Artists the GP doesn't care to see evolve or grow and just want party bops from?

Josh

Now we know the GP is tasteless as hell when it comes to music but what are some artists who the GP doesn't care to see evolve from their original sound and grow into a new one and just want party bops from?

I'll start:

The GP just wants Doja Cat to release Say So 2.0's they didn't whatever noise Attention was. That's why her latest single is doing better. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Virgos Groove

• fememeist

• Lachlan

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d say ed sheeran…? Females probably cardi b

33 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Katy Perry, she tried to evolve and grow and we all know what happened to her :giraffe:

She really hasn't evolved or grown though... Smile was a rehash of everything she's done in the past and Witness was not experimental by any means. 

• Like 2

Rihanna ? She did evolve but I don't think anyone demanded her to and she would have continued doing well with her mindless bop albums.

4 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

She really hasn't evolved or grown though... Smile was a rehash of everything she's done in the past and Witness was not experimental by any means. 

Well even a hint of change (i.e., haircut, etc.) made the GP say NO

Katy

Kesha

Katy Perry 

6 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Well even a hint of change (i.e., haircut, etc.) made the GP say NO

Yeah I definitely think the image change was what did it. :bird:

1 hour ago, Winged said:

Lady Gaga

Shallow happened sis.

OT: Probably Katy?

Ya’ll saying Rihanna when ANTI is still slaying, be for real :rip:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jesus del rey said:

Katy Perry, she tried to evolve and grow and we all know what happened to her :giraffe:

No one's expected to evolve in the streaming era, she really did something she didn't even need to do :dies:

Definitely Gemma Geneviva. I can’t believe she went from 3 UK #1s in one year to not even being able to chart with her sophomore album. SMH.

Dua Lipa, heck I don't think she will take any risk at this point since she doesn't even have an establish fandom 

• Like 6

I don't think the GP cares about growth, but I do think an artist needs to be able to diversify their sound in order to stay relevant to the GP....someone like Alicia Keys has pretty much stuck with the same sound since her debut and eventually she lost the interest of the GP because she hasn't shifted her sound to incorporate newer sounds that have become 'popular' over the years. Now there's nothing wrong with this from an artist's perspective but it does effect their ability to appeal to the GP over time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.