta during her early days (she was BAD bad fr lmao)

like i get disliking her, because ***** me too (for the same reasons many here have explained). But she came up on Furacao 2000, a very small funk label from Rio. she was not a Globo-made pop star signed to SomLivre dropping records from the get-go and having her songs played in soap operas (they used to be the main driver behind hits). Same with Ludmilla, but not with Furacao

She made her name on YouTube and online with her mixtapes and Furacao 2000 compilation and had an organic come up. There’s no need for revisionism. This is what a brazilian industry plant used to be:

Whatever she is now is because she REALLY secured her bag in brazil with advertising and investments. Nobody is using her music as before but her celebrity is BIG, so invest it in good management overseas.

Edited by liquiddiamonds