๐Ÿ‘‘ The Ultimate TABS S2 is...... (results at page 339)

Yvess

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Kern

• Year of Shadow

• khalyan

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, stupidjock said:

Everyone just ignoring @Yvessย critsย :ahh:

He's the Paula of the round. Everybody was perched for Randy/Simon

7 hours ago, stupidjock said:

Everyone just ignoring @Yvessย critsย :ahh:

ok, of course since i posted my crits within the day i posted the entries and that was like 2-3 days ago.

ย 

but ofc i know my thoughts are irrelevant anyways, wont do any crits then :duck:

let's just do a 7 people elimination so i can be freed from this game :eli:

Edited by Yvess
  • Like 1

Just now, Element said:

starting now!

tysm, take ur time

57 minutes ago, Hey Dude said:

Does anyone else see this instead of "posted # minutes/hours ago"

ย 

Postedย November 5, 2023

nope

MLD's Critiques

Apparently we won't be getting Muffy shots this time so here is a nice video of her being savage

ย 

ย 

@blackoutbabyย - Rihanna - Only Girl

Yep. The fire is VERY there. You slayed.ย 

@Kylie Verzosaย - Rosalia - SAOKOย 
"Blazing production" bruh WHERE because this production is TRASH, especially on her vocals. This sounds like it was SET on fire instead of being pure fire. Like...oh my lord...this is just BAD! This ain't fierce at all. It's like you took the same producer of Style (Taylor's Version) and made it worse. Bleh. Bleh. BLEH!

ย 

@Legend Eย - Kelly Clarkson - Tightrope (Tour version)

Kelly -ha Eras Tour-esque moment, although not as iconic. But a good entry and the best modern Kelly entry you've sent since her music took a MAJOR nosedive after 2009.ย 

ย 

@Hey Dudeย - Madonna - Hung Up

Your best solo entry in a VERY long time. After flopping like a plastic bag for multiple rounds, let alone multiple games at this point, you have FINALLY slayed again and you finally have a competent entry.

ย 

@Queen.ย - Nicki Minaj

Not bad actually. This worked out pretty well.ย 

ย 

@ZORBITย - Tinashe

The production fits but the lyrics and vocal delivery do not. NEXT!

ย 

@Overprotectedย - Mariah Careyย - Prisoner

Umm...no. You can't expect me to take this generic dated 80s garbage seriously. Debbie Harry is a better rapper than her for one thing and this song sounds like Mariah trying to make her best Taylor Dayne impression...Tell It To My Heart is already pure garbage as is along with most of her dying banshee songs. This may have been released in 1990 but clearly the toxic 80s that Gen X oh so thinks was the "best time in music" when it has some of THE most dated production ever ******* ever really kills this. There HAD to be something from her more recent discography that had to suit this better because...let's leave this trash with the 80s hair bands and the pre-pubescent R&B groups.ย 

ย 

@fiercEย - P!nk - Dear. Mr. President

It's compassionate but I'm sure you had something better than this in her discography. The funny thing is I think the submission of Run in Survivor alone shows a song that is more compassionate than Dear Mr. President already, or even All I Know So Far could have worked here too. So, not bad, but could have been better baby ;)

ย 

@Dessyย - Ciara - One Woman Army

Yep. Great. Shits all over the 80s banshee and the Bush letter, good job.

ย 

Ok, sending in my ratings.

ย 

@stupidjockย @Yvessย @lacyย @CBC

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Thanks 1

Why is shits not censored but ***** and ******* are? :skull:

just waiting for our guest judge to send in scores and post crits tysm!

• ATRL Moderator

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Thank you for having me as a guest judge! Overall, you guys did a really great job during this challenge!! Some elements were really hard to pick a winner.

ย 

FIRE

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo2_500.gifv

ย 

Spoiler

wjBRCep.png

@blackoutbaby

ONLY GIRL (IN THE WORLD)

I don't think this is a bad entry by any means, but going up against Saoko is a tough battle for fire. There are aspects of passion and desire throughout the song, but they come across a bit more lighthearted at times. Theย effervescent production of the verses also contrasts with the fiery vision.

ย 

AgkxZF1.png

SAOKO
I mean come on now... you ate this up!!! The song speaks for itself. It is bold, brash, and unstoppable. Her confidence is on display from the second the song begins to the second it finishes. She is incredibly passionate, and the dramatic production helps to drive this home.
ย 

ย 

AIR

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo1_500.gifv

ย 

Spoiler

LuAQ1Hw.png

TIGHTROPEย  (Tour Version)

This definitely shows a relationship under strain, but honestly the lyrics were not as chaotic as I would have hoped for. Her vocal delivery and the production make things actually seem a lot calmer than you'd expect. Not a bad entry per se, but I am just confused as to why you would select this song out of her entire discography. Certainly some other songs could have worked for air/turbulence?

ย 

1I9bdLb.png

HUNG UP

This was definitely an interesting choice - tbh I'm a bit conflicted lyrically because a good portion of the song shows her being uncertain about what to do. However, I guess that is kind of necessary to get to the ultimate conclusion, which is her deciding to break off the relationship. I really liked the atmopshere and production of this for air. It has a very tornadic and whimsical quality to it.

