Anitta dragged for being an industry plant. Do you agree?

Talento

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talento

• liquiddiamonds

• LittleStarmen

• KatyPrismSpirit

I’m not fan of her but she’s huge in Brazil tho 

1 minute ago, Dialamba said:

I’m not fan of her but she’s huge in Brazil tho 

Sure but we're talking about the promo she gets in America :giraffe: Where's the energy people had with H.E.R.?

Also this does not scream "huge" to me :rip:

Spotify Brazil:

132. Used To Be

135. Funk Rave

170. Nu

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So... the record label is just doing their job? She's huge in Latin America and they're still pushing her english debut, what's the issue here?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Talento said:

Sure but we're talking about the promo she gets in America :giraffe: Where's the energy people had with H.E.R.?

Spotify Brazil:

132. Used To Be

135. Funk Rave

170. Nu

Well, those songs are not in Portuguese so... 

And I mean, she's just getting a performance slot. It's not like she's getting the awards or anything serious. 

doesn't she work her ass off? seems like the label is doing their work of promoting her simple as that 

6 minutes ago, BornUnbroken said:

So... the record label is just doing their job? She's huge in Latin America and they're still pushing her english debut, what's the issue here?

She's not huge in Latin America though. :rip: 

And "pushing her English debut"? :hoetenks: Girl at this point she must have like ten of them.

Yea the whole "she's huge in Latin America" is not true anymore. She was kinda big in Brazil for a while and that's about it. 'Envolver' was a bop and deserved all its success last year, but honestly this woman puts out 100 horrible songs every year. Wrap it up sis.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Talento said:

Where's the energy people had with H.E.R.?

H.E.R. achieved EGOT, Anitta did not 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I tried to listen to the album she put out last year because I have a Brazilian friend who's always talking about this chick but it was legit one of the worst things I've ever heard

• Haha 6

Not everyone can be an organic legend like Kim Petras I fear.

organic-definition-2.jpg 

she SLAYS when the material is good, but she doesn't seem very musically talented 

Of course not. Anitta came from nothing...

She probably bring viewership and social media engagement thats why shes super busy but these numbers dont really translate because she releases mostly trash

Not Anitta getting a VMA performance before Shakira :rip: 

She’s anything but an industry plant. Anitta had a very organic come up in Brazil and I don’t even like her stuff that much. She built multi-format appeal and crossover and is arguably the blueprint for the current brazilian pop star. Most of her stuff stinks though lol Brazil is the second biggest music market in America after the United States. Of course our biggest pop star would be able to try these things with how much money she has made…. 

Anitta’s mistake is that she doesn’t understand the american public, so her stuff always misses and now she’s past her prime. She’s not a creative force to even become a cult artist. So without acclaim or hits she seems faceless and a plant for the audience, but she does have a brazilian/latin audience. She’s known in Latin America and still a big celebrity in Brazil, although her recent stuff is lagging behind some other local brazilian stars

Edited by liquiddiamonds
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Talento said:

Spotify Brazil:

132. Used To Be

135. Funk Rave

170. Nu

exactly, at least H.E.R. actually charts and gets streamed 

1 hour ago, GentleDance said:

H.E.R. achieved EGOT, Anitta did not 

H.E.R. songs actually charts and get streamed + she's actually talented 

2 hours ago, BornUnbroken said:

She's not, She's just there, She's a one hit wonder in spanish countries 

2 hours ago, Talento said:

She's not huge in Latin America though. :rip: 

And "pushing her English debut"? :hoetenks: Girl at this point she must have like ten of them.

"she's not huge in Latin America" and yet she's still a top streamer overall in the LatAM market. I don't even stan any of the girl's music, but she's obviously big enough to be catching strays on twitter and atrl

Outside Brazil? Totally. She always serves desperation and lack of musical identity whenever she releases something 

Some facts were spilled.

She keeps booking major performances and even scored a Grammy nomination (LOL), when she's maybe only had 1 streaming hit in the US. She's nowhere the level Karol G nor Bad Bunny are, even Becky G has more of a following in the US, and they don't get all the gigs she's getting.