Better Vault Tracks: Speak Now (TV) vs Red (TV)

Diesel is Desire

Speak Now (TV) vs Red (TV)  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which album has the better vault tracks (excluding All Too Well 10MV)?

• Speak Now (TV) - Electric Touch, When Emma Falls in Love, I Can See You, Castles Crumbling, Foolish One, Timeless
    • Red (TV) - Better Man, Nothing New, Babe, Message in a Bottle, I Bet You Think About Me, Forever Winter, Run, The Very First Night

speak-now-taylors-version-stolen-version

tswift.jpeg

Which album has the better vault tracks (excluding ATW10MV)?

Electric Touch / Better Man

When Emma Falls in Love / Nothing New

I Can See You / Babe

Castles Crumbling / Message in a Bottle

Foolish One / I Bet You Think About Me

Timeless / Forever Winter

Bonus: 
Battle / Run

Edited by Taeyong
  • Like 1

Where the **** is Forever Winter??

it washes everything on the released vaults and the future ones too :coffee2:

9 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

Where the **** is Forever Winter??

it washes everything on the released vaults and the future ones too :coffee2:

Added it to the OP. The Forever Winter demo is so much better than TV though 

Taylor has always been a great songwriter but the Red TV tracks really indicate her maturity and growth. Imagine being 20/21 and writing songs like Forever Winter, Better Man, and Nothing New :wanda: kinda surprised that Nothing New didn't make the cut for the OG, because that captures so well the insecurity and hopelessness feeling we have when we''re in our early 20s in that transition phase between teenage and adulthood years. 

Speak Now is also great but some songs could've used a bit more trimming and pruning (ie: a cowriter) to go from great --> excellent. 

it's going to be so hard for any vault tracks to pass the superiority of the red tv vault tracks

• Like 2

Red wins! :bird:

I Can See You / Babe

I Can See You / Babe

Speak Now TV clears for me.

I didn't like much on Red :emofish:

Red has higher highs (FW, IBYTAM, BM) but lower lows (Run, MIAB, Babe) so I might give it to SN

Speak now must be the her most overrated album in the fan base, it's really nothing to write home about

I Can See You / Babe

Battle / Run

Sacred sweetie… I’m so sorry they would even dare to ask this. 

Most of the Peak Low vault tracks are just more Peak Low songs. 

Sacred vault tracks include some all-time career bests: Better Man, Nothing New, Forever Winter, IBYTAM… Peak Low simply cannot compare. 

I Can See You / Babe

2 hours ago, Taeyong said:

Added it to the OP. The Forever Winter demo is so much better than TV though 

I just listened to the demo. Her voice sounds more fragile, upset, angry, and sad during the verses. It’s like she went in and recorded the song after she heard the news of her friend passing. The instrumental is cute. I wasn’t expecting the first chorus to be packed with bass. Her vocals are much better in the TV. She cuts off the notes too soon in the demo. The bridge and outro are superior in the TV too. Honestly, they’re not too different from each other. The TV is a very faithful recording. You can barely tell they were recorded 10 years apart. Great job, Taylor! 

I haven't liked any of The Vault tracks besides I Can See you so Speak Now TV clears on that criteria alone

The Speak Now Vault absolutely clears the Red Vault with ease, it’s not even close. 

Red's vault has higher highs but also lower lows, I don't use songs such as Run, Babe and The Very First Night (even Message in a Bottle is not particularly special, but at least it's bop-ish) that much, while there's nothing from SN's vault that I feel like skipping...I can't decide lol, maybe I'll give it to Red because it has Forever Winter.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

Red's vault tracks are amazing.  Speak Now's didn't hit me on first listen like Red's.

I Can See You / Babe :gaycat2:

Bonus: 
Battle / Run

I bet you Chris about me alone >>> 

Red TV >>>>

Better Man alone >>>>>>

All Too Well 10, Better Man, Forever Winter, Foolish One, When Emma Falls In Love, Nothing New, Castles Crumbling, I Can See You, I Bet You Think About Me, The Very First Night, Timeless, Babe, Message In a Bottle, Electric Touch, Run

I think I have to give the edge to Red even though Speak Now is fantastic too :jonny: 

Just like their parent albums, Red has the higher highs and lower lows, Speak Now is more consistent and has the best song—Timeless for the vault, Enchanted on the standard.

Red has the better vault tracks in general - The Very First Night, ATW10, Nothing New and Better Man are all top-tier tracks. IBYTAM and Run are also great.

Speak Now has the higher highs though - Timeless, Electric Touch and Castles Crumbling >>>>>> Too bad Emma and Foolish Ones are kinda flat, and I Can See You is good but mid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.