ย 

WATER

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo4_500.gifv

ย 

Spoiler

HHyBFh6.png

PILLS N POTIONS

This was a very solid submission! I think the forgiveness is palpable throughout the song. The production is fairly calm and rhythmic; definitely makes me envision water more than any other element.

ย 

qZkFpdv.png

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

Absolutely excellent representation of water from a production standpoint. It feels like the whole song is set underwater, and her serene vocals drive home the imagery. The lyrics are a decent representation of the quality in your argument, but sometimes get a little bit unfocused. The production is just soooo strong for this though so I'm slayed by that.

ย 

ย 

ย 

EARTH

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo3_500.gifv

ย 

Spoiler

qdGLMhV.png

PRISONER

First of all, I was bopping v much to this! Thanks for the introduction. I think it's overall a good entry. It definitely has many great examples of strength and confidence throughout. The rapping verse was a strong element too + I liked the new jack swing components for the earth element. Good job!

ย 

faTZKdx.png

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT

Interesting take on this challenge. I definitely see what you were going for, and I found it interesting how P!nk balanced compassion with firmness. The production was a bit more understated compared to the other two entries, but it was earthy enough.

ย 

36w3XsQ.png

ย @Dessy

ONE WOMAN ARMY

All in all, this was perfect. The lyrics were excellent to represent the quality of strength and I thought the harsh, militant production tied everything together. Great choice and a bit of a bop I have to say!

ย 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Element said:

ELEMENT'S CRITIQUES

Thank you for having me as a guest judge! Overall, you guys did a really great job during this challenge!! Some elements were really hard to pick a winner.

ย 

FIRE

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo2_500.gifv

ย 

ย  Hide contents

wjBRCep.png

@blackoutbaby

ONLY GIRL (IN THE WORLD)

I don't think this is a bad entry by any means, but going up against Saoko is a tough battle for fire. There are aspects of passion and desire throughout the song, but they come across a bit more lighthearted at times. Theย effervescent production of the verses also contrasts with the fiery vision.

ย 

AgkxZF1.png

SAOKO
I mean come on now... you ate this up!!! The song speaks for itself. It is bold, brash, and unstoppable. Her confidence is on display from the second the song begins to the second it finishes. She is incredibly passionate, and the dramatic production helps to drive this home.
ย 

ย 

AIR

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo1_500.gifv

ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

LuAQ1Hw.png

TIGHTROPEย  (Tour Version)

This definitely shows a relationship under strain, but honestly the lyrics were not as chaotic as I would have hoped for. Her vocal delivery and the production make things actually seem a lot calmer than you'd expect. Not a bad entry per se, but I am just confused as to why you would select this song out of her entire discography. Certainly some other songs could have worked for air/turbulence?

ย 

1I9bdLb.png

HUNG UP

This was definitely an interesting choice - tbh I'm a bit conflicted lyrically because a good portion of the song shows her being uncertain about what to do. However, I guess that is kind of necessary to get to the ultimate conclusion, which is her deciding to break off the relationship. I really liked the atmopshere and production of this for air. It has a very tornadic and whimsical quality to it.

ย 

ย 

WATER

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo4_500.gifv

ย 

HHyBFh6.png

PILLS N POTIONS

This was a very solid submission! I think the forgiveness is palpable throughout the song. The production is fairly calm and rhythmic; definitely makes me envision water more than any other element.

ย 

qZkFpdv.png

LIFE'S TOO SHORT

Absolutely excellent representation of water from a production standpoint. It feels like the whole song is set underwater, and her serene vocals drive home the imagery. The lyrics are a decent representation of the quality in your argument, but sometimes get a little bit unfocused. The production is just soooo strong for this though so I'm slayed by that.

ย 

ย 

ย 

EARTH

tumblr_onqbv4c4SP1v9493yo3_500.gifv

ย 

qdGLMhV.png

PRISONER

First of all, I was bopping v much to this! Thanks for the introduction. I think it's overall a good entry. It definitely has many great examples of strength and confidence throughout. The rapping verse was a strong element too + I liked the new jack swing components for the earth element. Good job!

ย 

faTZKdx.png

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT

Interesting take on this challenge. I definitely see what you were going for, and I found it interesting how P!nk balanced compassion with firmness. The production was a bit more understated compared to the other two entries, but it was earthy enough.

ย 

36w3XsQ.png

ย @Dessy

ONE WOMAN ARMY

All in all, this was perfect. The lyrics were excellent to represent the quality of strength and I thought the harsh, militant production tied everything together. Great choice and a bit of a bop I have to say!

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

ย 

Edited by Yvess

thank you so much @Elementd for guest judging in this messy lil game. :worship2:

TXVoIkt.png

tumblr_p3ol7goO7V1w5lm31o4_400.gifv

Hello, TABSistrens!

Welcome to the 12th Results Show of the Season!

ย 

faTZKdx.pngLuAQ1Hw.pngAgkxZF1.pngqZkFpdv.pngHHyBFh6.png

ย 

36w3XsQ.pngwjBRCep.png1I9bdLb.pngqdGLMhV.png

ย 

:alexz:ย @fiercEย @Legend Eย @Kylie Verzosaย @ZORBITย @Queen.ย :alexz:

:alexz:ย @Dessyย @blackoutbabyย @Hey Dudeย ย @Overprotected:alexz:ย 

ย 

@stupidjockย @MusicLoverDudeย @CBCย @lacy

Edited by Yvess